SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The old Windrock campground is back open

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2009-09-10

The old Windrock campground is back open Empty
PostSubject: The old Windrock campground is back open   The old Windrock campground is back open EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:57 am

The old Windrock campground on Hoskins Gap Road that closed a few years ago is now open again. The new name is Sportsmans Campground. The people that owned and operated it lost it back to the bank. The people that run it now, Liza and Marvin Disney are good people. The have really cleaned up the place and improved the bath house. You can call them at 865-435-6009 for rates and availability. They may even be open to long term parking for those that don't want to pull back and forth all the time. I talked to them about the reasons that the previous owners ran their business into the ground, being WAY too strict and they seemed to understand and want their business to thrive. Now that doesn't mean you can run wild there, it just means that you are not going to get treated like someone in a prison camp. Everyone needs to respect their neighbors but still be able to have fun. So if you are looking for a place give them a call or stop by and see them.

I think he said $20/night tent, $35/night 30 amp, $40/night 50 amp, $75/night 12x10 bunkhouse, $100/night 12x12 bunkhouse.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The old Windrock campground is back open   The old Windrock campground is back open EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Very cool. I tell you what I am looking for in a camp ground. I place away from the campground where people can talk loudly and have fun with out disturbing the rest of the group....
Back to top Go down
Hiteckredneckxp
SSXSRider Member
Hiteckredneckxp

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: The old Windrock campground is back open   The old Windrock campground is back open EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 8:14 am

Where exactly is this located? Im familiar with the area but I didn't know of another campground.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: The old Windrock campground is back open   The old Windrock campground is back open EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:31 am

take the road at the trailhead that turns down beside the shop where they keep the trail maintenance equipment follow it straight for a mile or so and its on the left. If you cross the small bridge you went past it.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The old Windrock campground is back open   The old Windrock campground is back open Empty

Back to top Go down

The old Windrock campground is back open
Page 1 of 1