Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!


 
GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EagleCampground
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-10-03
Age : 52
Location : Pioneer, Tenn

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:27 pm

Here's a video of my dumb ass solo riding at night on sketchy trail 8.
4 hours later a friend arrived and he finally got me out.
Needless to say I'm getting a winch installed this week.

BIG D 57 wrote:
Will be calling you for dates in may
I'll post on this thread when we are open and are able to take reservations!!
Thanks!!!
Dave
Back to top Go down
http://eaglecampground.com
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 7517
Registration date : 2009-10-01
Location : Louisville, KY

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Winch is a must, even if you have others with you in a group.

Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
EagleCampground
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-10-03
Age : 52
Location : Pioneer, Tenn

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:40 am

Gimpy wrote:
Winch is a must, even if you have others with you in a group.

Luckily it was last week at 50 degrees instead of the teens of this week.

I also bought a ton of survival gear and am keeping it on the pioneer.
Back to top Go down
http://eaglecampground.com
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2012-05-30
Age : 42
Location : Berea, KY

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:26 am

I'm looking forward to checking this place out!
Back to top Go down
Smithco

avatar

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-06-28
Age : 37
Location : Sand Rock, Alabama

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Dave i believe you have an excellent opportunity and will do well if you treat people right. Its hard to find anyone around that is happy with the current most recognized campground in that area if they have stayed with them many times. I have been 3 times in the last year and left mad as heck 2 of the 3 times. Stayed there last week and my whole group had many problems with the place. The biggest problem is their attitude towards customers. I wish you luck and will give you a try next time I am up that way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.premierstormshelter.com
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 7517
Registration date : 2009-10-01
Location : Louisville, KY

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Smithco wrote:
Dave i believe you have an excellent opportunity and will do well if you treat people right. Its hard to find anyone around that is happy with the current most recognized campground in that area if they have stayed with them many times. I have been 3 times in the last year and left mad as heck 2 of the 3 times. Stayed there last week and my whole group had many problems with the place. The biggest problem is their attitude towards customers. I wish you luck and will give you a try next time I am up that way.

You must be talking about RB???????????
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Smithco

avatar

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-06-28
Age : 37
Location : Sand Rock, Alabama

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Absolutely.. I am not going back. I'll stay in a motel before I stay there again. They do not allow you to use their water during the winter anymore. That would have been nice to know before getting there. The bath house did not have hot water. My breaker was weak and kept flipping even tho I was not using hardly any power but the biggest problem was that they were just rude to deal with. I tried to be understanding and handle the situation in a respectable manner but I eventually lost my cool with them. After all the problems I had I ask about leaving my camper in its spot for a few extra hours on my last day if nobody was coming in behind me. They said sure if you pay an extra nights rent. That sealed the deal for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.premierstormshelter.com
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 7517
Registration date : 2009-10-01
Location : Louisville, KY

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:02 pm

We have dealt with power issues there too. My biggest gripe is $10.00 extra for 50 amp full hookup versus 30 amp per night. The other problem is there is no one there to assist with late arrivals to show them where to park. The sites, not in the middle row, have been jumbled up where no one knows where to park. I have tried to help late arrivers, but someone has always been in their spot. There is no after hour persons to answer the phone to help when the power went out, when someone is in your spot, or to stop the loud drunks at 2 in the morning.

Glad we will have a new choice for the area. Thanks Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
EagleCampground
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-10-03
Age : 52
Location : Pioneer, Tenn

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:29 pm

Smithco wrote:
Dave i believe you have an excellent opportunity and will do well if you treat people right. Its hard to find anyone around that is happy with the current most recognized campground in that area if they have stayed with them many times. I have been 3 times in the last year and left mad as heck 2 of the 3 times. Stayed there last week and my whole group had many problems with the place. The biggest problem is their attitude towards customers. I wish you luck and will give you a try next time I am up that way.
Smithco wrote:
Absolutely.. I am not going back. I'll stay in a motel before I stay there again. They do not allow you to use their water during the winter anymore. That would have been nice to know before getting there. The bath house did not have hot water. My breaker was weak and kept flipping even tho I was not using hardly any power but the biggest problem was that they were just rude to deal with. I tried to be understanding and handle the situation in a respectable manner but I eventually lost my cool with them. After all the problems I had I ask about leaving my camper in its spot for a few extra hours on my last day if nobody was coming in behind me. They said sure if you pay an extra nights rent. That sealed the deal for me.
Sorry for your less than favorable experience with them, I'm sure they are giving their best efforts.

Good help is difficult to find and a couple of bad apples can leave a bad taste in everyone's mouths. They are good people giving their best efforts, sorry for the frustrating experience, it reflects poorly on everyone in the hospitality and camping industry. Not fun.

I hope we are able to adjust employees attitudes and weed them out before they become too important and set in their ways. I am sure we'll have our share of complaints.

Dealing with the cold is a frustrating and expensive endeavor for a campground to say the least, I personally have split out 3 different hydrants at my farm by the kids or I just leaving the hose hooked up. The no water rule is a solid one but can be implemented in a more favorable manner, sub freezing temperatures will immediately split the hydrant and in turn need a $150 repair. Not good. The quick and really only fix is to disconnect the hose immediately after use or not allow any water use.

The nice thing at our campground is everything we are doing is approved and professionally designed and freshly installed, tested and repaired as needed. Hopefully zero issues!!!! HOPEFULLY!!! but no guarantees!!!

Gimpy wrote:
We have dealt with power issues there too.  My biggest gripe is $10.00 extra for 50 amp full hookup versus 30 amp per night.  
Hey, we're going to charge more for the 50 than the 30, it's about consumption compensation, not greed.
Gimpy wrote:
The other problem is there is no one there to assist with late arrivals to show them where to park.  The sites, not in the middle row, have been jumbled up where no one knows where to park. I have tried to help late arrivers, but someone has always been in their spot.  There is no after hour persons to answer the phone to help when the power went out, when someone is in your spot, or to stop the loud drunks at 2 in the morning.

Glad we will have a new choice for the area.  Thanks Dave.
I bring to Eagle Campground my 30 years in the telephone system, networking and technology industry experience. We'll try our best to give our guests the best experience possible by implementing simple things like call boxes throughout the campground that will call my or the onsite manager's (my daughter and her husband) mobile 24/7/365. Having full carrier provided LTE and 4G service throughout the campground is huge, HUGE!!!!

As for the loud drunks at 2am.... who can blame 'em, and everyone has been there... almost everyone. We'll just have to remind them that it's a family campground and from 10pm to 7am we have quiet hours, enjoy the trails, enjoy the fire, enjoy the company just keep it down.


Last edited by EagleCampground on Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eaglecampground.com
EagleCampground
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-10-03
Age : 52
Location : Pioneer, Tenn

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:32 pm


http://eaglecampground.com/

Here is a quick build out picture and schedule. The schedule is dependent on many things, we are opening March 1, 2018 even if all 49 sites are not yet available. Bird dogging the contractors is my main job for the next 2 months.


Phase 1 - March 1 Flatwoods Campground build out All 49 sites are 50 Amp with full hookups.
Our Campground will have 8-12 50 Amp pull through sites with full amenities.
Most sites are wooded with a minimum of 65-80' and 35' wide
5-10 Cabins – Buildout additional as demand grows  

Phase 2 - June 1 Additional 70 sites down Flatwoods Road (Sundquist / Royal Blue trail 1) are  Wooded lots, 30 Amp and Water, no sewer
5-10 additional Cabins Buildout additional as demand grows
Back to top Go down
http://eaglecampground.com
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 2070
Registration date : 2010-01-05
Age : 60
Location : BLANCHESTER,OH

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:14 pm

awesome we are planning a may trip and will be calling  you, No MORE RRB for us ,stayed in October and reserved 30 amp site got there some ONE in spot and had to go to a 50 amp and they made us pay 50 amp price  BS , Also camper next door almost melted my back door fire 3 ft from my camper when we goy back from a ride , when I told him to move it he just looked at me , we moved it LOOK forward to a new vendor and your location has a lot more to offer, gas , food ,tks
BIG  D
Back to top Go down
kscfire
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2013-02-17
Age : 55
Location : Knoxville

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:34 pm

Dave, something like this may be an option for freeze protection of water hydrants.

https://www.zoro.com/campbell-lead-free-frost-proof-yard-hydrant-5-ft-yh-5lf/i/G1820777/
Back to top Go down
EagleCampground
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-10-03
Age : 52
Location : Pioneer, Tenn

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:52 pm

kscfire wrote:
Dave, something like this may be an option for freeze protection of water hydrants.

https://www.zoro.com/campbell-lead-free-frost-proof-yard-hydrant-5-ft-yh-5lf/i/G1820777/
Exactly the guy we're using, the hose MUST be disconnected or it will split the hydrant when it freezes, like I said, I've replaced 3 of them at my farm when the hose was not disconnected.
Back to top Go down
http://eaglecampground.com
EagleCampground
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-10-03
Age : 52
Location : Pioneer, Tenn

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 pm

BIG D 57 wrote:
awesome we are planning a may trip and will be calling  you, No MORE RRB for us ,stayed in October and reserved 30 amp site got there some ONE in spot and had to go to a 50 amp and they made us pay 50 amp price  BS , Also camper next door almost melted my back door fire 3 ft from my camper when we goy back from a ride , when I told him to move it he just looked at me , we moved it  LOOK forward to a new vendor and your location has a lot more to offer, gas , food ,tks
BIG  D
Looking forward to meeting and serving you.
Back to top Go down
http://eaglecampground.com
Grantopus
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2016-08-03
Age : 47
Location : Grant FL

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:53 pm

Looking forward to meeting you and staying st your campground Easter weekend.
Back to top Go down
Grantopus
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2016-08-03
Age : 47
Location : Grant FL

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:45 am

Anyone know if/when Eagle CG will be opening?

I thought I read somewhere mid June to early July but I can’t find any info.

Back to top Go down
EagleCampground
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-10-03
Age : 52
Location : Pioneer, Tenn

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:01 pm

Well guys, it's sad for me to say but I'm no longer involved with the campground in any manner.
I am sure their amazing marketing and technology team will begin letting everyone know what is happening soon.

I don't know when they are planning on opening.
Enjoyed the idea and the opportunity while I was involved but it just got to the point where we could not reach an amicable lease arrangement.
Good times,
Dave
Back to top Go down
http://eaglecampground.com
Grantopus
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2016-08-03
Age : 47
Location : Grant FL

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:09 pm

Sorry to hear that Dave, but thank you for the update.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 7517
Registration date : 2009-10-01
Location : Louisville, KY

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:58 pm

I was hopping to meet you this summer. Sorry, but poo happens.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
TravisQuick

avatar

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2018-07-04
Age : 33
Location : Tampa, Florida

PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:34 am

Just read about this. It's sad that it didn't push through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist   

Back to top Go down
 
I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» I'm Dave from Eagle Campground a new campground on the Royal Blue and Sundquist
» Name every place in tennessee that i can ride a side x side
» Windrock, Brimstone, Evarts
» Trails End and Brimstone
» Dave Syers makes the big leagues!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The House :: Welcome New Users! Please introduce yourself-
Jump to: