SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+20
crs
BigAlCash
stealth
Hiteckredneckxp
BluDevil
DOG
jwhill
Baditude
Hollon
bacon
Goose
blu-knight
bush
Gimpy
RZRS-EDGE
njcraddock
Big-R
stoneman
ohsresq
RZR_Joe
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 5:46 pm

2010 - F150 Lariat XLT crew cab:
70k miles the passenger manifold cracked - $1700 to replace it - figured it was a fluke. Around a 130k it developed an exhaust leak on the drivers side but I have ignored it because it's not bad. On the way back from TE Sunday it developed a serious whine coming from the rear end. I figured the ring & pinion was shot. So dropped it off at the dealer today. They called me late this afternoon and the ring & pinon is gone - $2100  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They must be crazy to think a ring & pinion job is worth $2100. Driver side manifold is cracked $900   WTF!!!!!!!!!! It has a 142K miles, HTH does a ring & pinion go out with that low miles? Obviously the first manifold was not a fluke but rather a piss poor design that Ford knows about and refuses to fix!

Now I'm a Ford man and have been all my life but this has me rethinking Ford. In my mind Ford is the only American auto maker left after the bailouts but damn.......WTF are they thinking. I am going to fix this crap and then start looking for a new truck.

Last edited by RZR_Joe on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 6:40 pm

I feel your pain Joe. I was a die hard ford guy but ditched my f-350 after only 35,000 mi do to know design flaws that ford wouldn't take care of since I was out of warranty by 6 months. The radiator going out was the last straw and I went to a RAM. so far so good.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
stoneman
SSXSRider Member
stoneman

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Call Nate at Ncb deisel in Raleigh might have better deal
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 7:24 pm

6.0 and 6.4 were bad years for Ford.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Yeah, I had a tranny go out in my 08 f 150 sc with 40k miles and ford wouldn't do squat even though the last three trucks I owned were bought at ford dealers. They told me that it was because I had them serviced elsewhere. If I had let ford dealers do all the routine oil changes and stuff they would have done some adjustments on the out of warranty repairs. I was pissed too. So when I decided to trade both my trucks for a new one I shopped and test drove all three but still ended up getting another ford because it was just a better truck. You Chevy and dodge guys can try to convince me all you want, and I won't argue that all three have very good diesels, but Ford just makes better diesel trucks. If I were to get another 1/2 ton it would be a Toyota.
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:39 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
2010 - F150 Lariat XLT crew cab:
70k miles the passenger manifold cracked - $1700 to replace it - figured it was a fluke. Around a 130k it developed an exhaust leak on the drivers side but I have ignored it because it's not bad. On the way back from TE Sunday it developed a serious whine coming from the rear end. I figured the ring & pinion was shot. So dropped it off at the dealer today. They called me late this afternoon and the ring & pinon is gone - $2100  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They must be crazy to think a ring & pinion job is worth $2100. Driver side manifold is cracked $900   WTF!!!!!!!!!! It has a 142K miles, HTH does a ring & pinion go out with that low miles? Obviously the first manifold was not a fluke but rather a piss poor design that Ford knows about and refuses to fix!

Now I'm a Ford man and have been all my life but this has me rethinking Ford. In my mind Ford is the only American auto maker left after the bailouts but damn.......WTF are they thinking. I am going to fix this crap and then start looking for a new truck.

I've got that right side manifold cracked also....after Moab trip its got worse....but
if its another manufacturer theres problems there also!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! 2qd8rbb
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 11:45 pm

hell they all junk anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 6:39 am

Sorry to hear it Joe. I hope my 2014 dont give me problems like that. I guess time will tell. I guess i need to start driving it more. It is 5 months old with only 3100 miles on it..... LOL
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 6:51 am

I agree with Bush!
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 7:24 am

Ive never had luck with Ford either. If you would be interested in trading into another 1500 series truck just go test drive a new ram with the hemi. In 09 the changed somethings on the engine and it was a big improvement. More HP and better MPG. Ive had a 2012 single cab and wife wanted more room so ive got a 2014 4dr now and have no complaints with either of them.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 9:22 am

I started out my adult game in the Chevy camp....bought my very first brand new vehicle....85 Chevy 4x4 3/4 ton....so proud.....5 transmissions, 3 motors, 1 transfer case...later I sold my pride and joy...company bought me a new truck...a damn Ford diesel.....I hated it....all 173,000 I tried my best to break it...never could.....next truck....well....I still drive a Ford truck.....they all have issues but anything that can stand my driving for that long is tough.....I did come back to GM and bought a Cadillac CTS-V....that was a fast ass POS....transmission issues from day one....rear end made of glass..interior fell apart....but it was damn fast!!....brother switched to Dodge and keeps trying to switch me....he has a full time mechanic...I dont....I drive 50,000 miles a year and live in my truck....2013 has 55k on it already and I'll head out coast to coast wide open until some cop tells me I can't do that!!....Ford has a home in my driveway until something tougher comes out.
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 11:08 am

So far I love my 2013 F 150 with Ecoboost even though the twin turbos sound like weedwackers lol
I bought the extended warranty to 72K miles
Back to top Go down
jwhill
SSXSRider Member
jwhill

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 6:38 pm

I was a die hard ford man untill 1996 when I bout a dodge 1500, not a bad truck put 130k on it and got a 2000 chevy crew dually 454, to tow my bigger trailer, what a pos. I then had a 2005 f350 6.0..........I think that's been covered by anyone who has owned the pos. I now have a 2007 dodge 2500 6.7 with 175000, fully deleted and love it. I also bought a 2006 srt8 300, best car I ever owned,  sold it to my buddy with 179000 and it's still running great.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:01 pm

More appropriate would have been the dealer pissed me off. Not really big issues but the price the dealer wanted to fix it was crazy. Took it to another dealer today, $1100 to fix the diff.....much more realistic. While I was there I spotted a 2014 F250 Lariat w/6.7L TD crew cab with 4k miles....let's see how much they come off the price, might have a new tow vehicle shortly thatsright
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 9:32 pm

I grew up thinking because my dad, Pam's dad and mom all owned Fords that it was normal to have the transmissions and engines go out constantly on the F-150's and the cars. My first truck was a 58 Chevy and had no issues. I have had 2 S-10 Blazers go over 300,000 miles with no issues. I have had 1500 and 2500 Silverado's with no issues. I bought my used Duramax with 112,000 on it and it only has 126,000 on it now. No issues for me or the previous owners. It is like an RZR. Just because it is a new model, looks good and smells good, doesn't mean it is proven. The Duramax is proven for most of it's owners. I know some who have over 600,000 miles on them with the same engine and transmission. They haul with them daily for a living.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 9:37 pm

i love my ford f350 but i put so many miles on one hide come january i will have had this 1 for three years and it has 21000 miles on it. but the s.o.b. thing will pull anything!!!!!! you hook it to.
Back to top Go down
BluDevil
SSXSRider Member
BluDevil

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 10:02 pm

Geez... You guys need 2 ton trucks.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:44 am

Yeah, no kidding. Look at some of the toy haulers in the campground and you know they have to be pushing the gvwr of the tow vehicles.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 9:27 pm

The F150 is bye-bye...brought home a new F250 Lariat w 6.7L PS cheers
Back to top Go down
BluDevil
SSXSRider Member
BluDevil

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 9:54 pm

clap
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Congrats Joe. That size of trailer loaded was to much for the F150, IMO. Hope this one does you good.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 9:57 pm

I did talk to Mike Clark today. He has always had Duramax's, but switched to a F-350 dually I think it was this year or last. He was not happy with it and went back to a new Duramax.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 10:04 pm

The F150 towed good but was on the edge with a loaded down 30' trailer.

No comparing a 6.7L PS to a Duramax  thatsright

Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 10:06 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
The F150 is bye-bye...brought home a new F250 Lariat w 6.7L PS cheers

You'll love it. I traded my 2005 F-350 dually and 2008 F-150 Supercrew for a 2013 F-250 with the 6.7. It is by far the nicest truck I have ever owned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!   Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Local Ford Dealer has Pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next