SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking at toyhaulers

Go down 
+5
BIG D 57
Gimpy
bush
stealth
ohsresq
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Looking at toyhaulers Empty
PostSubject: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 8:23 pm

I know I've talked to a few of you. But I'm looking at a forest river wolf pack. 24 pack 14+ or a Vengence 25V Any body have any experience good or bad with them or maybe suggestions on other brands.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 9:07 pm

I’ll hook you up with mine.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 10:37 pm

Stealths camper would be a good one!

But is your wanting new bumper pull check here
https://www.holmanrv.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventory#page=xNewInventory&vc=toy%20hauler

Or

https://www.rv007.com/inventory?curr_page=23#jt_15

You will be hard to find them cheaper
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 10:56 am

Your campers nice. Just setting up a fifth wheel for my truck is pricey with my narrow bed.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Hope you find what you are looking for. Like Bush said, Holman Brothers is hard to beat if they have what you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 10:29 am

Also look at rv nation in Hamiltion Couch rv ,they are hard to beat ,
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 pm

I've looked at Holman RV and Paul Sherry RV web sites both have what I'm looking for for about the same price. Just have to decide. Paul Sherry is 40 min and Holman is about an hour and a half. But also who can give me the best deal.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 8:34 pm

I have a Wolfpack 325 pack 13 and so far no real horror stories. Only some small issues that I fixed at home. I had looked at the bumper pull version with 13 ft garage at Holman and liked it but wife wanted the 5ver. I ended up buying from London, Ky. They were a little more expensive but they had it in stock and it wasn't the base model like Holman had.
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Just some food for thought. I have a Forest River 295 WP. I'm considering selling for 25K. We all know how a pocket full of president Franklin's has a way of persuading the mind of the seller.

I was going to also include the Super Slider hitch, from the back of my Dodge mega cab. Didn't want to pull the frame mounts for hitch, just the hitch. But, i guess due to President Franklin, i might be persuaded,,,,if you have a Dodge short bed.

The reason i chose this unit, initially, was because of the open floor plan and everything important, was oversize, ( ac, all water tanks, arctic package, hot water heater,). Also has 5k generator. I  also didn't have to worry about,,, " will the new machine fit". My Maverick Max fits fine along with grandsons atv.

It was my first RV and I've heard the horror stories from, "seasoned", RV owners. I can honestly say I've  been more than happy with this unit. I have replaced the motor for the electric awning, and magneto's, (spark coils), in generator. Other than that, life has been good.

Not trying to sell this to you, but just giving you some food for thought.  I will admit though, i am using this to pimp a sale to anyone who is reading. Also i am welcoming any questions, you might have, before you spend your hard earned cash on something. I don't believe there is a perfect set up for all we do. But it costs nothing to talk to all and come up with what you are truly going to do with a unit.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Jut saw you post CRS. I did make decision on one and the price is right. I was able to sell the cargo camper quicker than I expected but gives me more time to prep for spring ride. Still have to get a small trailer be to haul the rzr for maintenance and cleaning to the house from storage
Back to top Go down
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 10:05 pm

No biggie, was not trying to sell you my set up. I am in the market to sell mine, but i also know, it is not for you.

I was opening , or trying too, the conversation of toy hauler space/misconceptions, and also hitches for short bed trucks.

Glad you found what works for you and look forward to seeing you again as always.
Back to top Go down
hillbuggy
SSXSRider Member
hillbuggy

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 2:33 pm

I have a Forrest River Hyper Lite 24 for sale.  It is 1/2 ton towable and has plenty of room for a RZR.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Looking at toyhaulers Kimg1710.
So I made my decision. Pulls nice even with RZR. Has decent amount of room and should be nice for the two of us. Or just me
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 9:02 pm

Looks great Scott. We're glad you made the choice. Remember they are only worth the money, if you use them often.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 9:37 pm

Congratulations. Now go camping every chance you get. I'm thinking of going the pigeon forge this weekend. Camp sites are cheap this time of year and I can't do a whole lot with a 5lb lifting restriction. So why not.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 10:48 pm

I plan on it. Can also bring the pups too so that will pay for a trip not boarding them
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 12:03 am

Congrats
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 pm

bush wrote:
Congratulations.  Now go camping every chance you get.  I'm thinking of going the pigeon forge this weekend.  Camp sites are cheap this time of year and I can't do a whole lot with a 5lb lifting restriction. So why not.

Wish I didn't volunteer to be a color guard at a 4th Degree Exemplification for the K of C's in Radcliff KY this weekend I would have met you there. Need to try out the new truck. We are working the river Flooding hard at work too.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 3:06 am

Gimpy wrote:
bush wrote:
Congratulations.  Now go camping every chance you get.  I'm thinking of going the pigeon forge this weekend.  Camp sites are cheap this time of year and I can't do a whole lot with a 5lb lifting restriction. So why not.

Wish I didn't volunteer to be a color guard at a 4th Degree Exemplification for the K of C's in Radcliff KY this weekend I would have met you there.  Need to try out the new truck.  We are working the river Flooding hard at work too.

That's my main reason for wanting to go is test out the truck. I'm only 2 1/2 hr away from pigeon forge so let me know if you go and wouldn't mind company.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 8:41 pm

bush wrote:
Gimpy wrote:
bush wrote:

Wish I didn't volunteer to be a color guard at a 4th Degree Exemplification for the K of C's in Radcliff KY this weekend I would have met you there.  Need to try out the new truck.  We are working the river Flooding hard at work too.

That's my main reason for wanting to go is test out the truck.  I'm only 2 1/2 hr  away from pigeon forge so let me know if you go and wouldn't mind company.

I probably can't leave the county.  I have some of my inspectors working nights and some of the day on pump duty trying to get the water over the floodwalls, meaning we are all working our butts off on that and trying to answer the other normal issues.  Some people think we are GOD.

If you go, have fun and don't mess up the back anymore.
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber
SSXSRider Member
aweisgarber

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 7:02 am

bush wrote:
Gimpy wrote:
bush wrote:

That's my main reason for wanting to go is test out the truck.  I'm only 2 1/2 hr  away from pigeon forge so let me know if you go and wouldn't mind company.
Riverslanding Campground is our favorite.It was all new last year.Very nice campground and very good people.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 6:58 pm

bush wrote:
Gimpy wrote:
bush wrote:

I'll be down there April 5-8. We usually go twice a year but stay over in Townsend. Much more our pace and a lot less traffic.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 7:00 pm

Reeko wrote:
bush wrote:
Gimpy wrote:
bush wrote:

I'll be down there April 5-8.  We usually go twice a year but stay over in Townsend.  Much more our pace and a lot less traffic.

Reeko, can they take larger trailers there? Mine is not as big as Bush's. Mine is 35 feet.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Gimpy wrote:
Reeko wrote:
bush wrote:
Gimpy wrote:
bush wrote:

I'll be down there April 5-8.  We usually go twice a year but stay over in Townsend.  Much more our pace and a lot less traffic.

Reeko, can they take larger trailers there?  Mine is not as big as Bush's.  Mine is 35 feet.

Yeah, we usually stay at what is now the KOA over in Townsend. Mine is 41' so it is about max since very few are pull thru sites. I usually stay in the deluxe sites as they are only a few dollars more than the rest. Best time is in the summer though. $10 and you can raft all day and they shuttle you back up the river.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 9:25 pm

We ended up staying home.

Last few times we went we stayed at river plantation. If you know the back roads it's not bad.  I hate going on the weeks tho.  Next time we go i will go check out some that was suggested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking at toyhaulers   Looking at toyhaulers Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking at toyhaulers
Page 1 of 1