SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

J-Strong doors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

J-Strong doors Empty
PostSubject: J-Strong doors   J-Strong doors EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 10:50 pm

Anyone running the J-Strong doors? In your opinion, do you think they are worth it? Are they that much better than the factory doors?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

J-Strong doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-Strong doors   J-Strong doors EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 12:34 am

I don't have any but have seen them on a few rhinos and they are much nicer with more coverage than the fatcory "doors". I have wanted to get a set myself but just never could pull the trigger on them. They are still only made of plastic but I like them. Sorry I can't be more help than that maybe someone else who has them will chime in.
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

J-Strong doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-Strong doors   J-Strong doors EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 12:41 am

I haven't had the factory doors so I can't compare ..... I do have the J-Strong doors!!!!

Pros: They are high enough to use as a arm rest. They help to keep mud and water off because they are higher. I think they help to keep you in the seat a little better.

Cons: You have to open them everytime you want in or out. I have seen some throw a leg over the factory doors to get in and out. If you high center on a rock hard enough they can come open. Cost!!!!!

On ours, from a roll on the passenger side, that door does not operate like it should. It appears to be pushed toward the back, causing the edge of the door to contact the latch hardware. I have unbolted the cage trying to adjust the hinge side. Since that did not work .... I took a file to the edge of the door where it meets the latch hardware. It has helped but still is a hassle for the passenger to open and close while seated.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

J-Strong doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-Strong doors   J-Strong doors EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 2:01 am

Well the reason I was asking is there is a dealer that is selling them for 350 instead of the 499. I just wondered if they were worth it. I like the factory doors okay, but my little one will be riding shotgun some and I thought they might would be better for her.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

J-Strong doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-Strong doors   J-Strong doors EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 4:28 am

LT , she will be strapped in good. she ant going no
where..... :D

Seems the $350 could be well spent else where... Wink
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

J-Strong doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-Strong doors   J-Strong doors EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 7:29 am

I had the trail armor doors....

bought blems for 1/2 the cost from trail armor. I couldnt notice the blem either (small scratch inside)

SOLID piece - great mechanism. but like Wingman said - hard hit they COULD pop open - and with the sezat lowering bases I had, they pushed the seats out 1/2 inch - made the mech even tougher - had to slam it.... but a great door.... and a simple install....

always worth a phone call to the manuf and tell tehm you are considering purchasing from a dealer and want to know their thoghts and see if they have any blems or deals.... most of the time they do - that is how I got 1/2 of my rhino add ons.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

J-Strong doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-Strong doors   J-Strong doors EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 11:51 pm

Any full doors Vs. the Yamaha doors, to me anyway, are worth the cost. With the Yamaha doors I could see an errant stick poking me in the gut and shisch-k-bobbing me to the seat, or my 3-year old. No thanks. Any full doors are worth the cost.The J-strong stuff seems a little over-priced to me for some plastic, but what is'nt in this Rhino game??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

J-Strong doors Empty
PostSubject: Re: J-Strong doors   J-Strong doors Empty

Back to top Go down

J-Strong doors
Page 1 of 1