SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Did You Pick Your Username?

Go down 
+22
cajuncoot
Foxfire
Raccer
Reeko
brownboy
kscfire
jhoncho4x4
BluDevil
Goose
Gimpy
Big-R
Hollon
DOG
ChrisC
crs
bush
2Slow4U
Baditude
seweljj
Woodtick
8ball_99
DirtDawber
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

How Did You Pick Your Username? Empty
PostSubject: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:45 am

I was never called Dirt Dawber in my life, I just thought it fitting for use with an offroad group.  Also, I did not want to go with the usual spellings of it, like, Dirt Dobber or Dirt Dauber, just to be different.  But I do still like what Big Bubba always called me, Dut Dubber. Laughing
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:30 am

Mine is simple.. I use to pretty much live in a pool Haul, even met my wife in one. Back about 14 years ago I was setting up an account online. I needed a user name. One of my buddies was standing there and told me not to use my real name, use a nick name. I said well everyone calls me william or will thats it.. He said well you play pool all the time why not 8ball.. Been using it ever since.. 8ball is pretty common and is almost always already taken on forums, email providers ect.. So I added the 99, Which back in the day when all everyone had was pagers it was common to put your initials after the number you were calling from so people knew it was you. 99 stands for WW my initials.. Not all that interesting, but there is a reason behind it.
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:55 am

Before I had some health issues come up, I used to damn near live in the woods and on the waters hunting and fishing. So when someone said I lived like a "WoodTick" well, it stuck. And the rest is as they say, History!
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:26 am

mine is a boring subset of my last name (Sewell) with my first and middle name initials. It is actually the email screen name given to me by the University when I went to college. As you can tell, I am a creature of habit and don't like change, so I have kept all these years.
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:46 am

When I was younger I was told I had a "Bad Attitude" you know the cocky if they can't take a joke f them attitude type.

So I needed a screen name years ago and it just clicked Baditude and viola.

Now that I am older, much more laid back, much less stress. However, I too am a creature of habit and just stuck with it.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:46 pm

I started here using my first name, last initial. But, after getting tired of all the slams on the Rhino and other "pig-feeders", and especially my affordable, reliable Rhino 450, I asked Ronnie to change it... as a play on words for some of the "need-for-speed" guys...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Last name is Bush and that's what I was called all through school. It use to be Bush-rhino when I first started on forums but lost the rhino when I got a rzr
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Half the time i can't remember my passwords or where i wrote them down. Just picked it while filling out entrance form for here. Kinda self explanatory.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Mine is my Name ChrisC = Chris Cole
Not a great deal of thought went into it....... lol! 
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Some of my friends think I am a good guy but sometimes only think of myself especially when it comes to people asking where we want to eat. So  you can always count on the DOG to speak up and let people know what I want to eat or where I want to go. So they just started calling me dog and after I got rid of the rhino could no longer use rhinorider259 so there you go.

Last edited by DOG on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:52 pm

I just used my last name because what people usually call me doesn't really single me out in this crowd. Ya only got one Hollon!! But plenty "assholes" so I stuck with Hollon!! roflmao 
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:34 pm

2Slow4U wrote:
I started here using my first name, last initial.  But, after getting tired of all the slams on the Rhino and other "pig-feeders", and especially my affordable, reliable Rhino 450, I asked Ronnie to change it... as a play on words for some of the "need-for-speed" guys...
There is way more to this story! thatsright  roflmao  and it is funny!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:42 pm

As most of you all know I am not a big guy at all. I have a good friend of mine that is about the same height as me but is 180lbs of pure mussel. He has called me Big-R for most of the time I have know him. I always found it funny. Some when I signed up on my first message board I used the name.

You know what is really funny. Most all of are user names are some type of nick name. Or it is a short name for something else. However, we find it necessary to shorten it even more. Like my buddies calling me RRRRRrrrrr, or me call Anthony Deeeeeee, Jimbo pate or Marty (Catmostfeard) CAT. I could go on and on...... Laughing 
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Big-R wrote:
2Slow4U wrote:
I started here using my first name, last initial.  But, after getting tired of all the slams on the Rhino and other "pig-feeders", and especially my affordable, reliable Rhino 450, I asked Ronnie to change it... as a play on words for some of the "need-for-speed" guys...
There is way more to this story!  thatsright  roflmao  and it is funny!!!!!!  
Sumbuddy best be postin' up this story! STAT !!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Four hip replacement surgeries, on the right side, and still not right. Limp some so a friend called me GIMPY before I ever joined the club. Big R said it was fitting when I joined, so GIMPY it is.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:22 pm

Goose was my nickname in high school.
Back to top Go down
BluDevil
SSXSRider Member
BluDevil

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Been called "white devil" a couple of time's. (past girlfriend's parents:) And I bought a blue T4. so I came up with bluedevil. On another note my uncle's called me "john red corn" for some reason. Still don't know what that's about.
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:00 am

I use to build and off road Jeep J10 / J20 Honcho trucks 2 lifetimes ago. The first forum I ever joined was related to that. Been using it every since.
Back to top Go down
kscfire
SSXSRider Member
kscfire

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2013-02-17

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:37 am

I was a firefighter at the Kennedy Space Center, that is until they stopped flying the Space Shuttle. I ended up finding work in Oak Ridge, TN as a Fire Capt. I've always used the same screen name so I kept it even though I changed departments.
Back to top Go down
brownboy
SSXSRider Member
brownboy

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-06-26

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 1:51 pm

because im brown lol! 
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:30 pm

I am thinking of changing mine to Honey Badger or something like that
Back to top Go down
brownboy
SSXSRider Member
brownboy

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-06-26

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Baditude wrote:
I am thinking of  changing mine to Honey Badger or something like that
Yap that's sound good bud:thatsright: 
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Baditude wrote:
I am thinking of  changing mine to Honey Badger or something like that
You are not that mean..... lol! 
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 6:25 pm

I wasn't comfortable being known as asshole so I just stuck with my name.....Hollon
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:50 pm

I've had a mix of screen names over the years on all the Crawler forums I frequent but found that I couldn't remember individual log ins (before the days of Tapatalk) so about 4 years ago I switched most of the logins to Reeko. Growing up a lot of my friends called me Reeko as opposed to Eric. Kind of boring but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Pick Your Username?   How Did You Pick Your Username? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Did You Pick Your Username?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next