SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhino snorkel question

Go down 
+6
Z28
shawnley1222
wvyankee2
Clutch
Admin
rcmass
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 12:16 pm

exactly my thoughts when I kept em seperate. thanks.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 12:47 pm

rcmass wrote:
exactly my thoughts when I kept em seperate. thanks.

Now, it works good on my Grizzly to redirect the belt exhaust as a hand warmer! lol!

Not sure if I'm going to leave my last couple fittings loose so I can redirect the exhaust on the Rhino for heat. I started it last weeked and pretty much wrapped it up last night except for the gluing of the fittings.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 11:01 pm

Alright, I finally finished my snorkels tonight. We did my buddy's Rhino the weekend before last and got started on mine but didn't finish. The good thing for me is I had a guinea pig. Here are a few pics:

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 P1010176-1

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 P1010174-1

and the album: https://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/TTB2000/Matt%20H/Rhino%20Snorkel%20Party/
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 11:05 pm

nice air filter 1st i think seeen with that... still got the 1 in the box? cause that would just be added filtirin/protection
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 11:23 pm

shawnley1222 wrote:
nice air filter 1st i think seeen with that... still got the 1 in the box? cause that would just be added filtirin/protection

The airbox is the middle snorkel. The one on the drivers side with the filter is the CVT intake. Many believe this is important in filtering the air going into your transmission. Hunterworks sells one that will fit the stock location. When I told Todd at HW he said he had one he was testing for something else that he thought would fit my snorkel. He was right, it fit perfectly. Still not sure how I'll position it, I haven't glued that joint yet. Need to get my seats in and see how everything works together.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 11:26 pm

well only point id say to that is make sure its lower so in case of water splashing or rain in wont go down the snorkel either straight down or on a downward angle
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 11:44 pm

shawnley1222 wrote:
well only point id say to that is make sure its lower so in case of water splashing or rain in wont go down the snorkel either straight down or on a downward angle

Yep, this isn't my first snorkeling job. I have a Grizzly and a Foreman that are both snorkeled. If you turn the inlets and outlets down, you should have to worry about rain. They are all facing rearward too so there shouldn't be much danger there either. You have a little margin for error to in that if you do get a little water in, it's not going to immediately affect the CVT unless you get a lot in. Pull the plug and it will drain out. Same goes for the airbox. You've got a little room in the bottom of the airbox that it won't suck into the carb unless you drown it good....same again, pull the clear drain on the bottom of the airbox and it will drain.

Obviously the apparatus is to prevent any water from entering. Barring going into a hole that you don't know what is there, it should keep you safe.....but, I came close on my Grizz the other weekend and got water into my tranny while washing it off in a lake by riding through it.....big drop off.

One other hand trick is to make yourself some plugs for when you wash it. That makes things a little easier as well.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 8:26 am

ya with the plugs then you can just go to town w/o having to watch where your spraying
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 9:17 am

nice work tiger - looks like some fine CU engineering... (my wife is a CU grad, and I was there 2 years - but still DAWG at heart)

Wheelin - this should all be in the how to section - great thread for folks wanting to see some skorkelin pics.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 10:03 am

rcmass wrote:
nice work tiger - looks like some fine CU engineering... (my wife is a CU grad, and I was there 2 years - but still DAWG at heart)

Wheelin - this should all be in the how to section - great thread for folks wanting to see some skorkelin pics.

Thanks Man!

If you're a Dawg fan, then you should be pumped up for this coming season. GA looks like they should be very, very good!

I'm somewhat excited with the players/recruits we have in the stable at Clemson.....just not confident with the guy leading them. At least the basketball team has been entertaining this year to take our mind off of football mediocrity.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 11:04 am

hey tiger u got number of bends and how much pvc ill need?
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 11:11 am

shawnley1222 wrote:
hey tiger u got number of bends and how much pvc ill need?

We wrote it down after doing my buddies first. After I cut my pipe and layed mine out, I gave it to another buddy who is looking to buy a Rhino soon. I'll see if he can email the list to me. It may require some changes for your particular Rhino (mine varied from my buddies a little), but it will be very close. The great thing is we have pipe measurements too. It will probably be Monday before I can get it to you though. I'm getting ready to head out the door to WV shortly.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 11:14 am

cool deal and what size pvc did you use for all of it? im gonna be gettin a filter also maybe before pvc but so if i snorkel first i wanst it to fit
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 11:31 am

I used 2" all the way...

I dotn have the list either - I bought a ton of different fitting from Lowes and returned what was unnessacary....here is a mock up pic

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 Rhino_mods_jpg_1.sized

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 Rhino_mods_jpg_2.sized

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 Rhino_mods_jpg_6.sized
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 11:32 am

why are some black and some white? paint?
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 11:40 am

I used all black pipe for finish - but had some old white lying around that I cut into the mock pieces - tossed em - and cut the black finish pieces straight and clean...

plus teh black drainage pipe OD fit a lil better in the rubber hose in and out of the belt case. Coming out of the air box is a 90Degree rubber bow

NOW I HAVE A QUESTION (just remembered it)

I put a billet intake and UNI filter in my air box...the billet intake cuase the rubber connector to the carb to bend a lil...not bad, but I would like to remove the bend and get mroe of a straight shot - any suggestions???

SEE THREAD IN THIS FORUM PLEASE.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:09 pm

rcmass wrote:
I used 2" all the way...

I dotn have the list either - I bought a ton of different fitting from Lowes and returned what was unnessacary....here is a mock up pic

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 Rhino_mods_jpg_1.sized

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 Rhino_mods_jpg_2.sized

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 Rhino_mods_jpg_6.sized

hey rc mass did the plastic pipe fit inside the fact rubber piece that come out from the belt housing??
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:57 am

yes, and the black drainage pvc 90 degree elbow with male end on both sides is the piece to use their
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:53 pm

rcmass wrote:
yes, and the black drainage pvc 90 degree elbow with male end on both sides is the piece to use their

looks like female?where the white pipe hooks to it at the back of motor?

u didnt make a list of parts did u ??

have u guys rejeted the carb??
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 7:08 pm

brainfart - sorry - female both ends on the 90 out of the cvt

list of parts - no sorry - just winged it - bought a bunch of different angles and returned what I didnt use

yes irejetted - but i also added a aftermarket intake and exhaust at the same time
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 1:12 pm

Dont you all hate those rainy sats in the garage!!!!!Thanks z 28 for the imput on the air box.i was after getting the cab quieter and cant believe the diff it made.nice clean hole in my engine cover should mean not much heat coming up or noise.and was also able to keep my goodie bag on the back cheers cheers

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 2010398780101874768S600x600Q85

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 2432986830101874768S600x600Q85

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 2234790930101874768S600x600Q85

Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 2166882590101874768S600x600Q85

did do my cvt box too.i just raised them right under the top of the bed.not sure how the exhaust line will work out .i was really just interested in getting rid of the cab noise.here is a link to the rest of the pics.they r about the last 3 pages on the album

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/562133510SSowkJ
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 1:29 pm

Very nice work MCB! Do you think it is restricting your airflow any. Any diff. in performance? I would be interested to see if you experience any difference in the look of your Spark Plug.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 2:13 pm

dont know yet.have only taken it up the road and back.no power loss that i can tell .going to check the plug shortly.shouldnt restict any air flow.real simular to z28s but i have a couple more 90s.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:45 pm

Nice work Craig..Real clean..I like it
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:52 pm

Wheelin wrote:
Nice work Craig..Real clean..I like it

Nick, didn't you have some performance issues when you snorkeled your Rhino?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino snorkel question   Rhino snorkel question - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino snorkel question
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next