SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today

Go down 
+5
nocerisdave
shawnley1222
GunRunner
rubicon05
rcmass
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today Empty
PostSubject: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Put my deposit down on a 09 RZR-S. I'm keeping the Rhino for the wife to drive ( she has killed her Chino-buggy in only two months!!!) Unit is due mid-to late OCT. Some more info/vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JadG-6B5kOc&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JadG-6B5kOc

They look like the same vids at first, ones specs,the others specs and some roosting

Hate to jump-ship, I love my Rhino but until Yamaha steps-up................
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 6:39 pm

CONGRATS!! The S is a killer unit from Po
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:03 pm

rcmass wrote:
CONGRATS!! The S is a killer unit from Po

We'll see Robbie.
It's just if you do the math Modding a Rhino vs. this thing, it only makes sense. As it is a stock RZR will kill a Rhino with a 720 kit, I've seen it happen. If you want the power I crave from a Yamaha motor,the bill can be staggering to say the least. Sure the Poo-Poos have had thier problems, but so have the Rhinos, (weak rods and non-oiling wrist-pins). I'm willing to go out on a limb and give it a try. Of course it's gonna be a 14k limb, but I've got,probably, that in my Rhino with no internal motor-mods.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:26 pm

CONGRATS!! Review/Pics/Vids when ya get'er.
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 9:34 pm

i think it's awesome.....and honestly i think if i had to do it over again i think i would have looked harder at the RZR.....
$14K is steep but you are right, it doesn't take long to stick that in a Rhino....
oh well maybe next time....
with the wife being pregnant now, it's probably best that i have the rhino.....now i can add my rear cage and seat
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 10:24 pm

its simple math, 2 beats one anytime, i had a 800 polaris and it had the power, but that new s model is set up for sand by the way it looks, long travel and all why do you want that model?
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:38 am

i looked at the rzrs but i needed/wanted the bed do actual work and play gotta do both and rzr is all play so rhino was the best option 4 me but next would be all play rzr for sure
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:47 am

Pate how do the current RZRs perform race wise, as stockers?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 1:16 am

Congrats on the new ride Jimbo. cheers Rhino
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 1:44 am

Pate , congrats on the new ride. cheers if i was a racer like you.
i may have looked that way. I hope you have good luck with it.
i just wanted the reliability of the rhino. The RZR's have just not been
reliable enough for me in the past. maybe the new ones will be a different story.
eather way , i am sure it will be a blast.

But i have a new Tow hook, and if you need me
I will be there..... allright

Chris..... :D
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 8:56 am

that all have their issues - and yes the mod math makes sense on the rzrS

I think to race there are still going to have to have a few mods necessary.... like any machine

but the S is the best platform I have seen so far to get started!!

and the graphics and color combos are killer!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:26 pm

GunRunner wrote:
its simple math, 2 beats one anytime, i had a 800 polaris and it had the power, but that new s model is set up for sand by the way it looks, long travel and all why do you want that model?

Gunny,
It's 60 inches wide, mines already almost 60,58 and change, so it won't really be that much different. It will still be trail-friendly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:31 pm

nocerisdave wrote:
Pate how do the current RZRs perform race wise, as stockers?
Dave,
As stockers they have some issues, mostly what I read is they lacked big-time in the suspension dept, the stock-shocks blew easy, frame was weak in several different spots, and lacked ground-clearace. Poo-Poo seems to have addressed those issues on both the regular RZR and the S for 09. But like Robbie said all of them have thier issues. The main thing I don't like about it is the 4wd system, it's kind of strange.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 6:58 pm

ridepate wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Gunny,
It's 60 inches wide, mines already almost 60,58 and change, so it won't really be that much different. It will still be trail-friendly.

Yep, I've got my Grizzly at 58 and my Rhino at 60. Neither have shown to be a problem for me on WV trails.
Back to top Go down
GODAWGS

GODAWGS

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 11:57 am

Welcome to the Dark Side!!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 8:53 pm

just a update, ridepate backed out and got his deposit back. but I saw one today at ritchie powersports in tn. it was very nice!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today   Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today Empty

Back to top Go down

Went to the Poo-Poo dealer today
Page 1 of 1