SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Summer Vacation Spot

Go down 
+7
MarkM
DrMud
BigMotts
Gimpy
Wingman
Dean
girdlerrzr
11 posters
AuthorMessage
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

Favorite Summer Vacation Spot Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:11 pm

We want to go to beach and we have two small children...any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Outer Banks N.Carolina love it there
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:41 pm

Dean wrote:
Outer Banks N.Carolina love it there

We live at the Outer Banks, if you need any information let me know!!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:29 pm

I have liked it at Myrtle Beach and have reservations at Myrtle Beach Travel Park. The campground is on the beach. Other places we like are in Florida-St. Augustine and on the Gulf side we like Indian Rocks. Lots to do there.

Last edited by Gimpy on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:35 pm

maui
Back to top Go down
DrMud
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:39 pm

Just verify what kind of group events if any are going on wherever you go, I ended up at Ft Lauderdale Beach one time, at the same time that a "college re-union" blowout...wrong time with the kids when small. We left.

Last edited by DrMud on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MarkM
SSXSRider Member
MarkM

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:08 am

Holden Beach, NC. Been going there for 18 yrs. Quiet, no hotels or motels. Family beach. The way it's situated the water is more calm than other beaches.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:20 pm

DrMud wrote:
Just verify what kind of group events if any are going on wherever you go, I ended up at Ft Lauderdale Beach one time, at the same time that a "college re-union" blowout...wrong time with the kids when small. We left.

You should have sent the kids to day camp or day care, then join the parties thatsright Chug dance party fireworks Wave girldance Favorite Summer Vacation Spot 907202
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:17 pm

FL. panhandle. Hands-down. Better than Jamaica, smokes any beaches on the Atlantic. Period. Going to Cape-San Blas this Saturday for a week!!!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:03 am

Since your in Ky my guess is you would be better off just heading east, But we just spent last week in Panama City beach and had a great time with the kids.. We also went over to Destin one day to goof off.

St. Augustine is also nice, Heck so is Gulf shores or orange beach. Tons of family stuff there.

Maui was also nice, but not sure I would take my kids there. Expensive place to go, long flight. And while we were there most everything we did was more adult oriented. Like Snorkeling, Road to Hana, and just drinking and eating fancy dinners..

Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:25 am

Ditto on panama city and Destin, just dont go during spring break. Im heading down to destin in 2 weeks. Looking forward to sitting on the beach for a week and doing nothing but relaxing and drinking some Beer
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:36 am

Matt when you go McGuire's Irish Pub is kind o cool to check out. But don't get their prime ribb. I was told it was great. Wrong. Me and my wife really like prime ribb and neither of us liked it. For 30 bucks I was expecting it to atleast beat Texas road house. I didn't even eat it all Sad
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:45 am

If you are looking for something more remote, check on St George Island, FL. I am taking my family there for 10 days at the end of June.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Summer Vacation Spot   Favorite Summer Vacation Spot Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Summer Vacation Spot
Page 1 of 1