SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evarts, Kentucky

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Evarts, Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Evarts, Kentucky   Evarts, Kentucky EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 7:28 am

Guy's here's another good ride possibility we may want to consider sometime. Evarts, KY. The local club is the Harlan Co. Ridge runners, and are a great group who are always willing to lead a trail ride. Almost 50,000 acres of Appalachian Heaven! Here is the link:

http://rr.kyoutdoors.com/
Back to top Go down
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Evarts, Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky   Evarts, Kentucky EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 1:44 pm

yep they are great for sure...great riding area...

and on top of that...we are their neighbors to the south...and our riding area will soon connect in with theirs!

if yall do decide to come up this way let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hollercrawlers.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

Evarts, Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky   Evarts, Kentucky EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 6:53 pm

We sure will. Thanks. :D
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

Evarts, Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky   Evarts, Kentucky EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 11:07 pm

I have 2 rides planned in Evarts this year so far and will probably do at least 1 more. I will be there in June for the Summer Spampede and in August for the SXS ride. The Ky Dirtriders are gonna be there too for these rides, so anyone is welcome to hook-up with us. You might want to make reservations early cause everything will book up fast. I am staying at Black Mountain Cabins, good place, been there before. Let me know if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
Cub

Cub

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Evarts, Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky   Evarts, Kentucky EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Evarts is my favorite place to ride. Try to go atleast 2 times a year. Gonna head down this spring sometime and over thanksgiving weekend for thier Jingle Bell Ride.
If there is a group of SxS riders going on an off weekend, I would love to go!
If you get down there take the guided rides. I like the one to Martins Fork. Nothing too hard but a really great ride...usually 80-90 miles with a ton of beautiful riding! There are some pics of this years thanksgiving weekend in my photobucket link at the bottom of my sig.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lincolncountrytrailriders.com
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Evarts, Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky   Evarts, Kentucky EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 11:17 pm

yep it is great....i cant wait to get our riding areas connected....yall will freak....itll be awesome. evarts is awesome. our club is going to the ramp festival on april 12 and summerfest in june as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hollercrawlers.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Evarts, Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky   Evarts, Kentucky EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:13 am

Evarts is by far the best destination in the area of KY, TN, VA. Only place that can match it would be some areas in WV IMO. Maybe when I get back to the states in about 10 months we can plan a big ride down there. I know the president of the Ridgerunners.........awesome dude. People are friendly and the riding is awesome!!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Evarts, Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky   Evarts, Kentucky EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:40 pm

Yep! Let us know when you get home and we will be there! It's only about 3hrs for me so we can scoot down there just about anytime. Wink
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Evarts, Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky   Evarts, Kentucky EmptyFri May 23, 2008 10:27 am

I talk to the president of the club on a regular basis. He is prior service Army (Airborne too) and he is really great. He stays very busy with lobbying and trying to get things better for all the atv community. They are setting the example IMO of how a club should be. Their biggest goal is acquiring more lands, and keeping the present arrangement for land use in place. I always joke with him that I wish I was retired so I could go work for the cause. Right now I am too busy working for another worthwhile cause LOL. Preston Mclain is his name, and his screen name is Da Bellman. Give those guys props....they know how to show a good time......awesome trails, great night comraderie by the ole firepit. I wish I lived a little closer, cause I would be a guide down there every weekend. I am looking at getting down there the first four-day weekend I get after returning from deployment. Clayboy, u better believe I will get in touch with you when I get home. Maybe looking at getting back in mid January (keeping my fingers crossed) so I am figuring on a cold weather ride hopefully in February.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Evarts, Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky   Evarts, Kentucky EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:27 am

Airborn , just let me know when you want to ride and I'll be there. I cant think of a better way to welcome home one our nations finest than a good weekend at Evarts. No problem riding in winter time cause you dont need much ice in the cooler!
Yes, Preston does a great job as pres of the Ridge Runners and they are setting a great example of how a club should be. I'll be down there for the Summer Stampied in a few weeks, so I'll have to get you a bunch of pix.
Tell all those Afghanistany people we said hey! See ya on the trails soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Evarts, Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky   Evarts, Kentucky Empty

Back to top Go down

Evarts, Kentucky
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: