SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd Empty
PostSubject: Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd   Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 11:06 pm

Got a few people going to check out durhamtown tellico Nov. 21st thru 23rd if anyone wants to join us.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd   Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 9:24 am

Heading up this Friday evening and be there til sunday if anyone wants to check the place out with us!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd   Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 10:23 pm

bacon wrote:
Heading up this Friday evening and be there til sunday if anyone wants to check the place out with us!

We use to have a bunch of people ride there. It has been a few years since I have heard anything about that place.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd   Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 6:33 am

Durhamtown Tellico is in the same general vicinity as the original Tellico but not the same place. The Forest Service closed the original Tellico due to pressure and a lawsuit brought by Trout Unlimited because runoff from the trails was polluting the creeks that feed Tellico river.

I haven't been to Durhamtown Tellico yet but I'm looking forward to a report. It's close enough for me to make it a day trip.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd   Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 9:09 am

I'd love to go but we just go back from Evarts last weekend. Even though it's in NC it's still a 6 hour ride for me Shocked I've been wanting to go and heard good things....let us know how you like it.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd   Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:32 am

For those wanting a review we got back from our weekend trip Sunday evening. The riding and views were great. Everything from laidback sight seeing to stuff that hasn't even been attempted yet. Now for the camping or Lodging side of things ill be honest and say they are a newer park and are still working things out. If you plan to go and camp or stay in cabin you MUST leave Tow rigs at the bottom behind the office (NO 2WD OR TRAILERS BEYOND THAT POINT) It isn't like most parks where you have a campground. All the camp sites and cabins are located on the main trail up to the top of the mountain, HOWEVER it is really nice once your up there. FOR THE OLD TELLICO PEOPLE you can ride to the old Trail 6 gate and it may be getting opened if all goes well. Be nice to ride the new park and get to go ride some of whats left of old Tellico.

Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd   Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:33 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd   Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd Empty

Back to top Go down

Durhamtown Tellico November 22nd
Page 1 of 1