SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New machines at the group ride

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

New machines at the group ride Empty
PostSubject: New machines at the group ride   New machines at the group ride EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 2:40 pm

There has been a few pictures posted of the ride! How about a little new machine likes and dislikes!!
Back to top Go down
pushrod 1
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New machines at the group ride   New machines at the group ride EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 7:59 pm

and how did the pro armor crawler tires did.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: New machines at the group ride   New machines at the group ride EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 9:24 pm

To answer pushrod1, the pro armor's are great. They would climb out of wet, muddy ruts about the same as roctanes. They did climb on slick muddy rocks about the same also. I did like the way the would clean the tread mud better than most other tires I have had. 10 psi in dry and mud seamed ok to run them at. One difference I noticed with the Blackwaters I have ran is they would sideways track on steep muddy climbs. The crawlers and roctanes do not, as they stay true in line.

The new crawler's worked great on climbs and running at speeds on rocky roads and trails. I am still running the rear stabilizer as I had no real issues, but I did not get as much trail time as on other rides. I do thank RZRJOE for the extra wide front fender flares that kept a lot of mud from slinging.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New machines at the group ride   New machines at the group ride EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Gimpy, from what I have read from those that removed the sway bars on the gold le, say it has way to much body roll. The Walker Links would help but are a little pricey!!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: New machines at the group ride   New machines at the group ride EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 9:43 pm

More input - The 55% lower gear ratio is GREAT on those slow rocky glimbs. The Walker Evans shocks are set at factory level and did a great job too.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New machines at the group ride   New machines at the group ride Empty

Back to top Go down

New machines at the group ride
Page 1 of 1