SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR 800 owners lift your motor!

Go down 
+3
edge22
bush
jerrzr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

RZR 800 owners lift your motor! Empty
PostSubject: RZR 800 owners lift your motor!   RZR 800 owners lift your motor! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 3:30 am

Just been tooling around on the 800 and finding things that I had planned on doing but never did. I wished I had lifted my motor for more clearance a long time ago; the tranny case is rubbed thin now due to having contact with the skid. Check out how it has ate into the skid plate.
RZR 800 owners lift your motor! Image-40

Can't believe I have been so lucky not to have taken a hard hit there. My aluminum skid has protected well over the years:

RZR 800 owners lift your motor! Image-41

but with the close proximity of the tranny and skid (regardless of UHMW or aluminum) it's just a desaster waitng to happen so all of you 800 owners should lift your motors up some to help minimize the potential harm to your tranny.

It's very easy to do.

Cut 1/4" x 1.5" flat bar to length.

RZR 800 owners lift your motor! Image-43

Take some clear tape and put over the motor mount and mark holes with a sharpie. Transpose tape on to your cut piece of flat bar and drill out the holes. Paint with some black BBQ high heat and flame to dry. Put it in under the mount and your done. Or you can just buy the lift plates from Holtz but heck, I just like tinkering
RZR 800 owners lift your motor! Image-42
RZR 800 owners lift your motor! Image-44
RZR 800 owners lift your motor! Image-46
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: RZR 800 owners lift your motor!   RZR 800 owners lift your motor! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:41 pm

my skids looked the same when i took them off a week ago but it does not look like any damage to the case. just wore the skid down. my skids have been on three different rzrs but i never seen the wore spot before.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
edge22

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-10-02

PostSubject: Re: RZR 800 owners lift your motor!   RZR 800 owners lift your motor! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 9:44 pm

Not a bad idea Jerry. Stacy needed that modd when he busted the bottom of his motor.
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: RZR 800 owners lift your motor!   RZR 800 owners lift your motor! EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:22 am

RZR 800 owners lift your motor! Image-48

The aluminum skid is definitely softer than the cast aluminum of the tranny case but you can tell it has taken its toll on it. Just the fact that it is in solid contact with the skid means BOOM If it  so happens to take a lick there. So for goodness sakes LIFT THOSE 800 MOTORS!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: RZR 800 owners lift your motor!   RZR 800 owners lift your motor! EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Good idea. I know mine is smashed against my case.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: RZR 800 owners lift your motor!   RZR 800 owners lift your motor! EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:01 pm

How ironic. I just got done doing this. I noticed I had marks from my tranny on my UHM skids from it flexing and hitting. So I bought the Skid-Max engine guard kit from Thunder Hawk. It included the spacers to raise the motor. It really stiffened up the skid under the motor and tranny.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: RZR 800 owners lift your motor!   RZR 800 owners lift your motor! EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 9:10 am

Anybody installed the Holtz motor mounts and if so how much more vibration do you have?
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: RZR 800 owners lift your motor!   RZR 800 owners lift your motor! EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:55 am

I put the Holz mounts on my 800 and it Vibrates a LOT more. Dont ask me why but it seems to shift better. The factory mounts last a few hundred miles these have been on for 2000 miles or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR 800 owners lift your motor!   RZR 800 owners lift your motor! Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR 800 owners lift your motor!
Page 1 of 1