Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do these handheld radios use same frequency

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:32 pm

... as the ones you guys run? If so, this appears to be a bargain (price is for Cool for those of us who only ride with you occasionally...

Cobra CX210 20 Mile 22 Channel GMRS/FRS Walkie Talkie 2-Way Radios w/ Vox (8 Pack)

http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_48715/Cobra-CX210-20-Mile-22-Channel-GMRS-FRS-Walkie-Talkie-2-Way-Radios-w-Vox-8-Pack-.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
BluDevil
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:04 pm

same
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Yep, I have not found a FRS/GMRS handheld that was not compatible. Just remember to set the privacy code to zero on the handheld. The rest of the frequencies / channels are the same #'s; example - channel 7 on a handheld is channel 7 on the custom units.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 pm

They will not pick up real good in the hills/mountains we ride, but do all right at camp. Most hand helds are hard to hear when you are rolling in your side x side. If you want one that will pick up for miles in the hills/mountains, get a mounted one from Hutch. His are boosted to about 50 watts. Most hand helds are about 5 watts. I have talked to our split up groups that are an hours ride or more away.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:44 pm

I just stumbled across those, and 8 of them for $100 seemed like a good deal. I recognize the Cobra brand name from the old CB days, so I'd expect OK quality. I could use some of these (2-4)
around the farm, but don't need 8. Yet, the price is intriguing...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:00 pm

I use my hand helds around our property too. The are great for MUDHOE to use and talk to me when I am backing the toyhauler in tough spots instead of hand signals that never make any sense.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
reevesr
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:16 am

Gimpy wrote:
I use my hand helds around our property too.  The are great for MUDHOE to use and talk to me when I am backing the toyhauler in tough spots instead of hand signals that never make any sense.
10-4 on the handheld for backing and 10-4 on hand signals from a femal that maks sense
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:44 pm

reevesr wrote:
Gimpy wrote:
I use my hand helds around our property too.  The are great for MUDHOE to use and talk to me when I am backing the toyhauler in tough spots instead of hand signals that never make any sense.
10-4 on the handheld for backing and 10-4 on hand signals from a femal that maks sense
roflmao  roflmao  roflmao  roflmao  thatsright 

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
RangeRover
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:42 pm

For the trails, stick to the radio and not the handheld!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do these handheld radios use same frequency    

Back to top Go down

Do these handheld radios use same frequency
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1