SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions on Axles Please

Go down 
+6
8ball_99
bonzo
seweljj
jerrzr
RZR_Joe
samiam
10 posters
AuthorMessage
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Opinions on Axles Please Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Replaced the C clips but axle keeps popping out. The splines on the axle going into the front diff are pretty wore and thinking a new axle will fix the problem. These are original with 8000 miles on em and it's the first time they have been out. Lookin around and there are a lot of choices, so what's your preference please? Feedback 
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 9:12 pm

I've been using Rhino axles for years on the 800 through some rough stuff and never broke one. Been working for me and for $800 a set not bad price.
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:54 am

I like the Rhino Axles too. Some I think had problems with them early on from popping out the rear but ive never had that to happen on the rear. However, i did completly loose a front axle out on the trails and never knew it.. lol.. I have had several pinched cv boots on them which seems to be a common complaint with the rhinos but you see that mostly with big lifts I think. All in all I think they are a decent axle and a good buy.
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:12 pm

We have had great results out of cobras.
Back to top Go down
bonzo
SSXSRider Member
bonzo

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 7:07 pm

No complaints with my rhinos.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Seems a no brainer...the Rhino has it!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:00 pm

Hunter works sells some for 125 shipped that are suppose to be stronger then oems.. They look just like my moose axle I got at black mountain. So far it has held up great. I've got a front and rear from hunterworks I keep as spares.. I plan on changing all mine over to them as they break. On my 800s I tried LSRs with stock CVs, Gorillas, and Rhinos. I broke a couple LSR shafts and I wore out a couple of the Gorilla CVs. I replaced them with Rhinos but didn't really put enough miles on them to test them out. They seemed pretty good. Boots are a little stiff/cheap.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:56 pm

Back to top Go down
chadboehne
SSXSRider Member
chadboehne

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:56 am

These look really cool and are supposedly super tough, however, I don't know anyone that has tried them. http://www.voodooaxles.com/ I started a thread on the other forum and as of yet, no one has ponied up the cash for a set. You should go first!

Summers Brothers are nice but very pricey. http://www.summersbrothersracing.com/axles.htm

And Turners:
http://www.turnercycles.com/pricing-for-axles.html#.UwrsthD-pGM

Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:40 am

ridepate wrote:
www.sixity.com   About the same as Rhinos but better boots.

http://www.sixity.com/sixity-2010-polaris-800-ranger-rzr-s-4-4x4-front-left-driver-side-atv-axles-complete-cv-1.html

FWIW those look just like the moose brand ones and the ones from Hunterworks. Even the same color and same style boots. My guess is several companies selling the same axle under different brand names.
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:08 pm

http://www.sixity.com/atv-parts/axles.html?vehicle_model=14638

Are they only offered for the rear on the RZR 900XP?
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Hunterworks offers front ones.
These sure are a good price. Anybody ever had one fail?

http://www.hunterworks.com/polaris_xp_4_900_

Never mind.
http://www.hunterworks.com/atv_axle_info

Back to top Go down
d6nlpg
SSXSRider Member
d6nlpg

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:01 pm

I had Cobras in my 800 and never had any problem. I have them in the rear of my 900 and will have them in the front before long. My vote would be Cobras.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Axles Please   Opinions on Axles Please Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Axles Please
Page 1 of 1