SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Front diff rebuild questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Front diff rebuild questions Empty
PostSubject: Front diff rebuild questions   Front diff rebuild questions EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Just rebuilt the front diff and tried to get it to engage by hooking power to it, but it would not turn the axle hubs when the front shaft is turned. Am I missing something here, shouldn't this work? I don't want to put it back before I know it is right.  Feedback 
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Front diff rebuild questions   Front diff rebuild questions EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Check to make sure the armature plate is absolutely flat. If it's slightest warped it will not engage.
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Front diff rebuild questions   Front diff rebuild questions EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Also, check for any grind marks on armature plate or you could have problems even with a new coil. Also if the coil is not flush all the way around,too far in or too far out it of the cover it may not operate right.

But yeah, magnetizing the coil with 12 volts should pull the armature plate back against the coil and  put enough drag to causes the rollers to cam up and engage the hubs when spinning the pinion. I would first double check you are getting power there at the connector and the ohms of the coil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front diff rebuild questions   Front diff rebuild questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Front diff rebuild questions
Page 1 of 1