SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time to add another machine - suggestions

Go down 
+8
RedNeckRanger
BluDevil
STR8RZR
8ball_99
girdlerrzr
RangeRover
navestoy
RZR_Joe
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Time to add another machine - suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Well it's time we got back to riding and we need to add another ride. Looking for a 4 seat machine for the wifey. Her preference is a RZR4 XP900/XP1000; however I not opposed to a 4 seat Wildcats.

Thoughts / suggestions on either needed>>>
Back to top Go down
navestoy

navestoy

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 pm

I have a 2 seat Wildcat and love it. I got it after selling my '08 Rzr with a +5 kit on it with aftermarket shocks. There is no comparison between the machines. My belief is the Wildcat is hands down better than the xp9 having drove and rode in many xp9's. I have no experience with the xp1k but they seem to be having their growing pains as all brands do. Arctic Cat has now released the 4x limited that comes with factory Elka's, beadlocks, doors, roof, ITP Blackwaters, and 90+ horses
Back to top Go down
RangeRover
SSXSRider Member
RangeRover

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:36 pm

and if I remember right, it corners better then my '12 Wildcat....
Back to top Go down
navestoy

navestoy

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 12:01 am

That's true RangeRover and it has dual piston front calipers
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 12:16 am

I heard can am makes a nice 4 seat maverick thatsright 
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 10:17 am

I was impressed with Darrell's Wildcat at Windrock last year so that's why I'm considering one. Canned Hams are defo out of the question - too many issues with them.

Looking for some pros and cons of RZR4 vs Wildcat 4 rather than "mine is better". What is it you like/dislike and why.

RZR 4: Proven, parts / aftermarket available, already know RZRs inside/out

Wildcat 4: Dealers / parts are not as available.......I have no experience with them...????
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 11:51 am

Now keep in mind this is coming from a guy who has a rzr 900 4 seater. I honestly think the rzr 1ks and the wild cat 4 seaters are just to long.. I guess maybe if they take off in a year or two the trails might open up even more so they will fit better. At the same time though even if the turns get wider and the trails do that won't help on the high centering. We really like our 4 seater, But I couldn't imagine trying to drive something much longer on a lot of the trails we ride on. I really do think its about at the limit to be able to go anywhere the 2 seaters can. You already pretty much have to have bumpers and tree kickers on the 900 4 seater.

You never know I could be wrong. I've never seen a wild cat four or and RZR 1k four on the trails. I have seen a wild cat in person but all it did was hang out in the campground parking lot all weekend. Never seen it hit the trails.. Even cruising around the campground it looked like a freaking bus. If you can I'd really try to drive one on some trails. Or if you do see one out on some trails follow it around and see how it does.
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 2:25 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
I was impressed with Darrell's Wildcat at Windrock last year so that's why I'm considering one. Canned Hams are defo out of the question - too many issues with them.

Looking for some pros and cons of RZR4 vs Wildcat 4 rather than "mine is better". What is it you like/dislike and why.

RZR 4: Proven, parts / aftermarket available, already know RZRs inside/out

Wildcat 4: Dealers / parts are not as available.......I have no experience with them...????

what issues? Mines been nothing but reliable
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Rode with a wildcat 4 on 30" Roctanes and it had no problems what so ever. Went everywhere our xp4's on 28" Roctanes did. Sometimes the cat made it look a lot easier too. Good looking machine.
I've heard horror stories about the cat motors leaking oil, they may have that fixed. They def. need fenders on them. May be like every other manufacturer, just hope u get a good one and no problems will show up. Dealers seem to be few and far in between.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:54 pm

I just don't see how the longer machines can navigate the same trails. Atleast two of my doors are bent on my 900 4 seater from trying to make tight turns. That was before I made the tree kickers. They really were a Need not a want. Come to the top of a hill and have to make a sharp turn there just isn't any way around getting into a tree some times. I mean I can ride all day sometimes and not every have a problem. Then I get on a trail and have several spots that give you a little trouble. Also in rocks mine will high center in spots the 2 seaters don't. Full skid and some extra pressure on the skinny pedal gets you through it though. When I think of adding almost another foot of wheel base to mine it just seems like it would be tough to drive on some of the trails we like ride. I don't want a machine that I have to take the easy way around lol. Who knows everytime they make a bigger machine everyone says its to big to do this or that and people still find a way haha. Hell I hope they do work just as good. I don't plan on a 900cc engine be the biggest sxs I ever own and I don't see the buggies getting smaller when they come out with a 1200 Wink
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:05 pm

So the Wildcat and the XP4 1k are longer than a RZR4 XP900? Not a deal killer for me though, tight trails I avoid the plague anyway cause the 800 is wider than an XP. Tree kickers are a must on any ride. The longer wheel base is plus if you good ground clearance.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:30 pm

RZR 900 4 is 134 long. RZR 1000 4 is 146 long. Wild cat 4 is 157 long. To put those in perspective a RZR 800 is 103 long....  BTW I would not even consider a RZR 1000 4 till they get the problems worked out.. They are eating 200 dollar belts faster then you change the oil. Sure you can do a clutch kit to fix the problem. But its a little crazy to spend 24k on a new machine and have to stick an after market clutch on it day one to keep a belt on it..
Back to top Go down
BluDevil
SSXSRider Member
BluDevil

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Have you thought about the Teryx4? With a lift kit and some good tires you can go just about anywhere.
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 7:24 pm

if I was looking for a 4 seater ....I would look real close at the teryx
Back to top Go down
BluDevil
SSXSRider Member
BluDevil

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 7:45 pm

The aftermarket has been kinda slow on rolling out stuff for it, But it's starting to build speed.
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 11:26 pm

May be worth it to stick with xp4 that way u only hafta deal with one manufacturer and dealer. I'm sure u have extra parts that will prob bolt right on the xp4, switch what u want back and forth.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 1:44 am

if i was to buy today this would be what i would get.

Time to add another machine - suggestions Ranger10

will have to see what is out when i do decide to get a multi-seat sxs
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 6:09 am

After considering the choices, for what we do the XP4 is more suited to our needs. Plus like STR8RZR said, staying with one MFG keeps parts to a minimum. Going to look at a '13 Jagged X XP4 900 tomorrow

Time to add another machine - suggestions Attachment
It's already got a lot of the stuff I'd change. Still need a few goodies but it's a good start.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 11:29 am

Thats a good choice IMO Joe.. MSRP on the jagged was a little nuts when they came out. But for what you can pick one up for now they are a good deal. Even more so for a lightly used one with some goodies added. The only thing is keep in mind they were made as two seaters. The rear cage pillars are not ideal for passengers.. I think Mark mentioned he cut those tabs off in the back because of where they were located.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Talked to Mark and he had only good stuff to say about his. So if all is good it might be getting a new home shortly  thatsright 
Back to top Go down
RangeRover
SSXSRider Member
RangeRover

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 12:12 am

Nice!!!! Think that's a good choice!!!!
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Drove up and checked it out. Badass! Like new with ~300 miles and 30hrs. 14" ITP Beadlocks with 30" Roctanes. So it looks like we have a new ride in the stable  Smiles Happy wifey today, she's got a new ride and it's snowing (she loves snow).

Let the modding begin  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:21 pm

allright 
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:25 pm

good choice
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 3:12 am

Nice. Better upgrade them axles pretty quick, or pick up some spares. Ur Gona need them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to add another machine - suggestions   Time to add another machine - suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to add another machine - suggestions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next