SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2 way radio's...

Go down 
+3
GunRunner
shawnley1222
wvyankee2
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:09 pm

How many owners have 2 way radio's? if you have one... what brand/model do you have? are they all compatible or does it depend on the brand/model you get?

I was thinking about all the mods I want for the rhino and thought this would be a better accessory to have before i buy anything else.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:21 pm

I've got the Motorola GXT-450's. Their supposed to be 12 mile range, but I only get about 2miles in the mountains. I like them, and are compatible with most others.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:38 pm

how much did you pay for yours wv?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:45 pm

Wheels wrote:
how much did you pay for yours wv?
....It's been awhile, but I think I paid about $80.00 for a pair.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 12:05 am

I have a Samsung offered by Alltel haha that and yellin HEY!!! sorry had to pop in on this thread lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 7:35 am

I have those smaller cobra 2 mile range 2-ways with 2 channels. You know the ones used on the trip to windrock an back. What did you think of those?

I also have a pair of Midland radios, think they are 22 channel with a 12 mile range. They also have a built in weather alert. Those are my newest an the cobras are old.

Go with the Midlands, a great radio!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 10:18 am

Radios are great, we need to come up with a club channel so when we ride we can all be on the same one.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
pnjoiler

pnjoiler

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-01-23

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 5:18 pm

I use the Rhino 120. They work pretty good and are compatible with the cobra and midlands. You also have a gps map and can have peer to peer contact with someone else that has the same radio.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=146&pID=6405
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 7:05 pm

I have a Garmin Rhino 130.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 7:13 pm

this might be a silly question... but are they worth 250+?
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 7:20 pm

scratch the 110/120/130 is the model and yea they are like 300+.
The peer to peer feature is cool. You can see were everyone is on your map. Its easy to find people. We use them hunting, running dogs. It kinda feels like we are cheating.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 8:29 pm

yeah, that's a cool feature... being able to locate someone like that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 8:47 pm

Wheels wrote:
yeah, that's a cool feature... being able to locate someone like that.

i ve been meaning to ask u .was that u that had 2 gps s on there rhino at WR??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 8:49 pm

wasn't me.. i didn't have anything related to electronics, except my phone. Tellico has a gps, so it might have been him...
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 9:16 pm

My GPS was the Garmin 200 Automobile GPS......not really made for the Rhino!
Back to top Go down
pnjoiler

pnjoiler

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-01-23

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 4:54 pm

That was me that had the 2 GPS units. I have a Garmin 60CS mounted on the dash and my Rhino 120 mounted on my cage. I bought my Rhino 120 for $149.99.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 4:12 pm

So did the club decide on a club channel so we can keep in touch if need be on the trail??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 6:46 pm

gunny,that's a good question... you might want to post that question in the Club rides/member section.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 6:51 pm

GunRunner wrote:
So did the club decide on a club channel so we can keep in touch if need be on the trail??

i vote it should be #5 since im member # 5 lol!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 10:37 am

rhinomcb wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

i vote it should be #5 since im member # 5 lol!
Most of the radios have dual power channels with some being stronger than others, It should be a full power channel we use which ever it is.
Back to top Go down
TnIceman

Number of posts : 5

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 3:07 pm

I would vote for Channel 2... it is used on the Windrock Mtn and both FRS and GMRS radios have it.. (not to mention I have it in my 40watt mobile) LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.windrockatv.com
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Bought some radios today and I'm struggling to get the VOX to work. They are Cobra
PR4500WX. The ear-buds have of course an earpiece and a mic. Th mic has a little PTT button on it, in VOX mode the only way the mic will work is if you hold the PTT button???? IT will go in and out of VOX but only when you constantly hold down the button?? Damned if I know......
Jimbo
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 11:20 pm

Let's go with Channel 2 like IceMan said :) That's the channel my gang usually stays on anyway.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 11:55 pm

pate... i got some radio's with the headset and i can't figure out the VOX with the headset either... have you figured it out yet??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Wheels wrote:
pate... i got some radio's with the headset and i can't figure out the VOX with the headset either... have you figured it out yet??

Hell no!!! Mine will work in VOX only if the little butto is pushed on the ear-piece, then it will VOX but only if the button is pushed, so to me,thats really not hands-free vox?? I might just glue the dang buttons down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2 way radio's... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 way radio's...   2 way radio's... Empty

Back to top Go down

2 way radio's...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next