SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    Empty
PostSubject: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 9:22 am

does anyone know if the prop shafts on newer model rzrs will fit my
2009 rzr 800?.,
on mine you have to buy the complete prop to get the rear slip yoke, on
a 2011 you can buy the front yoke and rear slip yoke seperate.

They have different part numbers,so it's hard to tell unless someone
has actually changed them.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:29 am

I know the joints are the same as later models and would think the length is the same. There is a co. making a heavy duty shaft that is balanced too over on the RZR forum but I forget the name.
Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2013-12-11

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:36 pm

Also, they use the same pinion shaft. The newer pinion shaft part number replaces the older part number of the 08 and 09 which means they are the same specs. So the only thing in question is the length. The stars are in line with everything else. My 08 needs one too! If someone with a 11 or later model could measure their rear slip yoke, I think thats all we will need to know if will work or not.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Here is the co. That I mentioned;

http://www.hawkengineering.com/
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:39 pm

samiam wrote:
I know the joints are the same as later models and would think the length is the same. There is a co. making a heavy duty shaft that is balanced too over on the RZR forum but I forget the name.

I was at the polaris dealer this morning, He was looking up different year models and
the u-joints were the same part# but the prop was different. also the 2011 complete
shaft was $229.00 and the 2009 complete was $339.00 ???

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:47 pm

RickyBobby wrote:
Also, they use the same pinion shaft. The newer pinion shaft part number replaces the older part number of the 08 and 09 which means they are the same specs. So the only thing in question is the length. The stars are in line with everything else. My 08 needs one too! If someone with a 11 or later model could measure their rear slip yoke, I think thats all we will need to know if will work or not.

From a little checking the front yoke seems to be the same, I wondered if the rear slip yoke
on the 2011 has the same splines as the 2009. IF so I would just get the 2011 rear slip yoke
you can buy it for $89.00 then get the front yoke thats available for 2009
Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:38 pm

RZRS-EDGE wrote:
RickyBobby wrote:

From a little checking the front yoke seems to be the same, I wondered if the rear slip yoke
on the 2011 has the same splines as the 2009. IF so I would just get the 2011 rear slip yoke

That is what I was saying, if you look up the part number for both the 09 and 11 rear output pinion shaft, they are the same number so the rear splines would be the same...

I would really like to know what is different. Only thing I can think of is length.   Either the prop shaft is longer and the slip joint is shorter on one model and on the other a shorter prop shaft but longer slip joint...or everything is the same but crazy for different numbers and price--Something has to give somewhere.
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 8:23 pm

RickyBobby wrote:
RZRS-EDGE wrote:
RickyBobby wrote:

That is what I was saying, if you look up the part number for both the 09 and 11 rear output pinion shaft, they are the same number so the rear splines would be the same...

I would really like to know what is different. Only thing I can think of is length.   Either the prop shaft is longer and the slip joint is shorter on one model and on the other a shorter prop shaft but longer slip joint...or everything is the same but crazy for different numbers and price--Something has to give somewhere.

the yoke on mine seems to be cast steel.....you reckon they made the new one's out of
hardened steel and gave it a new #  scratch 
Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:00 am

That would make since because a lot of people have complained about how that sloppy slip yoke wears and I'm sure Polaris knew of it, so maybe they did just that and made it stronger to fix the problem.

Also, being that so many has inquired about replacing just that slip yoke, it seems crazy that no one seems to know if the 11 yoke will work on the older models.

Anyway, Babbits online has them for $77.01. Think I might just take the gamble just to find out.
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 6:55 pm

RickyBobby wrote:
That would make since because a lot of people have complained about how that sloppy slip yoke wears and I'm sure Polaris knew of it, so maybe they did just that and made it stronger to fix the problem.

Also, being that so many has inquired about replacing just that slip yoke, it seems crazy that no one seems to know if the 11 yoke will work on the older models.

Anyway, Babbits online has them for $77.01. Think I might just take the gamble just to find out.

If you do get it and it won't fit, somebody will buy it for thier 11.......like you say, it seems
someone would have already tried it..

As fast as you zip around that mountain, looks like you would have worn out 2 or 3
by now  drive 
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 12:28 pm

RickyBobby wrote:

RICKYBOBBY, did you ever get a slip yoke?.......I ordered the 2011 slip yoke & front yoke, it
will be a while before I can try it on though.
Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 1:05 pm

RZRS-EDGE wrote:
RickyBobby wrote:

RICKYBOBBY, did you ever get a slip yoke?.......I ordered the 2011 slip yoke & front yoke,  it

Not yet, but my driveshaft is knocking bad after saturdays ride. Will be ordering one this week sometime. I hope the 11's will work.
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:42 pm

RZRS-EDGE wrote:
RickyBobby wrote:

RICKYBOBBY, did you ever get a slip yoke?.......I ordered the 2011 slip yoke & front yoke,  it

I ordered the rear slip yoke from the 2011 and it does not work with the 2008 model prop shaft. It is the same length and fits the splines but requires a bigger u joint.. The u joints are NOT the same on the rear..  No  . I guess it will serve as a paper weight until someone needs one and can use it..
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 4:43 pm

jerrzr wrote:
RZRS-EDGE wrote:
RickyBobby wrote:

I ordered the rear slip yoke from the 2011 and it does not work with the 2008 model prop shaft. It is the same length and fits the splines but requires a bigger u joint.. The u joints are NOT the same on the rear..  No  . I guess it will serve as a paper weight until someone needs one and can use it..

I've got one sitting in the box waiting on me, but I thought they were the same u-joint as my 2009....... if it does'nt work when I get time to try it I'll get the machine shop to make
it work since I've already bought it
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:27 pm

RZRS-EDGE wrote:
jerrzr wrote:
RZRS-EDGE wrote:
RickyBobby wrote:

I've got one sitting in the box waiting on me, but I thought they were the same u-joint as my 2009....... if it does'nt work when I get time to try it I'll get the machine shop to make
it work since I've already bought it

Also, I slipped the new one on the splines to check it out and it had as much play as the old one, I then noticed the old one had twi O rings in it. The new one had one groove for one O ring but no O ring with it. I'm starting to think its just the O rings wore out. Anyway you might want to make sure you have the o ting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS    INTERCHANGABLE RZR  PROP SHAFTS    Empty

Back to top Go down

INTERCHANGABLE RZR PROP SHAFTS
Page 1 of 1