SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How may miles should I get?

Go down 
+4
rcmass
AIRBORNE
Admin
RZRSguy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RZRSguy

RZRSguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-29

How may miles should I get? Empty
PostSubject: How may miles should I get?   How may miles should I get? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:41 am

i HAVE A 2007 660 RHINO SE. If properly maintained how many miles should I get on my Rhino?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: How may miles should I get?   How may miles should I get? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:57 am

ive got 1800 on mine..faster than ever
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: How may miles should I get?   How may miles should I get? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 3:51 am

Properly maintained there is no reason you could not get 3-5k miles on your engine. There are guys with 5-7k miles on their King Quads with no engine problems. The key is to keep the oil changed, make sure engine never gets too hot, and keep your air filter clean as a whistle. If you ever get water in it, change the oil immediately. I know guys with Honda engines too that have never done a rebuild on those old 300 Hondas that they bought in the late eighties or early nineties.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How may miles should I get?   How may miles should I get? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:29 am

depends on how fast and hard you ride as well...

hours and miles are independent from one another - but also dependent....

if you work alot around the house or farm and dont travel far - you will have high hours and low miles...

however, if oyu ride fast trails alot - you will have lower hours and bigger miles...

tough question - but airborne threw some very good GENERAL numbers...
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: How may miles should I get?   How may miles should I get? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 10:01 am

If properly cared for and maintained, you could get 20,000 miles out of your engine. I have a friend with a 1998 Honda foreman that has 18,000 miles on it and the valves have never needed adjustment. Still runs great.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: How may miles should I get?   How may miles should I get? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 10:10 am

Airborne LT wrote:
Properly maintained there is no reason you could not get 3-5k miles on your engine.

LT,

WTF I hope I do a lot better then that. I have 800 miles on mine right now and it is six months old. Rhino
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: How may miles should I get?   How may miles should I get? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 11:04 am

Well I hope so too. I am just saying you should expect to at least get that if you take care of the motor. I am shooting for 10k ..........all next year. Think we can do it?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: How may miles should I get?   How may miles should I get? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 11:53 am

20,000 miles +. It all depends on how you ride and how well you take care of it.

Inside of motors do not like oil, water, or extremely high temps.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: How may miles should I get?   How may miles should I get? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:08 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Well I hope so too. I am just saying you should expect to at least get that if you take care of the motor. I am shooting for 10k ..........all next year. Think we can do it?

woo hoo drive Chug drive woo hoo Rhino HatWave RZR Yahoo Drunk2
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: How may miles should I get?   How may miles should I get? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 7:36 pm

I have 2120 and still running strong.
Back to top Go down
RZRSguy

RZRSguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: How may miles should I get?   How may miles should I get? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 8:55 pm

Thanks for all the responses. I have heard some guys swear buy buying a new when when they wear there tires out. I don't abuse it and always do regular oil changes. I just wonder how many miles I should get on everything else. It is frusating having breakl downs but it is a lot cheaper to fix them than to always be trading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How may miles should I get?   How may miles should I get? Empty

Back to top Go down

How may miles should I get?
Page 1 of 1