SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?

Go down 
+3
jerrzr
RZR_Joe
Woodtick
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?   WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Rest easy Mrs. Black. You entertained our nation, especially the greatest generation of them all, for decades. We are sorry our president's priorities are so ass-backwards.... WE will remember you none-the-less...

WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? Download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f130543%5fAE5UimIAAAr2UxIT%2bgAAAAt4n54&pid=2
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?   WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 3:30 pm

I'm not prejudice - I hate everyone!  roflmao 
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?   WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:41 am

Human behavior and social structure is a curious thing. I define prejudice as a certain level of judging. I have never encountered anyone in my life that does not judge. We all have been taught to be prejudice our entire lives. Race, religion, politics, culture are the popular subjects but the list goes on and I can give you countless examples of what it means to be prejudice in areas that you may not even realize .

Here is some food for thought:

WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? Image-25
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?   WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 11:25 am

I can't believe I am doing this, but once again I have to agree with Jerry. It is human nature to make assumptions based on previous experiences with persons in different social groups. However, I think the term prejudice has attained a bad rap because of the way it's been used to define the relationships between blacks and whites in the 20th century. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with using your past experiences to guide you in making future decisions. It is how you TREAT others that defines you.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?   WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:17 pm

We are taught many life lessons and this is the only one that your previous experience is not a acceptable tool to use in making a judgment....you must be politically correct instead. And politicly correct today may not be acceptable tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?   WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:26 pm

TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE
Back to top Go down
DrMud
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?   WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 6:24 am

I am prejudice of people with better RZR driving skills than me..could add nicer RZR too. Just hacks me off and I usually say bad words.  thatsright 
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?   WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:57 pm

njcraddock wrote:
I can't believe I am doing this, but once again I have to agree with Jerry. It is human nature to make assumptions based on previous experiences with persons in different social groups. However, I think the term prejudice has attained a bad rap because of the way it's been used to define the relationships between blacks and whites in the 20th century. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with using your past experiences to guide you in making future decisions. It is how you TREAT others that defines you.

Im I really that bad that you hate to have to agree with me?   lol!  I would expect for someone like you (  that I am assuming was a Liberal Arts major as an undergraduate) would HAVE to agree with me sometimes.... because you have been taught to be a "well rounded individual"  lol .....

I Would really like to meet you sometime- I think we would hit it off great. Oh, and I do TREAT people better than I treat myself in a "real" physical setting, with "real" physical interaction.

I am just prejudice against the phoney pseudo culture of Social Media. I mean come on-- the first thing you usually see is a fictitious user name. So in a general sense, It kinda sickens me to see how cyber space is becoming the "new" social norm and how much faith people put into what they read..

I can tell you, that I have had my fun playing with it and anyone who really KNOWS me can read me like a book when Im online.
The problem for me has been when I actually get to meet the "real" person and tie then to a bogus handle it creates somewhat of a paradox for them and me.....This has been a good study for me but I have truly felt guilt from it and no longer wish to go down that road again.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?   WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 2:09 pm

[quote="jerrzr
I would expect for someone like you (  that I am assuming was a Liberal Arts major as an undergraduate) would HAVE to agree with me sometimes.... because you have been taught to be a "well rounded individual"  lol .....

Nothing could be further from the truth on that one. Life sciences all the way. Physiology, anatomy, biochemistry, inorganic and organic chemistry, biology, microbiology, physics, calculus, and a sprinkling of the dreaded liberal arts requirements, i.e., English, psychology, and sociology.

I Would really like to meet you sometime- I think we would hit it off great. Oh, and I do TREAT people better than I treat myself in a "real" physical setting, with "real" physical interaction.

Likewise, I look forward to it.

I am just prejudice against the phoney pseudo culture of Social Media. I mean come on-- the first thing you usually see is a fictitious user name. So in a general sense, It kinda sickens me to see how cyber space is becoming the "new" social norm and how much faith people put into what they read..

The world is cyclical in nature. Human nature is too. We will reach a point when society will once again need the personal face to face interactions, we are too social to go without it. Right now I think we are still on the downward slope though.

I can tell you, that I have had my fun playing with it and anyone who really KNOWS me can read me like a book when Im online.
The problem for me has been when I actually get to meet the "real" person and tie then to a bogus handle it creates somewhat of a paradox for them and me.....This has been a good study for me but I have truly felt guilt from it and no longer wish to go down that road again.

That's good to hear.
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?   WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Well, I can only speak for the University of Tennessee. The life sciences and pre med curriculum are all under what is called the College of Liberal Arts..where you could get a BA or BS as an undergrad but you were still considered a Liberal Arts major . I picked up several BS's in the life sciences from there. The curriculm was set up so that you had to take a lot of history and culture courses and of course certain electives that you could choose from. I Actually picked up 4 of them. A BS in Chemistry, Biology and Biochemistry and then went on to do clincals at UT hospital and picked up BS in med technology. It was all pretty easy to do because of so much course overlap...and right before I was accepted into med school.. I fell in love and got married and started a new life.. Education halted at that point...

I can tell you that the hardest course I ever had was physical chemistry! My first exam question in that hard ass class consisted of having to work a triple integral.I made a C in that class and cried for a week! Oh, that was when I was in chemical engineering but I decided I didn't want to follow in my brothers foot steps.

But all that has been over twenty years ago.

So yeah! I am with you - Life Sciences all the way! I don't regret a thing. Life has been GOOD to me but I think mostly it is because I married an angel.  I think I about have her talked into riding rzrs with me again but she says with a new one it will be on her terms. lol! 

cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?   WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ? Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITON OF PREJUDICE ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Other BS-
Jump to: