SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UTV Racing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

UTV Racing Empty
PostSubject: UTV Racing   UTV Racing EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Watched a UTV race on the Speed Chanel and was wondering why the racers would not lighten their machines as much as they could. Most had tops and doors and one even had bumpers. Only a few took out the passenger seat. I'm surprised they didn't have the tool boxes and coolers still in the back. HP - weight equal more HP. Just saying cause I still have the old 800 that now weighs close to 1500 lbs thanks to all the add ons.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

UTV Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: UTV Racing   UTV Racing EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Safety,,, Its pretty easy to have a crash in those races. Doors and roofs just make it much safer. Take a dump in a curve and roll off the track your going to want both doors and a roof. Or get sideways in a curve and have another racer Tbone you.. Bumpers could very well keep in in the race cause with out them its very easy to pop a radiator or bust up plastics to the point they are dragging. I've never seen a race buggy lighter then a stock machine. They all have Full dom cages and lots have fixed doors that are also dom and welded into the cage. Most of those guys also run suspension seats, beefed up axles and a-arms, ect. A stock machine I'm sure would beat them in a straight line drag race. But they ain't racing in a straight line :)
Back to top Go down

UTV Racing
Page 1 of 1