Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Need help with my inverter set up in enclosed trailer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bacon
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Need help with my inverter set up in enclosed trailer   Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:33 am

I recently bought an enclosed trailer that had an AIMS PWRIC300012w inverter paired with 2 Enersys sbs 190f batteries. Over the weekend I overloaded the inverter and the overload protection didn't work as it should have. It popped and smoked etc.....I took it apart to find 5 blown fuses and a soldered connector blown apart. Replaced fuses and re soldered connector and it blew as soon as I put power to it, so im guessing its trashed. Batteries are still good and I need another inverter/charger to put In it. Trailer has 4 6" light bars for interior lights, pioneer premier cd/dvd/nav headunit hooked to small flat screen tv. All I need to be able to run is lights, tv, dvd, cell phone chargers and air mattress pump. What size inverter/charger do I need and if you know of a particular unit that would work for me please let me know. Their is so many out there and I have no clue where to start. Also are those batteries overkill or are they good for what im doing? Also on the inverter I am looking for something reasonable, im not looking to spend $1k-2K on one as most places we stay has power hookups.

Here is the specs on the batteries I have.
Back to top Go down
BCRacing24
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my inverter set up in enclosed trailer   Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:10 am

Maybe just replace it with the same unit. They are roughly $450 & common. It doesn't sound like you "overloaded" it to me judging by your list of devices. Maybe just went bad or something go to ground ? I would check all wiring for grounds before hooking up another one. 👍
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my inverter set up in enclosed trailer   Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:24 pm

I use a 2000 watt inverter on mine. I bought it over a year ago at harbor freight for a $100. I run 3 four foot lights and fridge on it and 3 phone chargers.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my inverter set up in enclosed trailer   Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Does it have a built in charger for batteries or do you just charge them at home?
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my inverter set up in enclosed trailer   Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm gonna stay away from the AIMS brand due to all the bad reviews. Main thing I need a good way to make sure I'm keeping those batteries in good shape cause after looking them up their is no way id pay that much for them so once they are shot they won't be getting replaced lol. Supposed to be damn good batteries I just wanna make sure I don't run them all the way down and hurt them.
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my inverter set up in enclosed trailer   Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:30 pm

I charge them before every ride we go on. I've never had any problem. Pickett is the hardest place on them. Every where else you can plug in. You can get you a solar charger to put on your batteries while your camping.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 1364
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my inverter set up in enclosed trailer   Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:51 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Xantrex-Prowatt-SW1000-Sinewave-Inverter/dp/B002I04A74/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1414694812&sr=1-1&keywords=inverter
This is what's in mine. For what you want to do it would be a good choice.  They also sell a few accessories for it if you want to hard wire it in like I did.  If you want to run a microwave you will want to go to the next size up.  just let me know if you have questions on it. If you look in my build thread for my cargo trailer there is some pictures of the inverter.

BTW be careful with cheap ones  to run a lcd and DVD you need a true sine wave inverter. A lot of stuff has problems with modified wave inverters. Which is what most of the cheap hardware store ones are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my inverter set up in enclosed trailer   

Back to top Go down

Need help with my inverter set up in enclosed trailer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1