SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reeko's Jagged X

Go down 
+7
bush
Gimpy
Goose
DirtDawber
STR8RZR
njcraddock
Reeko
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Reeko's Jagged X - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeko's Jagged X   Reeko's Jagged X - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:48 pm

DOG wrote:
is there a difference in the width of the tires and wheels you just bought vs the old ones. i was looking at some hd5 wheels and tires mounted the other day and some msa beadlocks and tires mounted and both were 10 inch wide tires but the ones on the msa looked much wider.

No difference. I went with the same size tires. Just different wheel offset.

Thanks Gimpy.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

PostSubject: Re: Reeko's Jagged X   Reeko's Jagged X - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:53 pm

Big-R wrote:
Reeko wrote:
Never thought going from a two seater to a four seater would cost so much.  Got a new toy hauler taking the place of the current one Saturday.

I am right there with you.  And to top it all off I bought a newer truck to pull that BIG ASS camper I bought......  lol!

That is what I am hopin to avoid. Tried to go as light as possible as well as wind drag as I don't want to upgrade the truck. I have a 2003 Dodge 2500 that I put about 7k miles on a year with 90% being with a load. I can't justify spending 60-70k for a new one that I won't drive much. I have had company cars for over a decade so they get the abuse. My 2003 only has 132k on the ticker.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Reeko's Jagged X   Reeko's Jagged X - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:58 pm

Reeko wrote:
Big-R wrote:
Reeko wrote:
Never thought going from a two seater to a four seater would cost so much.  Got a new toy hauler taking the place of the current one Saturday.

I am right there with you.  And to top it all off I bought a newer truck to pull that BIG ASS camper I bought......  lol!

That is what I am hopin to avoid. Tried to go as light as possible as well as wind drag as I don't want to upgrade the truck. I have a 2003 Dodge 2500 that I put about 7k miles on a year with 90% being with a load. I can't justify spending 60-70k for a new one that I won't drive much. I have had company cars for over a decade so they get the abuse. My 2003 only has 132k on the ticker.  

That's funny. I bought a 03 F-350 brand new. It has been a great truck until I bought a camper that is almost 18 thousand pounds....... Time for an upgrade. I guess you're next........

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

PostSubject: Re: Reeko's Jagged X   Reeko's Jagged X - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:44 am

Well dealer pissed me off yesterday so I told him to keep his camper. Looks like I will keep my current one and figure out a way to get the jagged to the trails.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Reeko's Jagged X   Reeko's Jagged X - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:54 am

Idaho tote?
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Reeko's Jagged X   Reeko's Jagged X - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 8:06 am

Reeko wrote:
Well dealer pissed me off yesterday so I told him to keep his camper. Looks like I will keep my current one and figure out a way to get the jagged to the trails.
I think it was Dodd or someone he knows has extended their toyhauler to make more room.  May want ask him for some info. How much more room do u need.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

PostSubject: Re: Reeko's Jagged X   Reeko's Jagged X - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 8:22 am

3 feet so it is not feasible. Long story short, looks like I have the start of some delam on my XLR so the dealer used that to change his trade in amount. He said he would only give me $5k for my unit. I told him if Forest River quality is not capable of lasting for more than 4 years then why would I want to step up to a $60k MSRP XLR 5th wheel.

So with that, I am keeping my $5k valued toy hauler and the 800S for when I can't swap out with a buddy to tow my jagged down for a free place to sleep.

For $5K I will keep using it as a family camper and let it fall down around me or worst case if it gets too bad, scrap the camper and take all the parts and build me another cargo trailer. At least then I will know the build quality.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Reeko's Jagged X   Reeko's Jagged X - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 10:59 am

Reeko wrote:
3 feet so it is not feasible.  Long story short, looks like I have the start of some delam on my XLR so the dealer used that to change his trade in amount.  He said he would only give me $5k for my unit.  I told him if Forest River quality is not capable of lasting for more than 4 years then why would I want to step up to a $60k MSRP XLR 5th wheel.

So with that, I am keeping my $5k valued toy hauler and the 800S for when I can't swap out with a buddy to tow my jagged down for a free place to sleep.

For $5K I will keep using it as a family camper and let it fall down around me or worst case if it gets too bad, scrap the camper and take all the parts and build me another cargo trailer.  At least then I will know the build quality.

All of these high dollar campers are built if the same crap...... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reeko's Jagged X   Reeko's Jagged X - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reeko's Jagged X
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2