SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know anything about these air filters?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Anyone know anything about these air filters? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know anything about these air filters?   Anyone know anything about these air filters? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:50 am

Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about these air filters?   Anyone know anything about these air filters? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:21 am

Man, I don't know. I have always stuck with the stock paper filters. I know aftermarket ones flow more air, but it's often at the expense of filtration. I really don't want to take a chance of my motor sucking in the very fine dust particles that we see so often on our rides. I think if we change them often enough we really shouldn't run into any issues.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about these air filters?   Anyone know anything about these air filters? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:02 pm

I agree to an extent. I don't know when it happened, but the price of the stock filters has almost doubled. I used to only do abt 3 rides and swap it out, but to pay 30 for a paper filter seems crazy to me. I run a pre filter on my stocker, but still doesn't take long to make one filthy. Of course here lately I only get the chance to ride 2-3 times a year so I guess I could stick with tried and true paper filter.
I ran a K&N on my blue buggy for one ride, and when I saw some dust had gotten past it I took it off.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know anything about these air filters?   Anyone know anything about these air filters? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone know anything about these air filters?
Page 1 of 1