SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest mod I hope to never need.

Go down 
+7
Gimpy
njcraddock
ridepate
Goose
Big-R
ohsresq
MIKE_D
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Latest mod I hope to never need. Empty
PostSubject: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 6:09 pm

We ride alone most of the time.  I try to plan for everything but one can never do that.  Here is the latest addition to the T4.  Like the title states, I hope I never need it.  Insurance? Valuable.  Being able to help someone else...  Priceless.

Latest mod I hope to never need. Img_0115
Latest mod I hope to never need. Img_0114
Latest mod I hope to never need. Img_0113
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Very nice...  cool 
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:20 pm

That could been really handy if you were along.....  allright 
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:49 pm

allright 
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Sweet!!!
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:33 am

Those Hi-Lifts are nice but doggone they are heavy. I wonder if anyone has adapted one of those old bumper jacks for cars to work the same way.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:36 am

njcraddock wrote:
Those Hi-Lifts are nice but doggone they are heavy. I wonder if anyone has adapted one of those old bumper jacks for cars to work the same way.

This is a 36" version, only weighs a little over 20 lbs.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 10:04 am

It's a heck of a jack. Do you think having it mounted up high like that is going to change your center of gravity? We all know about your propensity for showing off your skid plate.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 10:15 am

njcraddock wrote:
It's a heck of a jack. Do you think having it mounted up high like that is going to change your center of gravity? We all know about your propensity for showing off your skid plate.

Thought about that too...  No other option really unless I mounted it inside or on the front bumper. I might look at the front again, would help with traction. Gotta get the neoprene cover.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:23 pm

Where it's mounted will be easy to get too, When you show off your skids. thatsright 
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:42 pm

I've got a big high lift and have been trying to decide wether to put it on the front bumper. But the weight. I figured I could do about anything with my winch and a couple of snatch blocks. Knock on wood.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:10 pm

You need to mount that underneath to try to help you keep the roof side up.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 4:04 am

Gimpy wrote:
You need to mount that underneath to try to help you keep the roof side up.

roflmao

Relocated to front bumper.  nutkick 
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:15 am

Those things are beef. Word of advice since it looks new is keep some grease on the pins and springs and even better keep that portion wrapped up with saran wrap or something to keep the mud out and rust from forming. More importantly practice using it (safely). They can be very dangerous. Mine sent me to the ER several years ago as it got away from me while jacking my Jeep back down. Also had the handle drop down one time on my head. That didn't feel good. From that point on I quickly sold both of my Hi-Lifts and went to an extended bottle jack and ratchet straps to keep the axle from drooping while jacking.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:52 am

Picked up one of these and mounted it on front bumper.

Latest mod I hope to never need. Highli10

Latest mod I hope to never need. Jack_c10
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:56 am

That will work.  That was one of the biggest problems with mine even though it was mounted up high out of the mud was rust and jamming of the pins.  Seemed like I needed a hammer and screwdriver most everytime I used it after the pins and springs started to get nasty.

Not the best picture but this is all I can find of it on FB.  I had it mounted on my rear bumper since my front bumper takes a lot of abuse from rocks.

Latest mod I hope to never need. 199120_10150115081371817_6683565_n
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:37 am

very dangerous to use. and not very stable. not may safe places to put the jack that is strong enough to jack a side x side up. very handy on farm equipment. back in the days of growing tobacco we use one to make the bales. may times i got hit by it and that  poo  hurts
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Bill B
SSXSRider Member
Bill B

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:18 am

I agree with Bush those things can be dangerous I still have scars from the tobacco baling days. I have convinced myself a winch a few straps and snatch blocks will get the job done.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:06 pm

I have had mine mounted in the same location for some time with no issues. Even rolled it a few times and the only damage was it bent the corner of the foot plate. The neoprene cover works great for keeping the everything clean and working correctly. Like above, be careful when using it as they as very dangerous and unstable. We have had to use it severals times and it has saved our butts. It comes in very handy when there is no tree around to use a winch  thatsright 

Latest mod I hope to never need. DSC00039
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 9:54 am

RZR_Joe wrote:
I have had mine mounted in the same location for some time with no issues. Even rolled it a few times and the only damage was it bent the corner of the foot plate. The neoprene cover works great for keeping the everything clean and working correctly. Like above, be careful when using it as they as very dangerous and unstable. We have had to use it severals times and it has saved our butts. It comes in very handy when there is no tree around to use a winch  thatsright 

Latest mod I hope to never need. DSC00039

Joe, how do you turn something that is 7 feet wide over?????? You all need to ride with us more this year buddy. Pam still talks about how much your BOSS/Better half smiles all the time.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:25 pm

Gimpy wrote:
Joe, how do you turn something that is 7 feet wide over??????  You all need to ride with us more this year buddy.  Pam still talks about how much your BOSS/Better half smiles all the time.

Actually it was two back flips with a two & half twist  affraid   Minor miscalculation on a steep ledge at Uhwarrie. It was Marks fault Rolling Eyes 

We miss riding with everyone, it's been over a year since we've been riding. My boss loved hanging out with your boss roflmao My business has been crazy the last year and my mom passed a few months ago. However, we are ready to ride again and I think we are going to try to make the April ride. Aslo - we are looking for a RZR4 if anyone has a lead on a good used one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest mod I hope to never need.   Latest mod I hope to never need. Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest mod I hope to never need.
Page 1 of 1