SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prayers for Jim Craigs family

Go down 
+8
Woodtick
Big-R
Goose
samiam
ridepate
BIG D 57
DirtDawber
Gimpy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Prayers for Jim Craigs family Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:07 pm

When I dropped my RZRS at the dealer today, Troy showed me a Ranger 900XP that was there. Not to much noticeable damage could be seen from a crash. This is not meant to judge the decisions we make while we ride, just giving some information.

Jim was an elderly man, I think Troy said 76. He has the SxS and lots of 4 wheelers. Takes his family and grand kids riding almost every week somewhere.
Jim took them to Black Mountain in Evarts during the Labor Day weekend. Jim had his 18 year old granddaughter in the passenger seat. Jim was on the stadium #2 climb when he got hung up, rolled backwards and started flipping. Jim was not strapped in, but had the side net installed. Jim always told others that he would not ride rough enough stuff to need to be strapped in. Without going into the graphics, Jim Died almost with in a minute after the crash. His granddaughter, who was strapped in only got a bruise on her head. Jim was a local I recon from here and died doing what most of us love to do.

So when you make the decision, to strap in and bang your head, or not strap in and possibly get hung on something and not be able to bale all the way, like Jim did until about the 3rd roll threw him out, please think which is worse. I am sticking with the 4 point harnesses strapped in.

I pray for Jim, his family and friends that knew him. I pray for his family and friends who saw this happen, that they will be able to get the image of the accident out of their minds. And I pray that it never happens to any of us on our rides.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:14 pm

That is just terrible. Thoughts and prayers for this Family. Prayer 

Thank you Les for the well thoughtout and meaningful words.
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:30 pm

Prayers for the family, thank you for sharing this sad story, I hope it make us aware how things can go so wrong so fast , I hope the granddaughter can get past this even tho it will be with her forever.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:59 pm

That's terrible Les. Prayers sent!
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 8:42 pm

Very sad. We all make poor decisions that most of the time it is a lesson learned, but sometimes it is the ultimate price. Praying for the family.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks Les. Prayer 
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 9:03 pm

That is an awful tragic story. I will pray for his family.......
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 9:06 pm

About the only bright spot there at all is that the old fella died doing something he loved to do, with someone he loved to be with. I'll say a prayer for the family and for Jim. Tough to deal with all around.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 12:23 am

Prayer Prayer 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:38 am

Thats really sad to hear. Sad 
always wear them belts
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:41 am

You know we are all lucky, many times ive seen and been in situations that could have ended in a bad way. I remember at bell county the guy in the rhino high as a kite on moonshine came around the curve wide open and jumped the bank and was lucky enough to land against the only tree within a hundred feet. the tree had to be cut down to get his rhino off but he avoided a death sentence of the 300 yard deep canyon on the other side of that tree. God must surely watch over off road riders as luckily fatalities are rare. prayers sent.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:11 pm

Bad news praters to the family.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:21 pm

GunRunner wrote:
You know we are all lucky, many times ive seen and been in situations that could have ended in a bad way. I remember at bell county the guy in the rhino high as a kite on moonshine came around the curve wide open and jumped the bank and was lucky enough to land against the only tree within a hundred feet. the tree had to be cut down to get his rhino off but he avoided a death sentence of the 300 yard deep canyon on the other side of that tree. God must surely watch over off road riders as  luckily fatalities are rare. prayers sent.
He was following me. Almost ran into me several times. I stopped at the fork just before he went up the hill to the dead end, but he was to high to even see me. God gave him another chance. That was my first ride with the southernsxsriders.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Jim Craigs family   Prayers for Jim Craigs family Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for Jim Craigs family
Page 1 of 1