SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joyner Commando???

Go down 
+4
rcmass
rhinomikey
Admin
highnoonhunter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
highnoonhunter

highnoonhunter

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 1:01 am

Hey guys,

You know I've thrown around nearly every possible utv as a potential future ride for my wife and I.

Well, I've found another for the mix. A dealership not far from me in Kentucky sells the Joyner utv's. They seem the most friendly and helpful of all the dealerships I've contacted. And that goes a long way with me!

The one I like most is the 650 Commando. It has a twin cylinder Isuzu engine in it. They're also manual tranny's with automotive style tranny's, 4 speed with a granny low 1st gear. I kinda like the thoughts of that, with all I've heard about the belts on the other utvs.
I've searched the net for comments or a forum and can't find nothing bad nor good about them, except the Joyner sand buggies, and most of that info sounded good.

Has anyone here had experience with them, or saw the Joyners out on the trail?

Thanks!

hnh
Back to top Go down
http://ww.narrowwayoutdoors.freeforums.org
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 1:18 am

Ive looked at them up close. They are built really good I think.

Im telling you though. REALLY look at the teryx and the prowler.

These are my thoughts..my .02..Ive rode in all of them.

RHINO..been around the longest. Most upgrades. Most backing when you got a ? about something. I love mine 4/5

RANGER..they are tough and are a good work horse and trail rider..4/5

PROWLER..built great. more room..alittle wider though if you ride tight trails 4/5

TERYX...built good but bad belt issues. lots of power..5/5

RZR..if you just want it to ride and not work its good...fast..but very tippy 4/5

I dont know alot about the commando's so i cant say alot..sorry

If i was buying again..it would be a teryx
Back to top Go down
highnoonhunter

highnoonhunter

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 1:42 am

Thanks Wheelin

I like the Teryx too. I like em' all really! I guess I've always been kinda "do or die" when it comes to buying stuff. I always want something different than the norm!

It's got me in trouble a few times too.

I guess that's what attracts me to the Commando, the fact that it's different. That, and the fact that I can get a new '08 model out the door for $7500, which has more extras than the big guys offer standard. And I have talked to a couple past owners of Joyners that say they're bullet proof and well built. But they wanted something with an auto tranny so they traded.

I'll probably change my mind a 100 times before I actually buy something. Just wanting to get the lowdown on all of them.

hnh
Back to top Go down
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:07 am

I have a rhino and before that I had an 05 kodiak quad. The kodiak was the first ATV I ever owned with the belt driven system and no gears to change. I must say I really like NOT having to change gears!

That would probably hold me back from buying one of the Joyner rides, I have looked at them on the internet a few times and I like what I see but I just think changing gears all the time would get old quick especially since I am used to not doing that any more...
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 8:51 am

depends on the riding - I would love a true 5 speed (at times...)

the only thing that I dislike about the joyners is the dealer support (or lack there of) WHEN a problem occurs (not if)...

They are letting every tom dick and harry who wants to sell Joyners sell them - I used to sell heavy equipment - and onf my old customers (logging) wanted a joyner - so he is now a dealer... does he intend to service issues, my guess is not really....

Highnoon - since you are a hunter - and Im guessing going to use this for hunting as well as rec rding.... I suggest a RHINO or TERYX.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:56 am

How about a link where we can all see what you are talking about? Never heard of Joyners.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 10:06 am

check the other sxs threads.
Back to top Go down
highnoonhunter

highnoonhunter

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:12 am

Thanks guys!

The link to their site: www.teamjoynerusa.com

Yea, I'm hung up on gear changing too. I like changing gears, "with a clutch" like the Joyner has. I don't care much for the clutchless ATV's with a shifter. But after having several CVT tranny atv's, I'm spoiled too!

rcmass- one good thing about this dealer is they have parts "in-stock", as well as accessories. Their whole staff rides and owns the Joyners too. If it wasn't for that fact, we wouldn't even be talking about these!

On the other hand, my local honda dealer has terrible service and I won't even stop there any more. My local can-am dealer is great and friendly before the sale, but after selling my dad one of the can-am 800 2-up atv's a year ago, my dad is still reading his 12,000 dollar speedo/odo in kilometers, and it greets him as :Mr. smith, instead of Mr. Ratliff. Dad mistrusts them so much he started servicing his can-am himself, and said to heck with the first few "free" services they allowed him.
That dealer also owns the local Polaris dealership, and they act like they could care less if they sale you anything........................

I could go on and on about the local dealers here, but it's fruitless.

The area I live is real bad for this type of service where it concerns any type motor vehicle. I'm just making a point that the big names (in my area) aren't always the best bet!

hnh
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 2:12 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
How about a link where we can all see what you are talking about? Never heard of Joyners.

LT, there are links to many other sidexsides in the "Other SidexSides Forum" in the UTV types section. Joyner is one of them.
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:10 pm

I thought about getting a Joyner,its a sexy machine with all the bells and whistles !! I'm glad I bought the rhino instead though.There are tons more parts for it and dealers everywhere.If you have a dealer close cool !!
I'm not saying don't get one.I am saying be informed,ask questions, BUY A WARRANTY ,if possible and see if they will give a demo to you for a weekend or at least a good hard ride to see if it can take your style of riding.
One thing I would like to know is,How many miles are they good for? i know Yamaha can go for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:29 pm

Looks pretty decent to me, Would I buy one?? no. no support around here, so that pretty much rules it out. No after-Market stuff either,we all know we say, "I'll leave it stock" never happens. I want some goodies!!! My next sxs?? RZR-S :D
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:07 am

Where is the link to that off brand look a like Rhino? Any body have it. If I didnt already have a Rhino I would consider the look alike. The Rhino is tough, or it has been to date for me. For my style of riding, WAO, its makes sense. If your style is more......slow going, the price difference would be huge especially with the "stock" mods they put on that thing. Seems like I remember someone adding up the stock upgrades that come with that machine, compared with the Rhino, would be around $2500.00 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Joyner Commando??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joyner Commando???   Joyner Commando??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Joyner Commando???
Page 1 of 1