SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with radio. AM/FM

Go down 
+2
Wingman
Goose
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Help with radio. AM/FM Empty
PostSubject: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:06 am

Help I have a J strong top with a Jensen marine radio in it with 4 speakers. The radio will turn on but no sound even at full volume. It did work before I added lights so I thought I had screwed something up I took it apart today I was checking two of the speakers and there is continuity between the end clips and the radio and like I said the radio has power. Don't understand. Can ya give me some suggestions. I do have it tuned to an active station. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:08 pm

Is there a mute button?? And you are sure nothing was disconnected while you were working on the lights (ie: antenna plug or speaker connector)??
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:18 pm

I have pulled the switch box out and now the radio looking for pulled plugs I found non. I even check the continuity of all four sets of speaker wires. They seem in tact. The antenna is plugged in. Mute is off. Mode is set to FM. On a station that I am listening to in my shop so I should get reception. The radio is getting 12.85 volts.
Back to top Go down
Hiteckredneckxp
SSXSRider Member
Hiteckredneckxp

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:42 pm

have you tried other stations? My stereo in my toy hauler decided 107.7 was no longer needed & it won't do a thing on that station but pick up everything else!
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:52 pm

Yes I tried other stations. But I haven't tried a CD. That will be next I think.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 10:19 pm

So, you added lights and the radio quit working?
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:42 am

Big-R wrote:
So, you added lights and the radio quit working?
It appears so. That is what I'm trying to figure out. I ran the light wires through the roof so I could use the switch cluster and I thought that a wire may have been damaged. I'll see today when I put a CD in it. I have not found a wire problem so far. .???
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 11:57 am

Well I appreciate the input. I put the speakers back in this morning and the radio still didn't work so I put a DOORS CD in and it worked. Those guys are great and they fix radios too lol! I took the CD out and the radio worked. I really think it was the operator. One good thing I know more about the radio now than before.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Goose wrote:
Well I appreciate the input. I put the speakers back in this morning and the radio still didn't work so I put a DOORS CD in and it worked. Those guys are great and they fix radios too lol! I took the CD out and the radio worked. I really think it was the operator. One good thing I know more about the radio now than before.

beat 
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 10:59 pm

deadhorse 
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 11:28 pm

Hard to teach an old dog new tricks ain't it goose.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 7:20 am

Dumb di dumb dumb!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with radio. AM/FM   Help with radio. AM/FM Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with radio. AM/FM
Page 1 of 1