SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Need help   Need help EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 2:11 pm

2010 800 S. I was ridin and it just quit and had nothin. Close to home so I trailored it on in. Thought it was a fuse under the dash but checked em all and traded around but still nothin. Checked the battery that was bad so I put a new one in and used a trickle charger to fully charge, still nothing. Double checked connections and the ground to the frame, still nothin. When I turn the key on there are no brake lights or speedometer lights, nothin. I’m in the process of goin thru the fuses again.
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2013-08-08

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 8:56 pm

Not trying to be smart or talk down to you. Somewhere on the wide wide world of the web is a wiring schematic for your bike that is downloadable.

Trying to troubleshoot like this is a needle in a haystack sometimes.

Everyone says they do everything right till you look at it. Battery connections? Most important. Yes that includes main ground. ( again, not being smart$$).

Time to break out test light and follow where voltage goes from the battery, ( reason for schematic).

Constant power goes to ignition switch and starter, then out of there,to your operating components. ( voltage regulator, starter, dash,.)

Good job on checking fuses first.

I'm interested to see if you have power leaving your ignition switch, from both the on position ,and also the start position.

Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 9:14 pm

I made sure of good ground as in took it loose and wired wheeled it then put back. Took a screwdriver on the solenoid and it would crank like crazy. Took the key switch loose and I have no power to it at all proven with a test light. I have the schematics that I have studied but really don’t help a lot. Thinkin it is either the solenoid or the ecm
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 9:45 am

Id start by finding out why you don't have power to ignition switch. Work way back to the fuse panel.

I'm not highly Fermi liar with the way polaris does wiring. Principles are the same on everything though.

Schematic should show wiring from battery to fuse panel to switch. Also if it takes any detours off that. I've found wires on the back or fuse panels broken or loose before. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 5:41 pm

A common problem is the brake pedal switch. It's under the seat near the main ground. If it's good try another switch. Then I would drop the skid plate and start looking the wire harness over. Also could be the Ecu died. Goodluck
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 9:19 pm

I looked at wiring diagrams online today, for knowledge sake, to feed my curiosity. Your right , they are not worth squat.

I assumed you had a factory service manuel with wiring schematic.

Bush is correct, in what to check, but i believe the switches are on the, 12v from ign switch to starter solenoid, side of the circuit. Might be wrong.

I guess i'm saying. Find the power lead that feeds the ignition switch, at the fuse block. You might have power to fuse,,,,fuse might be good,,,,,no power leaving fuse on wire to switch. Just saying.

Wanna test the theory???? Run a 12v jumper to ignition switch that is dead now, Lets see what happens.

Just trying to rule out things here to save you some coin. I understand that it is easier on my end than yours.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 11:31 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the help.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Just a little update. Talked with the service manager of a local Po Po dealer who after hearing the problem thinks it is a bad ECM or ECU (which ever you prefer). He suggested to trade out with another machine and see if it fixes the problem. Now all I have to do is find another antique 800😳
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 5:54 pm

samiam wrote:
Just a little update. Talked with the service manager of a local Po Po dealer who after hearing the problem thinks it is a bad ECM or ECU (which ever you prefer). He suggested to trade out with another machine and see if it fixes the problem. Now all I have to do is find another antique 800😳

I have a 08 800 complete machine I'll sell you...cheap like thatsright
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 6:58 pm

I got a good coon dog I’ll trade ya. May not take any boot if the RZR is in excellent shape😂
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 10:00 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
samiam wrote:

I have a 08 800 complete machine I'll sell you...cheap like thatsright

How, "cheap like". Joe?? I have Preston,(grandson), that has been on me about a ride of his own. I figure it might be a good opportunity for him to learn to work on sxs's. Oh wait, He's only seven. He might not want to work that hard. I might do something on the coon dog instead,,,,oh wait i have Buedreaux......dont need another dog.roflmao  Sorry Joe,,,,couldn't resist. roflmao
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 7:44 am

What the heck is a “Buedreaux”????? Get yourself a blue tick or a red bone there fancy pants😁
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 5:38 pm

Need help Buedre10

This is a Beudreaux. He's a stray that we took in. He's made of whatever jumped the fence first. Laughing Picture courtesy of RZR Joes wife Michele. cool

And don't ask Steath why he believes the dog is from Ohio. Just saying. roflmao
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Ok that alright. All about strays as they make the best dog. Oh, and sorry bout the fancy pants remark
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 7:57 pm

You don't have to apologize for the remark. I lmao.roflmao I don't take much serious anymore. I just hope you get your ride straightened out.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Hey I got a fancy dog too. It's one of them there SHITSYOUS.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 9:25 pm

You get the 800 a running, I have a quick mount snow plow and mounting bracket for $400. I gave $1,200. If it snows here this weekend, it is going for sale then.
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Gimpy I think you and I are confused. I think we both have a whogivesashit dogs.
Right before that pic was taken,,,I asked bueudreuax if he wanted to ride with rzr .joe.

Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 10:07 pm

Update. RZR is now runnin. Broken wire in the wiring harness.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 8:23 pm

Glad to hear. I forgot my 2010 S did rub through the wiring harness on the drivers side, behind the cab, above the skid plate and frame where the shifter cable was. The harness was stretched to tight over the cable housing that was plastic coated. It wore through the plastic to the metal then through the harness. Check there too if that was not the place as others have had that happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Tech Talk-
Jump to: