SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall Empty
PostSubject: Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall   Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 8:17 pm

I got a message from Rocky Mountain ATV where I bought a fire extinguisher and mounts for my RZR a few years ago. They kindly let me know that the extinguisher I bought from them might be on the recall list. It was, along with 2 more in my house. I called them with the required information and they said that they are sending me new replacements with shipping orders to send the recalled ones back. Check out the recall list, you might have one or so too.

Kidde, a major manufacturer of fire extinguishers, has recalled more than 40 million fire extinguishers used in homes, vehicles and boats. The reason? The extinguishers can become clogged, fail to discharge or have nozzle detachment during a fire emergency.
There are 134 models and the manufacture dates go as far back as 1973 and until as recently as August 2017. All of the models can be found on the Consumer Product Safety Commission recall notice website. The extinguishers were sold in red, white and silver and are all either ABC-or BC-rated. You can find the model number on the fire extinguisher’s label. You should also note that this recall includes fire extinguishers previously recalled in March 2009 and February 2015.
What You Can Do
If you have an extinguisher listed in the recall, contact Kidde to request a free replacement as well as instructions for returning the recalled unit. You can reach Kidde toll-free at 855-271-0773 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET Saturday and Sunday. Or, you can visit kiddie.com for more information.
This is also a good time to check your fire extinguisher to make sure it’s not expired (typically fire extinguishers begin to lose their effectiveness around 12 years), and it’s in good working order. If either of these scenarios fit your current extinguisher, it’s time to get a new one.
Check out this Eriesense blog story on fire extinguishers to find out why you need one, how to use it and how it can help prevent a major disaster in your home or apartment.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall   Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 11:16 am

Thanks for the heads up Les.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall   Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 7:03 pm

From my understanding they are millions of fire extinguishers recalled.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall   Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall Empty

Back to top Go down

Kiddie Fire Extinguisher Recall
Page 1 of 1