SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

pops back in air filter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pitbull8151

pitbull8151

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-02-06

pops back in air filter Empty
PostSubject: pops back in air filter    pops back in air filter EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:30 pm

I have a 06 660. At slight throttle it pops back thru air filter. Does fine all the to WOT. Just hard to idle around the trails and popping back.

I have a HunterWorks Tri-fire but have had no issues till now. Have new plug and filters.
Any ideas??
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: pops back in air filter    pops back in air filter EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Could be running rich if you haven't replaced your air filter lately. Or your exhaust could be partially plugged too.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: pops back in air filter    pops back in air filter EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Lean POP!! Did you re-jet for filters and CDI box?
Back to top Go down
pitbull8151

pitbull8151

PostSubject: Re: pops back in air filter    pops back in air filter EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Have stock type filter. Not rejeted. New filter. Will pull plug in morn to see if lean
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: pops back in air filter    pops back in air filter EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Yep, popping back through the carb is always a lean condition. I am completely ignorant to the Rhino carb, but you may have a low speed jet partially plugged if it only occurs while coming off idle. May not show up on the plug either if it is only happening in a narrow window of operation. May get lucky and just add some Seafoam to the gas and it clean itself out. Otherwise, clean your jets.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: pops back in air filter    pops back in air filter EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:35 am

fuel filter or fuel pump
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: pops back in air filter    pops back in air filter EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:49 am

bush wrote:
fuel filter or fuel pump

Generally a carb won't care about fuel pressure or volume. There is either enough fuel in fuel bowl or there is not. And coming off idle there should be ample fuel in the bowl (with electric fuel pump) versus running at higher rpm's in a low flow situation.
Of course like I said before, I am ignorant to the Rhino, for all I know it is fuel injected!!! Then fuel pressure and volume would come into play more.
What would that model Rhino be, efi or carb? Mechanical or electric fuel pump?
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: pops back in air filter    pops back in air filter EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:56 am

the 660 has a carb and vacuum fuel pump. 90% of all fuel trouble out of the 660 can be fixed with a fuel filter or pump.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: pops back in air filter    pops back in air filter EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:13 am

Ahhh, vacuum fuel pump. Yep, that could definetly cause a low fuel level in the bowl coming off of idle. My outboard engines used a vacuum fuel pump and gave me the exact same problem as the o.p.
Back to top Go down
pitbull8151

pitbull8151

PostSubject: Re: pops back in air filter    pops back in air filter EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Will try that. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pops back in air filter    pops back in air filter Empty

Back to top Go down

pops back in air filter
Page 1 of 1