Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!


 
GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Half Moon Campground

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-04-26
Age : 48
Location : Clemson, SC

PostSubject: Half Moon Campground   Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:57 am

It looks like there is a new campground at Windrock. It's on Half Moon Rd off of Hwy 330. The place has a very limited website but they do show a picture of a small cabin. Have any of you local guys seen or heard of it? They say that they offer direct access to the trails, I'm assuming that it ties in to trail 16 where the old trail met up with Half Moon Rd before the gravel highways were built, just before the creek crossings close to the waterfall. If this place is decent I'd be up for trying it out, just so I can support the little guy. Anyone got any more info on this place that they can share?

_________________

2013 Jagged X  Laughing
2013 RZR XP900 (Gone) Sad  
2011 RZR S Black Carbon Fiber (Adios) Sad 
2006 Rhino (Sold)
Southern SxS Rider Member #191
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

avatar

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08
Age : 48
Location : Harriman, TN

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:23 am

Don't know much about that campground but seems like new campgrounds pop up all the time at Windrock. People seem to think that Windrock is the only campground and bitch about how they where treated and vow to never ride windrock again. There are lots of options on where you can stay or camp to ride the trails. Here is another campground that I didn't know about that has direct trail acces that you may want to check out.
http://www.rockhollowcampground.com/

But idk, I never camp there . I just trailor 15 minutes from the house..
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-04-26
Age : 48
Location : Clemson, SC

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:16 pm

Thanks Jerry! Is Rock Hollow the place that is just past the intersection of 12 and 13? I cruised up there by mistake once and it looked pretty nice. Looks like they have built a cabin recently.

You're right, there are a ton of places to stay. Years ago we would camp at Windrock Campground, I've stayed at Indian Creek before as well as hotels in Oak Ridge. I also enjoy staying at Brenda's too.

Half of the fun for me when going on a ride is the camping. In the last year or so my kids have finally gotten old enough to go with me. So the places I look for are going to be low key and offer the kids a chance to play outside and enjoy the outdoors. It's the main reason why Trails End appeals to me so much. I can hardly wait to get started on my toy hauler project!

_________________

2013 Jagged X  Laughing
2013 RZR XP900 (Gone) Sad  
2011 RZR S Black Carbon Fiber (Adios) Sad 
2006 Rhino (Sold)
Southern SxS Rider Member #191
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2009-11-10
Age : 53
Location : Clinton,TN

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:35 pm

njcraddock wrote:
Thanks Jerry! Is Rock Hollow the place that is just past the intersection of 12 and 13? I cruised up there by mistake once and it looked pretty nice. Looks like they have built a cabin recently.

You're right, there are a ton of places to stay. Years ago we would camp at Windrock Campground, I've stayed at Indian Creek before as well as hotels in Oak Ridge. I also enjoy staying at Brenda's too.

Half of the fun for me when going on a ride is the camping. In the last year or so my kids have finally gotten old enough to go with me. So the places I look for are going to be low key and offer the kids a chance to play outside and enjoy the outdoors. It's the main reason why Trails End appeals to me so much. I can hardly wait to get started on my toy hauler project!
Rock Hollow is just past Indian Creek.The road that goes by Indian Creek dead ends into the Rock Hollow campground.Tim and Rick are the new owners and they've done a lot of work on it.
Back to top Go down
Halfmoon
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-05-08
Age : 62
Location : Oak Ridge,TN

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Sun May 18, 2014 10:14 am

njcraddock wrote:
It looks like there is a new campground at Windrock. It's on Half Moon Rd off of Hwy 330. The place has a very limited website but they do show a picture of a small cabin. Have any of you local guys seen or heard of it? They say that they offer direct access to the trails, I'm assuming that it ties in to trail 16 where the old trail met up with Half Moon Rd before the gravel highways were built, just before the creek crossings close to the waterfall. If this place is decent I'd be up for trying it out, just so I can support the little guy. Anyone got any more info on this place that they can share?

The rumors are true! We are now open. The website is very limited, but will be updated very soon. We offer 3 cabins for rent, 9 RV sites with 50/30/20a Electric & Water and primitive sites w/ bathhouse.
Trail access is 1/3 mile to T28 and 1/2 mile to T29/30. No trailering required!

Would love to have you stop by and check us out!

Half Moon Campground
423 Half Moon Rd
Oliver Springs, TN 37840

Ph: 865-435-2385
http://halfmooncampground.com/
email: halfmooncampground@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://Halfmooncampground.com
Halfmoon
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-05-08
Age : 62
Location : Oak Ridge,TN

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:15 pm

Bump.  We loved having a few of you stay with us. Tent didn't work out for Ronnie, maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
http://Halfmooncampground.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26
Age : 44
Location : Louisville,Ky

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Halfmoon wrote:
Bump.  We loved having a few of you stay with us. Tent didn't work out for Ronnie, maybe next time.

The only reason it did not work out was because of weather. The campground is a very nice place. I will be back and I will bring a few friends with me.

I love where you are located.

_________________
I Just Want To Go Fast

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-04-26
Age : 48
Location : Clemson, SC

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Man I wish it was possible to get up there more often. Brooks and I had a great stay. Bring your little ones and their fishing poles, Greg's ponds are loaded with hungry bream.

_________________

2013 Jagged X  Laughing
2013 RZR XP900 (Gone) Sad  
2011 RZR S Black Carbon Fiber (Adios) Sad 
2006 Rhino (Sold)
Southern SxS Rider Member #191
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2010-02-20
Age : 42
Location : Dalton Ga

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:19 pm

this is a great place to stay. went up there with a buddy of mine last weekend and stayed in cabin 1 loved the place everybody was so nice to us. only the cabins was full none of the campsites were rented but even if they were they are spread out enough not to bother anybody. Greg and Debbie are both real nice and helpful people and since it was not booked full were very understanding about check in and check out right now. Greg said they are riders theirselves and understand about wanting to ride on sunday for us so we just cleaned out our stuff from the cabin in case they needed to go ahead and clean it and were able to stay parked there until we left on sunday. So once again this is a definate place to check out espescially if you are taking the wife and kids. Thanks to Half Moon Campground and we will most likely be back in about a week or two if everything works out on our end to ride.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26
Age : 44
Location : Louisville,Ky

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:11 pm

It is a great place!

_________________
I Just Want To Go Fast

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
Halfmoon
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-05-08
Age : 62
Location : Oak Ridge,TN

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:17 am

Thanks for all the kind words guys, it's been great having you!
Back to top Go down
http://Halfmooncampground.com
yellow660

avatar

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-09-14
Location : Villa Rica, GA

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:33 pm

We will have a big group there Labor Day weekend coming up from West GA! Can't wait! Already have all 3 cabins booked along with some other sites.
Back to top Go down
Halfmoon
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-05-08
Age : 62
Location : Oak Ridge,TN

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:06 am

yellow660 wrote:
We will have a big group there Labor Day weekend coming up from West GA!  Can't wait!  Already have all 3 cabins booked along with some other sites.  
Thanks for coming up, welcome  we are looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
http://Halfmooncampground.com
bacon
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06
Age : 29
Location : Athens,TN

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:17 pm

We stayed at Halfmoon Saturday nite. We will definitely go back soon, really nice campground and owner was very nice. We would have stayed another nite had it not been for the storm as soon as we got there that soaked all of our stuff lol. Already got my parents and brother wanting to go too.
Back to top Go down
Halfmoon
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-05-08
Age : 62
Location : Oak Ridge,TN

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:49 pm

bacon wrote:
We stayed at Halfmoon Saturday nite. We will definitely go back soon, really nice campground and owner was very nice. We would have stayed another nite had it not been for the storm as soon as we got there that soaked all of our stuff lol. Already got my parents and brother wanting to go too.
Glad you came by Nick. To bad that storm got you so early, did you get to ride at all? Bring the whole family next time, we would love to have you!
Back to top Go down
http://Halfmooncampground.com
bacon
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06
Age : 29
Location : Athens,TN

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Halfmoon wrote:
bacon wrote:
We stayed at Halfmoon Saturday nite. We will definitely go back soon, really nice campground and owner was very nice. We would have stayed another nite had it not been for the storm as soon as we got there that soaked all of our stuff lol. Already got my parents and brother wanting to go too.
Glad you came by Nick. To bad that storm got you so early, did you get to ride at all? Bring the whole family next time, we would love to have you!

Yeah we rode about 30 miles that nite, figured it would be better than laying in the tent wet haha. We still had fun. When we left sunday morning we went to eat then went to windrock and rode for the day. Ill find out when they are gonna be off and we will book a cabin for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
yellow660

avatar

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-09-14
Location : Villa Rica, GA

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:30 pm

We had a great time as well. Was there from Thurs-Mon and lived through one heck of a storm. My canopy was destroyed and the wind put the tent on the ground. Had to sleep in the truck Sat night due to everything I own being wet. All in all it was a great time despite the weather and looking forward to coming back.
Back to top Go down
yellow660

avatar

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-09-14
Location : Villa Rica, GA

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:08 pm

[img][/img]


Last edited by yellow660 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 6404
Registration date : 2009-04-23
Age : 57
Location : 1st join date- 1/22/2008- North Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:08 am

Awesome place, awesome people!

_________________
Went back in time....07 Rhino 660....
2016 Polaris General???? Or 2016 Pioneer 1000-3EPS??
2014 Kawasaki Teryx T2 SOLD
2013 Ranger XP-900 aka "Big-Green Tractor" SOLD
2010 Ranger XP-800 aka "Whitey" SOLD
2009 RZR-S SOLD
2007 Rhino 686 SOLD
2007 Rhino 450 SOLD
Blue-Cooler/White-Top member
SSXSR Member # 6
PIG FEEDER NATION
Back to top Go down
GCFD112

avatar

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2011-11-02
Age : 30
Location : Calhoun,GA

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Is this campground where windrock campground used to be?
Back to top Go down
Halfmoon
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-05-08
Age : 62
Location : Oak Ridge,TN

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:09 pm

GCFD112 wrote:
Is this campground where windrock campground used to be?

Nope  423 Halfmoon Rd 37840.
Back to top Go down
http://Halfmooncampground.com
GCFD112

avatar

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2011-11-02
Age : 30
Location : Calhoun,GA

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Ok. May have to check it out next time.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-04-26
Age : 48
Location : Clemson, SC

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:55 pm

No, Halfmoon is much nicer than the old Windrock campground ever aspired to be. You really owe it to yourself to check the place out if you haven't been there before.

_________________

2013 Jagged X  Laughing
2013 RZR XP900 (Gone) Sad  
2011 RZR S Black Carbon Fiber (Adios) Sad 
2006 Rhino (Sold)
Southern SxS Rider Member #191
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03
Location : CHATTANOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:01 pm

We stayed here for the jam this past week.LOVE IT .......... We will be back ......GREAT PLACE ..GREAT PEOPLE !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Half Moon Campground   

Back to top Go down
 
Half Moon Campground
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Half Moon Campground
» Halfmoon Campground @ Windrock
» Do We Really Need The Moon? BBC2 1/2/11 9pm
» Custom Prowler Half Doors (Link to ArcticChat)
» Moon Lighting

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: Southern Riding and Trail info :: Alabama and Tennessee-
Jump to: