SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To lift or not to lift

Go down 
+6
ohsresq
DirtDawber
njcraddock
8ball_99
Big-R
Raccer
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Raccer
SSXSRider Member
Raccer

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2013-08-24

To lift or not to lift Empty
PostSubject: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 10:00 pm

I am trying to decide if I should ad a lift to the RZR or not. It is a 2013 800S LE with the Fox Podium shocks. I have added a cage so with the extra weight I have lost some of my ride height. I know I can crank the shocks up some to gain it back but with the loss of ride quality. So was looking at a 2" lift and was wondering how it will affect the CV's in the axles plus the stability. So should I go with one or not and if so which brand should I go with.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 10:46 pm

All I can say is smoothride....... Get a lift with out a lift kit. However, it cost more then 200 bucks.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Like Big R said. With proper springs and the right valving you really don't need a lift on a S.. All the lifts do is stand the shocks up more which does push the machine up. Your pretty much just increasing the preload and stiffing the valving. Thats ok but standing the shocks up also reduces the amount of travel... Your better off with better springs and different valving so you don't loose any wheel travel..
Back to top Go down
Raccer
SSXSRider Member
Raccer

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 10:59 pm

Sounds like I need to work a few days of overtime.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:22 pm

A set of progressive or dual rate springs will do a lot by their self.. Then if your still not happen you can get the shocks worked on.. Springs are around 450ish
Back to top Go down
Raccer
SSXSRider Member
Raccer

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:51 am

Ok thanks for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:55 am

The UTVinc King progressive springs make a huge difference on the S. Watch on the big forum and they will post discount codes from time to time.

The dual rate springs from Racer Tech are also a good option. I hesitate to ever order anything from them again though. I spent 8 weeks waiting on a set of springs before without ever receiving them. I'd call every week and get told they would be sent soon, but there was always some excuse. I think they have straightened out their act now, but that deal just left a sour taste in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 10:06 am

Do not lift, simply ride with us stock Rhino guys. thatsright 
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:59 pm

I ordered the heavy dual rate springs from Racertech, and received them in a week. They had some blemishes in the powder coat but I repainted them to match my RZR's color scheme so didn't care about the blemishes. They made a noticeable difference in the ride with a 1/2" of preload.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
Raccer
SSXSRider Member
Raccer

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:45 pm

ohsresq wrote:
I ordered the heavy dual rate springs from Racertech, and received them in a week. They had some blemishes in the powder coat but I repainted them to match my RZR's color scheme so didn't care about the blemishes. They made a noticeable difference in the ride with a 1/2" of preload.
Did you gain any ride height with them?
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:05 pm

i put a 2 inch racertech lift on my old rzr and i liked it very well.
Back to top Go down
T.napier93

T.napier93

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-10-16

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:15 pm

I got the UTV inc progressive springs on my 900 and love them. I regained all the ground clearance I had lost from my old springs sagging plus some. These have not dropped on bit and the ride is so much better.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Not cheap but smoothride is the man.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 5:32 am

Ditto 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To lift or not to lift   To lift or not to lift Empty

Back to top Go down

To lift or not to lift
Page 1 of 1