SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I want to try this trail

Go down 
+12
ridepate
samiam
njcraddock
bonzo
Gimpy
bush
TBONE21
RZRS-EDGE
BIG D 57
RZR_Joe
ohsresq
Rhino X 2
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhino X 2
SSXSRider Member
Rhino X 2

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-11-08

I want to try this trail Empty
PostSubject: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 12:55 pm

I think I could do this  lol!

https://youtu.be/jxTvMaJBT3c
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:44 pm

I'll bring the camera and the liquid courage lol!
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Piece of cake drive
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:54 pm

HOLY COW BATMAN perfect10 perfect10
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 2:12 pm

that pause after the Railslide across the creek, was to replace a-arms & radious rods....
AWESOME!!!!
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 5:33 pm

That's easy. Especially the bowl
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:05 pm

drive
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:21 pm

I wanted to see how he got out of the sugar bowl.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
bonzo
SSXSRider Member
bonzo

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 6:26 pm

AWESOME!!! drive
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:03 pm

ohsresq wrote:
I'll bring the camera and the liquid courage lol!

There's not enough liquid courage out there for me to try those stunts!
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:53 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:54 pm

RZRS-EDGE wrote:
that pause after the Railslide across the creek,  was to replace a-arms & radious rods....
AWESOME!!!!

You saw it too.......... roflmao He bent the crap out of the lower drivers-side arm.....
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 8:29 pm

“XP1K2” is a seven-minute onslaught of intense off-road road action, set in a massive 600-acre forest near Mt. Baker, Washington. The video stars Off-Road Racing Champion RJ Anderson, driving a custom Holz Racing built Polaris RZR XP 1000 Side-by-Side (SxS), complete with a Polaris ProStar® 1000 Muzzys Performance engine and custom Walker Evans racing shocks. The “XP1K2” crew, including Tony Vanillo and his team of dirt and ramp engineers at the Off-Road Management Group, transformed the remote wooded location into a stunning array of creative obstacles, which included more than 20 natural terrain and man-made works of (terrifying) art. Spoiler alert – RJ Anderson reclaims the world record for a distance jump in a SxS – and does so by clearing a death-defying 100-foot gap!

More than a year of planning went in to the development and execution of the “XP1K2” campaign. It took the build team of 10, more than a month to carve out the heart-stopping playground as multiple obstacles featured hand built “ladder trail” which required two to three days each to weld, cover in wood and secure safely. The Mad Media crew of 40 then spent 14 days on location battling wind, rain, mud and fog to capture each of their incredible imagined obstacles.

“We wanted every stunt in “XP1K2” to be sketchier and more gnarly than our first video. Bigger jumps, bigger gaps, crazier driving…it was all about showing the viewer that RJ is constantly on the edge of disaster,” said “XP1K2” Co-Director and Mad Media CEO Matt Martelli.

The setting for “XP1K2” was no accident. The die-hard SxS enthusiasts that frequent the forums on UTVUnderground.com have been begging for something relatable (like a full blown trail video), since XP1K went live last year.

“When we discussed the vehicles Polaris was launching in 2015, it was obvious they were putting some love and attention back into their trail riding customers, and we thought it would be fitting to give a nod to that,” said Joey DiGiovanni, CEO of UTVUnderground.com. “Of course this video showcases some extremely dangerous stunts and we don’t want anyone at home to try to replicate them! But we’re very proud of the fact that we captured that feeling of ripping up and down trails at full speed – RJ and the boys at Mad Media have once again reset the bar!”

“XP1K2”
Next up on the “XP1K2” calendar is a Director’s Cut, which will include loads of extra footage not used in the main clip – cut to an over-the-top soundtrack.

“There was so much great footage from this shoot it was gut-wrenching to leave out all the incredible angles we captured stunt to stunt,” said “XP1K2” Co-Director/Editor and Mad Media COO Joshua Martelli. “We wanted to keep this edit fast, loud and fluid, and not fall prey to the over-produced slo-mo reprise style that so many videos feature these days. The best compliment we’ve heard so far was from our executive producers nine year old who said it felt like a video game! Perfect.”
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 3:59 am

Badass. The wall of death was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:40 am

I would love to know the $$$ cost of this, bet it was huge!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Ok Rhino you hit it and I will follow you......With the quad copter :)
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:26 am

That was crazy cool. That guy has a big sac $$$$$$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 7:04 pm

I love tree huggers

As well, we know based on several of our audience's reactions, that they found the image of gas-powered vehicles tearing up the forest, and the work that went into constructing the course, a bit unsettling, especially as we here at TGR proud ourselves on promoting minimally-invasive, human-powered adventure.

So we asked Joseph DiGiovanni, the Founder of UTVUnderground.com and one of the creative minds behind this insane video, to provide his perspective. This is what he wrote us:

"While our video does show some aggressive and hardcore off-road riding we are still very conscious of preserving our national trail systems. UTVUnderground.com is very active in promoting "Tread Lightly" to our enthusiast friends. I can understand why some would see XP1K2 and think that we are just out there tearing up the land and scaring the earth recklessly but I want these concerned viewers to understand a couple of things.

This property we were filming on is all private logging land. This trail system you see was created for the video and used existing logging roads and trails that were made when thinning the forest. Much of the area was also already completely wiped out by clear cutting so we were simply moving dirt around in an area already trampled through for the use of logging. All of the trails we used / created will be seeded and from there mother nature will reclaim the land just as she does after the heavy logging equipment leaves.

All of the wood you see in our ladder ramp stunts was wood from trees that were cut down on the property. We paid for the trees and wood and now will recycle them. Who knows, you may buy a table made of the same wood RJ made his world record jump on!? While we were in the deeper more lush forest parts of the shoot we were not all that destructive. We built stuff that will either come down or naturally be reclaimed by mother nature. We had some mountain bikers come to the set and ask if we could leave some of these stunts in place for them to enjoy. So I am clear, this "course" is not permanent and will not be left in place for others to ride their RZRs on. The land owners will decide what stays and what goes.

We do appreciate the concerns and understand where they come from. We knew going in we would ruffle some feathers as it pertained to those who dislike the idea of any motorized vehicle playing in the forest but we as off-roaders do have a right to recreate as well. In the end, we all share this land together, and despite our differences in how we enjoy exploring, we do all share the same concerns of maintaining our public lands, respecting our national trail systems and preserving these areas for the future.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:45 pm

You gotta have SAC

I want to try this trail 16li42w
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to try this trail   I want to try this trail Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to try this trail
Page 1 of 1