SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Installed TCP radiator-shroud today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Installed TCP radiator-shroud today Empty
PostSubject: Installed TCP radiator-shroud today   Installed TCP radiator-shroud today EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Sweet is all I can say. The temprature-drop when the fan comes on is amazing!!! Highly recommend allright

It is HELL to install tho. Be prepared for scratched arms,few choice words, and digging bolts out of the skid-plate. I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Installed TCP radiator-shroud today   Installed TCP radiator-shroud today EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:09 pm

cant wait for pics i want a shroud wat are the gen. picing on shrouds?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Installed TCP radiator-shroud today   Installed TCP radiator-shroud today EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 pm

shawnley1222 wrote:
cant wait for pics i want a shroud wat are the gen. picing on shrouds?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180267613517&ssPageName=
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Installed TCP radiator-shroud today   Installed TCP radiator-shroud today EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:56 pm

How hard of an install was it? My fan runs all the time..........will this really help that much? I wonder if this one will fit the 700 Rhino?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Installed TCP radiator-shroud today   Installed TCP radiator-shroud today EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 7:01 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
How hard of an install was it? My fan runs all the time..........will this really help that much? I wonder if this one will fit the 700 Rhino?

LT it stopped my fan run time by about 50%, no kidding. I'm not sure about it fitting the 700 call Ron @ TCP 208-360-2728 or Garth @ 208-351-7877 for fitment. Or you probably can E-mail them @ www.tcpperformance.com

The install............whew getting to the lower bolts was hell. I took off the drivers-side top-shock bolt and the drivers-side radiator hose to get it in there. On a 07 that was the only way, even if you completely removed the radiator it wo'nt go back in with shroud and fan bolted up.
I am impressed with this piece tho. It reduces the fan run-time by pulling air through the whole core not just a little circle the diameter of the fan-blades. It cools off to fan-turn-off temp way faster thus reducing run-time.
Jimbo
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Installed TCP radiator-shroud today   Installed TCP radiator-shroud today EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 7:29 pm

Airborne LT wrote:

LT, you already have a shroud on the 700.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Installed TCP radiator-shroud today   Installed TCP radiator-shroud today EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 10:02 pm

Thanks Yank. I sent them a message on ebay and the guy asked me......."Didn't yours come with a shround?" I had to sit and think about it. Since the thing is so new to me I could not remember. All I remember was that fan runs all the time and it is kinda irritating. Oh well, I would rather hear the fan than lock my motor up. I think I am going to carry a garnen sprayer in the back and when we stop, just spray the radiator occasionally. Maybe that will help.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Installed TCP radiator-shroud today   Installed TCP radiator-shroud today EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:01 am

Yea, we noticed that at Windrock. The 700's do run alot and are pretty loud.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Installed TCP radiator-shroud today   Installed TCP radiator-shroud today EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:37 am

With the new fan working like it was suppose to. on sunday. mine did not seem to run
that long. there loud. but putting out some air..... allright
i did not have any heat problems.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Installed TCP radiator-shroud today   Installed TCP radiator-shroud today EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:48 am

the shroud helped me a ton too - and its well worth the $60 or so....

the tcp guys are pretty cool - and if you email em - they may have a blem with scratches.... who cares though it aint seen and they will give you about $20 off or so.... worthy of an email....

I did not go through ebay - I emailed them direct and they sent a paypal invoice - and it was here 3 days later....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installed TCP radiator-shroud today   Installed TCP radiator-shroud today Empty

Back to top Go down

Installed TCP radiator-shroud today
Page 1 of 1