SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

riding area in cullman alabama?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

riding area in cullman alabama? Empty
PostSubject: riding area in cullman alabama?   riding area in cullman alabama? EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:51 pm

had somebody ask me if i would be interested in going there next weekend to ride but i dont know anything about it neither did he so i thought i would ask you guys. they have a website but was just wondering about first hand knowledge of the place i figure some of our members have been there before. the place is called stony lonesome. any opinions of the place would be helpful. it is about a 2 hr drive from me but so is windrock and twra is a little more so is it worth a 2 hr drive one way?
Back to top Go down
Halfmoon
SSXSRider Member
Halfmoon

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-05-08

PostSubject: Re: riding area in cullman alabama?   riding area in cullman alabama? EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 8:15 pm

We have some folks at the campground from Cullman this week, If I get a chance I will ask them about it and let you know. The fact that they are riding 6 days at Windrock might reflect on the riding there.
Back to top Go down
http://Halfmooncampground.com
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: riding area in cullman alabama?   riding area in cullman alabama? EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Rode there a few times Derrick because it is close to me.  But I wouldn't waste my time coming to it from Ga. with Windrock and TWRA about the same distance.  It is a very nice place for us local guys but I would take Tennessee over it every time there is no comparison of the two. It can be covered in hours before you find yourself riding the same trails again.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: riding area in cullman alabama?   riding area in cullman alabama? EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks Tory definitely the info I needed
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: riding area in cullman alabama?   riding area in cullman alabama? EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Only about 1,500 acres. The place has really good trails from mild to wild. A few really good hills to climb and some deep mud holes (if you are into that). Fun for a day trip, but I wouldn't go there if was a long drive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: riding area in cullman alabama?   riding area in cullman alabama? Empty

Back to top Go down

riding area in cullman alabama?
Page 1 of 1