SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Extended warranty or not?

Go down 
+2
wvyankee2
AIRBORNE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Extended warranty or not? Empty
PostSubject: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 12:03 pm

I am just curious about your opinions on an extended warranty with the Rhino. I have a guy up north who sells the extended warranty for the Rhino for 500 bucks for the 4yr warranty (3-1/2 in addition to the factory), and I just wanted to see....have you guys had any warranty issues/ work done on your Rhinos? I had the Suzuki extended warranty on my first King Quad, then I got a refund when I totalled it. I opted to not get the extended warranty on the second King due to Suzuki not having a good track record for covering repairs. This Rhino is my first Yamaha, and I am just curious to hear some stories (good/bad) about their warranty work and customer service.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 1:10 pm

Only advice I could give is not to buy an extended warranty from anyone but Yamaha. I have heard horror stories. The way you take care of your equipment LT I would keep the money in your pocket. On a well taken care of machine, if it doesn't break in the first 6 months it most likely wont.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:36 pm

Look on ebay, search ebay motors under extended warranties, ive found the best deals there, its not a bad investment because most times yamaha only gives you 6 months, unless you ride it everyday for those 6 months doubtful anythig breaks by then.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 10:10 pm

I did not buy the extended warrenty with my rhino.
i figure if something broke i can just fix it my self.

as marty said its most likely going to break in the first 6 months.
like my fan motor at winrock. the yamaha tech said it was just
a faulty fan from the factory. so after getting the bugs worked out.
it should be fine. keep your money. your going to need it. with all the mods
you want..... :D
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 11:11 pm

i didnt get it becasue warranty work they do everything they can do/find to say its your fauly so they dont have to cover it i opted out besides you can usually fix it faster and cheaper yourself or like my friend own a repair shop and he does a better job and cheaper/faster

also the stealers higher whoever to work on your ride i mean how many times do ppl at the dealers have no idea what part your talkin about so not worth it 2cents
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 11:30 pm

The one thing that scares me is I bought the machine, rode it several miles, and now it is going to just sit till after the factory warranty runs out. I would hate to come home and start riding every weekend (Like I plan to) and then things start messing up and costing me a fortune. I know some guys have broken axles and rear ends and they replace them, no questions asked. A rear end going out would pay for the warranty in one repair. That is kinda how I look at it. But I know lots of my friends on Nyroc went through hell trying to get Suzuki to cover anything. I guess it is all in the dealer and what the repair is. I would just hate to not buy the warranty and then something really major tears up that would cost two-three times what the warranty would have cost me. Right now the thing has less than 150 miles on it.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 12:55 am

LT , i dont think you will have a problem. the biggest killer you have.
is letting it set. this is not good for any power equepment.
Get you wife to go out and crank it every once in a while and let it run
up to running temp. dont just let it set there.

Chris..... Wink
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:10 am

I have bought extended warrenties a couple of times on other stuff and used them only once. I dont know what the extended warrenty covers but I would almost bet its basic motor and drive train warrenty. These engines and drive trains should outlast almost every other moving part on the Rhino. With that said hell if it makes you more comfortable to get it.....I would get it. Peace of mind is well worth $500 bucks. Everyone who has commented has valid points so......cover your ass with the warrenty guy.

One other thing we could do for you is ship that biatch (at your expense of course) to each of our houses and we all could run it for you for a couple weeks a piece.....you know so it aint sitting. But fair warning I am rufffff as hell on a Rhino...JK main your situation is a hell of a lot different than any of ours.....do what gives you that piece of mind!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 2:25 am

Ya LT do what dave said. not only will it be broke in when you
get home. it will be wore out. and time for a new one..... :D
then you will have that warrenty you wanted.... :(lmao:

Chris...... cheers
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 6:24 am

That sure is a tempting offer. I did not know I had such good friends to look out for me while I was away Razz
The Rhino gets started up and ran a little, but I am telling you I will most likely ride the thing every weekend I am home, unless there is something preventing it. I would just really hate to go out and really be putting the miles on and then BANG....a rear end locked up or break an axle. The engine I am not too concerned about. I did the first oil change and I never go out riding without checking the oil, and I try to clean the air filter as much as possible. My concern is electrical problems, a computer going out (it happens), or a diff going out. I just really was concerned to know if Yamaha is better about honoring the warranty than Suzuki. The guy I would get the warranty thru is a Yamaha dealer, and the same guy I got my x-warranty on my green King. Not only that, but he was the one that helped me get a pro-rated refund when my King got totalled. So, I trust him 100%.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 6:55 am

LT , i dont know much about warrenty. all i can tell you is my experience.
4 hours from home my fan went out with only 32 miles on it. and the dealer
at winrock did not have a fan to fit an 08. so thay took a new 09 red armor
off the showroom floor tore it apart. and put the fan on my new rhino.
Free of charge , and got me back rideing.... cheers

PS- it was also closeing time on a saturday when thay did this.... Wink

So what does that say about yamahas warrenty and service.

I will never own nothing but a yamaha. thay are the King
in my book.... king

Chris.... :D
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 9:54 am

Well when i had motor problems they said bring it in and we'll look at it so i asked them if it turns out not to be covered will i have to pay yall just to tell me it aint covered and they said yes so i said no thnks and took it to my friends shop and it was just 2 bolts from the ex. cooling fan(fan acted as a spacer for bolts) so i woulda paid a boat load for nothinig, but of course every experience is different
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 9:56 am

If that had been Suzuki, they would have looked for a way to say that it was your fault, even though the machine was brand new. OR, they would tell you to drop it off and they will get around to looking at in 3 weeks. My start-in-gear option was not working on my King (around 100 miles) and the guy asked me if I had messed with my brakes (hand brake). When I told him no, his next question was, "Did you buy the bike here?" When I said no he told me to bring it down and they would get to it in a couple of weeks and evaluate whether it was covered under warranty. I ended up just taking the relay off so it would start in gear without it. I will never set foot in that dealer again, nor recommend any of the dealers around FT Campbell.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:03 am

well my local dealer Barneys hires just dumb arse kids who thinthey know what they are doin and just make things worse so i just take my stuff to C&J Motorsports(friends shop) and let him do it him and his guy who works from him i know very well adn know what they are doin.... but of course i try myself first anf i try hard before i fork out the dough for someone else to fix it
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 5:26 pm

I was so pleased with alcoa yamaha in knockville. and the way thay
treated me. i might buy my next machine from them.
and also not haft to pay taxes. being out of state..... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extended warranty or not?   Extended warranty or not? Empty

Back to top Go down

Extended warranty or not?
Page 1 of 1