SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fly by wire XP junk

Go down 
+13
edge22
RedNeckRanger
ridepate
Big-R
S
girdlerrzr
Reeko
Goose
STR8RZR
jerrzr
RZR_Joe
njcraddock
samiam
17 posters
AuthorMessage
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Fly by wire XP junk Empty
PostSubject: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 1:36 pm

How can anybody like electronic fly by wire gas pedal. Rode a friends junkie XP and can not believe how much smoother my 800 is and how much more control you have. Junk pure XP junk!
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 3:04 pm

It's the wave of the future Sam. In time I'm sure there will be some tweaks to the CPU algorithms to make them a little more responsive and all will be good. Throttle cables will meet the same fate as carburetors. Could also be that there's a bit of a learning curve on getting used to a throttle by wire system. If you put 8000 miles on an 800 and jump into a 1000 I think it's unrealistic to expect them to respond the same.

Or you could just be fishing in which case I took the bait.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Junkie XPs?  scratch 
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:13 pm

The truth is that ALL Polaris's are junk! But as long as we spend the $ on them, they will continue to make and sell them.

Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:37 pm

jerrzr wrote:
The truth is that ALL Polaris's are junk! But as long as we spend the $ on them, they will continue to make and sell them.  

Ditto 
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Talked to a guy today that is considering buying a rzr and asked my opinion. I said great machine if you like to wrench on things
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:39 pm

STR8RZR wrote:
jerrzr wrote:

Ditto 

I'd have to agree as well.
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:46 pm

you guys should have bought a can am thatsright ownedsm NoPoo 
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 8:20 pm

girdlerrzr wrote:
you guys should have bought a can am thatsright ownedsm NoPoo 

roflmao shutup
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Well, at lest the XP will not freeze during the Winter....... Just saying  Smiles 
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Yeah I'm waiting on Yamahas next announcement. These cheap-ass bushings, ball-joints, TR-ends and bearings, I'm done with. But I will defend the FBW tho. It takes a little seat-time to get used to, but after a while the weirdness goes away. I'd much rather have it than a cable.
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:49 pm

you must really be board ...bitching about that...damn...are you female ???????? thatsright thatsright thatsright 
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:24 pm

uplaugh roflmao roflmao roflmao 
Back to top Go down
edge22

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:46 pm

I honestly cant tell its fly by wire on mine and I am pretty sensitive to performance things. I will tell you the suspension sucks for high speed connering compaired to my 900. So now I got to drop more coin to make it handle the way it should.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:46 pm

You could always save your money and just buy a boat...I hear they are cheap fun.
Back to top Go down
Hiteckredneckxp
SSXSRider Member
Hiteckredneckxp

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 7:20 am

I've had TBW HD's since 09 & would never go back! Have you ever broken a throttle cable at 10:00pm at Clingmons Dome & have to push a 800lb bike you'd be glad you had one less item to break! It's
just more technology coming to offroad & you have no throttle lag instant power but it can be a bit touchy to get use to!
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 10:26 pm

Eat 
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 am

Almost all automobiles are this way now....like was said cables are meeting the same fate as carberators.....just wait...brakes are next
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:57 am

Sam just wishes he had the problem of getting use to the electronic throttle wire issues, he is just trying to convince himself that his 2010 8000 plus miles 800 rzr is just a better machine roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao 
Back to top Go down
Hiteckredneckxp
SSXSRider Member
Hiteckredneckxp

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 12:07 pm

hillbillyrzrs wrote:
Sam just wishes he had the problem of getting use to the electronic throttle wire issues, he is just trying to convince himself that his 2010 8000 plus miles 800 rzr is just a better machine roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao 

Fly by wire XP junk 13435 Fly by wire XP junk 13435 Fly by wire XP junk 13435 
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 5:48 pm

XP JUNK!!!! Don't even get me started on the junkie suspension!!!!  My Smoothride shocks are 1000 X better
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:55 pm

samiam wrote:
XP JUNK!!!! Don't even get me started on the junkie suspension!!!!  My Smoothride shocks are 1000 X better

I promise you that my 900XP "smoothride" shocks ride better then you could ever imagine.....  trust me 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fly by wire XP junk   Fly by wire XP junk Empty

Back to top Go down

Fly by wire XP junk
Page 1 of 1