SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeep Forums

Go down 
+5
wvyankee2
GunRunner
Big-R
broknbonz
rcmass
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:01 pm

ok y'all - I may be getting a lil more serious about selling the rhino....

Ideally - I would lvoe to trade someone for a Jeep Wrangler... (really open to model and year)

What jeep forums can anyone recommend to get started???

any other advice???

I have listed the rhino on craigslist (knoxville, all aorund NC, columbia SC, Greenville SC and Atlanta). Also on Atvtrader.com and RF.net.

what about cycle trader??? Seem a lil expensive unless it gets results.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:34 pm

check out southern four wheel drive association, they should have a listing of clubs in your area.
I wish you luck with the jeep thing. I've built several and it can be a money pit. Just my opinion but i'd look for a rubicon edition, lift it for 35's and add a winch. will take you everywhere you NEED to go. already has the 4:1 transfer case, gears, electric lockers. oh yeah get an automatic. (just my preference)
good luck on the rhino sell, make someone a package deal for both ours....lol
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:50 pm

thanks for the info bonz.....

I found the southern 4wd association and been paroozing it a lil.....

may have found a shop here locally willing to barter for a rhino - we'll see....

I will keep y'all updated.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:53 pm

rcmass wrote:
ok y'all - I may be getting a lil more serious about selling the rhino....

WTF :<spank:

What in the HELL are you talken about .................. :<banned:
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:54 pm

cycle trader works, forget ebay, powersports rarely bring even close to what they are worth.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:17 pm

Here is the kick assest (is that a word?) Jeep Wrangler Forum. Just a word of warning. If you dont own a Rubicon, your kinda like the 450 Rhino owners at Rhinoforums.net. Rolling Eyes

NO, there is a great bunch of guys over there. Here is the link: http://www.rubiconownersforum.com/phpbb3/

Just a word of insight RC. You need to get ready to go SSSLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! An old Jeeper once told me; " If you think your going to slow, your probably going to fast." Also. Plan to remove large sums of money from your pocket so you can go slower better Exclamation Rhino
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:29 pm

thanks for the link.

I hear you yank on the slooooowwwwww.....

though it could be the best thing for me and my back - still allow me to offroad - and save lil back.....

I would be using the jeep too for a couple things - sunday driver - offroader - vacationer - convertible - etc... I thin I would take the mods slow as well - but I also said the same thing about the rhino Wink
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:59 pm

I had a Jeep and a ATV for about 4 years. Was always a internal struggle on which I wanted to take Wheelin 😕 . I liked the large rock crawlin ability and ass puckerin hill climbing ability of the Jeep, and the trail blazin ability of the ATV. Seems like my Jeep buddy's would always call me to go Jeepin, the same day my ATV buddy's would call me to go ATV'n scratch . Also, after 4 years I began to get tired of having my Jeep for my daily driver ( although I have to admit on some sunny days I really miss droppin the top). So, I sold them both and bought the Rhino. The Jeep Mods can get very addicting. I had about 6K in Mods on my Jeep. The good news is I took them all off and got 4K out of them when I sold it. Keep ALL your stock parts Exclamation Not trying to Discourage you RC. Just sharin some of lifes experiences Wink .

Jeep Forums Rubicon05001xi0
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:13 pm

thanks for the info - need as much as I can get right now to make an edu-ma-cated decision.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:35 pm

its pretty simple , keep all your mods that will change to a new Rhino.
sale old Rhino , once your back is fixed. go get a new Rhino.... allright

problem solved..... cheers

Chris.... :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:48 pm

im on the same kick wanting a wrangler BAD!
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 6:29 pm

Save your money and keep your Rhino, its cheaper, trust me. You can have just as much fun in a Rhino than you can in a Jeep just on a smaller scale. I have a 97 TJ and its a money pit, if you start building it you have to start upgrading everything. Bigger tires and lift kit $$$$$= stronger axles = better transfer case and drive shafts= better transmission. Then you get into Lockers and gear reductions, stronger u-joints, chromoly tie rod and drag link, heavy duty steering box or full Hydro, roll cage (stock is not much protection when rock crawling) bumpers, winch, full spare, tools, high lift jack, beadlocks, skid plates, ect. It just keeps going and everything cost twice as much as Rhino stuff. I got tired of fixing my Jeep and bought a Rhino. At least if I break my Rhino I can still get home and it can sit until I have the money to fix it.

If your still into it. I know its a Florida site but it has a lot of good info. FJOA My screen name is 97FloridaTJ
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 6:40 pm

My first Jeep. An 03 TJ with a little Mods. Then came the 05 Rubicon with a little more Mod's. Wink

Jeep Forums 4wheelin200531017nm4

Jeep Forums 4wheelin200531014gp3

And the Hood ornament. 👅 Chug

Jeep Forums 4wheelin200531013pk2
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:29 pm

Clutch wrote:
Save your money and keep your Rhino, its cheaper, trust me. You can have just as much fun in a Rhino than you can in a Jeep just on a smaller scale. I have a 97 TJ and its a money pit, if you start building it you have to start upgrading everything. Bigger tires and lift kit $$$$$= stronger axles = better transfer case and drive shafts= better transmission. Then you get into Lockers and gear reductions, stronger u-joints, chromoly tie rod and drag link, heavy duty steering box or full Hydro, roll cage (stock is not much protection when rock crawling) bumpers, winch, full spare, tools, high lift jack, beadlocks, skid plates, ect. It just keeps going and everything cost twice as much as Rhino stuff. I got tired of fixing my Jeep and bought a Rhino. At least if I break my Rhino I can still get home and it can sit until I have the money to fix it.

If your still into it. I know its a Florida site but it has a lot of good info. FJOA My screen name is 97FloridaTJ

the bad thing is.... I realize all this - but there si really no other way to offroad for me after surgery....tough to realize
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:19 pm

rcmass wrote:
Clutch wrote:

the bad thing is.... I realize all this - but there si really no other way to offroad for me after surgery....tough to realize

man i'm telling ya, the sport shocks are a huge improvement. hell you pay the shipping i'll send ya mine to test out on your rhino. Huge improvement, ride and handling
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:36 pm

rcmass wrote:
Clutch wrote:

you should not be offroading after surgery.... :<club:
you need to wait and get well , so you can ride with us again...... allright
a back is not something to mess around with. Attention
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 12:07 am

Hey rcmass,

Will you really not be able to ride rhinos ever. Or will you just be able to ride the jeep sooner? suspect
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 7:14 am

Big R - thats the big 60 million question....

I know I can offroad a jeep with no back issues (until I get stuck and have to dig Wink ) The rhino is EXTREMELY hard on a back that has or is in need of surgery - especially the way I ride it - wfo. Sport shocks and high backs will be a must if I ever get back in one.... the problem is not knowing for 6-8 months after surgery if I will be back to 100% - and at that point if I HAVE to get rid fo it - I am 6-8 months further behind curve.....

some tough decisions....
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 7:16 pm

Well if your not going to wheel it hard a slightly moded Jeep is very capable. In my case, 5" lift and 35 Swampers turned into $9k
of mods on a $8k Jeep and im still not done. And not to mention it's broke right now. But if thats your only means of wheeling then go for it, they are fun just expensive.

Word of advise, decide what you want it to do and what you are going to use it for (off road only, on/off road, mild wheeling daily driver) and build it a little more than what you think you will need. Make plans go get rid of the Dana 35 rear axle asap, they suck on a stock Jeep put some 33's or 35's and "boom" it will come apart leaving a traffic light. Dont upgrade it swap it with something better. If you have any questions let let me know before you buy I can save you a lot of problems and money avoiding certain things.

Sorry to hear about your back, my cousin is going threw the same thing. 3 years and 4 surgeries latter its still not right.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 8:58 pm

Clutch's jeep is pretty nice from the 1 time i saw it at Ocala
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 10:44 pm

rcmass,

What in the hell have you done to your back????? Your a young man. scratch
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 7:27 am

years of abuse water ski jumping - its in my for sale thread....
Back to top Go down
kykult64

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 10:31 am

rcmass, I feel your pain of having to stop doing something that you love because of injury. I raced ATVs for about 15 years but a couple years ago I was tired of getting hurt. I got into jeeping with some local friends and have had a ball. We do some pretty hard core rock crawling with a pretty diverse group of rigs. Our "leader" has a competition rock buggy and mine is a 98 wrangler. I have a 3.5" lift, 33" tires, and a stock dana 44 rubicon front end. I am open in the rear and locked in the front. I need a winch but I have always been able to go anywhere that I wanted, just maybe not over the biggest of obstacles. My jeep was a daily driver for about three years. I just got tired of being hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Although it still is a good time to cruise around with the top off. My advise, keep the mods mild and you will not have breakage. It sounds like there are a few jeep guys on here as well. If you find a rig that you are interested in, you should post details and we could pick it a part for you. btw, I would not trade my jeep or my rhino for anything, except a better jeep or rhino!

Josh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jeep Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Forums   Jeep Forums Empty

Back to top Go down

Jeep Forums
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Other BS-
Jump to: