SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High clerance A arms?

Go down 
+6
RedNeckRanger
mking
tracker1
Big-R
navestoy
edge22
10 posters
AuthorMessage
edge22

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-10-02

High clerance A arms? Empty
PostSubject: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 9:04 pm

What brand high clerance a arms do most of you guys like and use?
I have a set of Highlifter on my XP1000 and bent one bad this weekend, its touching the axle. And being honest I was not beating on the machine and have no idea how it happen. The only rough trail I rode was trail 15 at windrock and honestly just crawled up it. I am sure it happen their but I usually know when I hit something hard enough to do that kind of damage. So with that said I am not happy with them at all.
Back to top Go down
navestoy

navestoy

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 9:16 pm

I dont have a Polaris but it seems like S3 makes some really nice a-arms
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 9:47 pm

I have back woods armor. They have held up well.
Back to top Go down
tracker1
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Putting ORB on mine look well made an priced right
Back to top Go down
mking
SSXSRider Member
mking

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 4:16 pm

I put ORB on my 1000 and love them so far
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 6:25 pm

nopics 
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 7:22 pm

ORB High Clearance +2" front arms:

High clerance A arms? IMG_20140325_215548_585_zpse9c7d266

ORB High Clearance radius rods:
High clerance A arms? IMG_20140325_215212_936_zpsf564f894

ORB High Clearance Trailing arms:
High clerance A arms? IMG_20140325_215146_067_zps322a2b34
Back to top Go down
edge22

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 8:56 pm

High clerance A arms? Img_0211
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber
SSXSRider Member
aweisgarber

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 9:44 pm

edge22 wrote:
High clerance A arms? Img_0211
I saw a new SuperATV A-arm bent like that one a couple weeks ago.They need another brace in the center.
Back to top Go down
edge22

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 9:50 pm

I agree, or 1/4 plate instead of the 1/8 that is their.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 10:40 pm

They need to use .120" wall tube with decent bracing and that would not happen. Check out ORB if you want something heavy duty that will take a beating and has a lifetime guarantee not to break.
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 7:31 am

I didn't see you hit anything at top of 15... Maybe it was the extreme off camber to the left of 15 that put too much stress on that A-arm. If so that's just jacked up.!
Back to top Go down
edge22

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 8:32 am

I think they do make them out of .120 wall. It for sure came in contact with a rock because the paint is scratched off. I am going to see what higlifter does and if we cant work something out I am going to try the ORB ones.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 8:08 pm

Zbroz rear and backwoods armor front. All of these have been beat on bad. The front and rear have no powder on the bottom.....

High clerance A arms? Trails10

High clerance A arms? Trails13

High clerance A arms? Trails14

High clerance A arms? Trails15
Back to top Go down
edge22

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 8:14 pm

Ordering the ORB now. I have the highlifter rear radius bars on my 1000 and they seem good had them on my 900. But I dont think I will be buying any more of their stuff after the reply I got from them today.
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:00 am

edge22 wrote:
Ordering the ORB now. I have the highlifter rear radius bars on my 1000 and they seem good had them on my 900. But I dont think I will be buying any more of their stuff after the reply I got from them today.

Their reply is the most redicilous thing I have ever heard from a company that's in the offroad buisness make. Shame on highlifter!

I can understand that any product can be damaged and how it is reasonable for any company to take the position of sorry but you hit a rock and that's not our fault. But for them to pretty much admit that their product is not designed for the weight of the machine if it takes a lick from a rock is ridiculous ! They need to stop making those inferior popcorn chit front A-arms and put duarabilty back in their work principles when making their products.

Bullshit 
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:51 am

Back woods Armor.. Tried a true. Guys keep posting questions about this and that brand. Plenty of guys in the club have had Zbroz trailing arms and raduis rods along with backwood armor acrched A-arms. I've yet to hear someone complain about them. Nothing wrong with trying something different. Just don't be surprised if it doesn't work out lol. I mean mark Pulled his Ball joints APART and ripped the mounts out of the frame. We then broke a hammer on the a-arm trying to get the ball joint out.. His A-arm was still good to go other then some scratches... Me, Big R, Marty, Mark. I mean shesh if we don't break them.....
High clerance A arms? File_zps8c4014df
High clerance A arms? IMG_1117
High clerance A arms? IMG_1115
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High clerance A arms?   High clerance A arms? Empty

Back to top Go down

High clerance A arms?
Page 1 of 1