SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nathan's Jagged X Thread

Go down 
+22
bush
MIKE_D
ridepate
Rhino X 2
ohsresq
wbetheajr
girdlerrzr
bacon
Sporto
Goose
TBONE21
AIRBORNE
S
BIG D 57
8ball_99
blu-knight
STR8RZR
RZRS-EDGE
RZR_Joe
Gimpy
Big-R
njcraddock
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Nathan's Jagged X Thread Empty
PostSubject: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:59 pm

My wife had let it be known that while she was happy to be able to go on family trips that she was stressed about piloting a borrowed buggy especially with one of our little ones on board. She also didn't want to have two buggies with twice the maintenance and twice the chance of breakdown and really no good way to haul both and camp. So the only answer was to get a four seater. Like others, I was also hesitant at first to give up my sport buggy for a family wagon but with reassurances from those of you that have also crossed that line I decided to start looking around. The story is in my other thread but basically I started putting out some feelers and looking on the net. A new XP1K4 was out just due to sheer size and the Teryx4 was out purely for lack of perceived fun factor (no offense to you Teryx guys). That basically meant that I needed to get a XP900 4. There are still a few new ones around and a plethora of used ones. I didn't want to get someone else's worn out junk so a used one had to be very low miles. Well, this buggy basically fell into my lap and I had to take the deal. It also helped that the guy lives only 30 minutes away.

Nathan's Jagged X Thread 1_subs11

The guy bought the buggy back in the spring and had put only 200+ miles on it when they bought a new toy hauler with a supposedly 12' garage. They get home and he goes to park the buggy inside and discovers that "oops!", this garage is a little less that an actual 12' in length and it wont fit without some type of modification to the hauler. I ended up giving him a little more than he would have gotten on trade in so we were both happy in the end.

Bringing her home for the first time:
Nathan's Jagged X Thread 2014-110

That was on a Wednesday, two days later I had to have surgery so it sat for a while. Prior to that I had stripped my XP900 back to stock(ish). So while I was recuperating I sent out all my Highlifter suspension pieces and hitch plate to be sandblasted, cleaned, and resprayed with RAL 5017 powder coat. Last Monday evening my dad came over and he helped me install the forward a-arms, trailing arms, and radius rods. The next evening I reinstalled the rear down bars, my EMP windshield, and my 30" Blackwaters mounted on the Jagged X rims. The buggy already had a Warn (Polaris) 4500# winch and some LED lights. There's still a lot left to be done. I need some tree kickers, UHMW skids, reconfigure the lights, install my UHF radio, build a stereo, and a few other things but that's half the fun. The family sure seemed to enjoy it this past weekend.
Nathan's Jagged X Thread 2014-111
Nathan's Jagged X Thread 2014-112
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Hum, this seems to be a pattern with this group!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 5:10 pm

All smiles I see. drive
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Gimpy wrote:
All smiles I see.  drive

Yeah, we had just blown up the side of the mountain on a greasy trail throwing mud 20 feet in the air. What you don't see is that I was smiling even bigger! I was very impressed with how much more stability the longer wheelbase gives you.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 6:42 pm

njcraddock wrote:
Gimpy wrote:
All smiles I see.  drive

Yeah, we had just blown up the side of the mountain on a greasy trail throwing mud 20 feet in the air. What you don't see is that I was smiling even bigger! I was very impressed with how much more stability the longer wheelbase gives you.

I told you that you would not be unhappy..... Smiles
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 8:08 pm

The Jagged X rules! thatsright
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 8:45 pm

allright
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 5:20 am

Nice ride.
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:16 am

RZR_Joe wrote:
The Jagged X rules!  thatsright

I have to agree with joe. I love my jagged x
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Congrats and with the seats you have in the back it doesn't look like the rear bars are a problem at all as far as heads bumping them.
I think its funny at this rate we will have more 4 seaters then 2 seaters. I love mine. It is a slight learning curve going from a 2 seater. But I think the pros far out way the cons. Slap some tree kickers on there though. They can be a huge help in tight turns. Both my back doors are dented slightly cause I waited so long to put some on mine.
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 5:13 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 5:38 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
Congrats and with the seats you have in the back it doesn't look like the rear bars are a problem at all as far as heads bumping them.
I think its funny at this rate we will have more 4 seaters then 2 seaters. I love mine. It is a slight learning curve going from a 2 seater. But I think the pros far out way the cons. Slap some tree kickers on there though. They can be a huge help in tight turns. Both my back doors are dented slightly cause I waited so long to put some on mine.
That cage is a good 2 inches higher than stock in the front and the kids are actually sitting on booster seats about 6 inches high in the back. I'm going to order some junior sized PRP seats for them and add sternum straps on the harnesses for a little better security. I didn't have time or tree kickers and a skid plate would have already been installed. But there wasn't as much of a learning curve with the turning radius as I thought there would be.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 6:35 pm

njcraddock wrote:
8ball_99 wrote:
That cage is a good 2 inches higher than stock in the front and the kids are actually sitting on booster seats about 6 inches high in the back. I'm going to order some junior sized PRP seats for them  and add sternum straps on the harnesses for a little better security. I didn't have time or tree kickers and a skid plate would have already been installed. But there wasn't as much of a learning curve with the turning radius as I thought there would be.

Your gonna love it Nathan, the added wheelbase makes a huge difference. Like STR8RZR said tree kickers are a must, I would not have fenders left if not for them lol!
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Nice ride for sure. Like the exhaust better sound than the regular exhaust but not too loud
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 8:33 pm

I like it too. I've never been a fan of loud exhausts but this one sounds good without being obnoxious. Ronnie drove it a little the other night and said that he could feel the extra horsepower of the HO, or it could have just been the result of a few bourbon and cokes.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 9:30 pm

njcraddock wrote:
I like it too. I've never been a fan of loud exhausts but this one sounds good without being obnoxious. Ronnie drove it a little the other night and said that he could feel the extra horsepower of the HO, or it could have just been the result of a few bourbon and cokes.

There is a significant difference in power over a standard 900. The SS SLP exhaust sounds awesome when you get on it hard through a trail but like you said it's not obnoxious.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:34 pm

njcraddock wrote:

EZRA This just makes me fell the HP better!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:12 am

Big Brown has shown up a couple of times this week. Just waiting on the biggest box that is supposed to be here in a couple of weeks then the fun continues....
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:34 am

beat
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 3:20 pm

Nice ride brother.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:20 am

Nice ride! Just bought one myself
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:13 pm

Made some tree kickers. Taking them to a buddy's house for him to finish TIG welding then off to powder coat.
Nathan's Jagged X Thread 2015-010
Nathan's Jagged X Thread 2015-011
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 7:11 pm

They look good. Don't powder coat them because they will get torn up. Use Ford Blue (Almost perfect match) engine paint so you can touch them up after each ride.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 8:36 pm

That's not a bad idea Joe. It does seem a shame to spend so much time and energy to make them look good just to go bash the crap out of them on some rocks.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 3:29 pm

Looks great buddy. Do you have a metal brake?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nathan's Jagged X Thread   Nathan's Jagged X Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Nathan's Jagged X Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next