SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Ride , How about Winrock in November

Go down 
+24
Bigg Bubba
RickV
RHINOKING
concours_greg
BCO
Foxfire
cajuncoot
GODAWGS
GunRunner
misterp
JoeDaddy
Thumper Vince
Mud-and-Guts
S
kykult64
Clayboy
AIRBORNE
Admin
BigMotts
bush
Big-R
rubicon05
shawnley1222
ChrisC
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 3:48 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Sweet.........maybe we can see what the VDI-equipped Rhino will do versus the Dyantek Rhino. Should be interesting to see the differences. Our bikes will be mostly equipped the same, except mine might be a little heavier due to the heater and harness bar. My tires are probably about the same weight as yours. Rider weight I am about 170 right now.......add the 12-18 beers and the water weight gain........maybe 180. We should line em up and give it a try.
lol! Chug Giterdone

LT , you got to drink alot of beer then , you are a little tike at 170..... :D
I weigh 240...... cheers
I need a weight break . you must load bricks in your rhino.... Razz
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 5:47 pm

Love to go. But damn the fuel prices. They would make me file chapter 11.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 7:25 pm

Hell , where i am the prices are not the problem.
the stations have no gas.... Shocked
thay all ran out. and because of Ike shipments are not comeing.... 😢
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:45 pm

Yeah Chris........maybe my cooler would make up the weight difference. I always bring a shitload of beer, but somehow it seems we never have quite enough. Yank had to bail me out in WV. We were a little better than halfway and the beer went dry. Sad
The day looked like it was going to take a turn for the worse, but he popped open his "trunk" on the Rhino.......my day got a little better Smiles

Yeah, I would like to see the difference in acceleration (if it is even noticeable) and how the VDI improves the low end of the high range.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:37 am

Let me know and I will try to ride. Also check this link out http://www.goochspowersports.com/2008tnmudfest.html sounds like we are planning on going (to close to home not to) also anyone here ever ride pickett state park?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
kykult64

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 12:41 pm

We ride that area some, but we always go in on the Albany, KY side and end up at the state park. I don't know where to go to start at Pickett. I am up for some good trail riding after the last GNCC.

Josh Starrett
Back to top Go down
Thumper Vince
SSXSRider Member
Thumper Vince

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 5:48 pm

I wanna go... I will be hunting in Ill. the weekend of the 21st so you just can't go that weekend. Pick another - so there.
Thumper (ready to go now) Vince
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:00 pm

Vince , i am sure we can work it out. Ronnie said he wanted to take some
friends. so we will see what the plan is later. I just wanted to keep something on the table.
Marty has a good plan for spring. :D but thats to far away for me to think about right now.
that a hafe a year. we need more group rides before then. and winrock
seems to be excessable to most people. it would be nice to go there in november.
and maybe somewhere in say jan or feb. then the spring ride..... cheers

That is if we still have gas.... 😢
around here it looks like it was in 73. gas lines all down the street.
most stations are out of gas.. Shocked i went and filled up everything at 3 AM
the other day as a tanker pulled up to the stations. spent over $300 in one night on gas.
it is a Dam mess here.

Chris.... Eat
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:18 pm

February is Evarts, KY. Or at least it is for me. I know Ronnie and Clay are coming, and Yank too I think.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:24 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
February is Evarts, KY. Or at least it is for me. I know Ronnie and Clay are coming, and Yank too I think.

I would go to Evarts, KY in feb.... cheers

ronnie and clay are going now.
but i got stuff to do.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 3:44 am

Airborne LT wrote:

Just waitin on the date brother and we'll be there!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 4:21 am

I hear ya. I am waiting on the "for-sure" date that my butt will be on a seat flying the hell out of here. I am looking at the weekend before Valentines Day, so hopefully it will not interfere with the RR "Sweetheart Ride" around V-Day. I know we had talked about a cabin and such with Ronnie. We will see what works. I know that February is the earliest I can safely plan on. In theory, I COULD be home in time for a January ride, but I would not bet the Rhino on it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 4:26 am

Let's keep it in Febuary cause I know you got some business to tend to at home! Like playin with the Rhino and stuff. Ha Ha!!!! I just can't wait! Might even talk a few others into joining us! We are gonna have a "Big" time!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 5:23 am

Clayboy wrote:
Let's keep it in Febuary cause I know you got some business to tend to at home! Like playin with the Rhino and stuff. Ha Ha!!!! I just can't wait! Might even talk a few others into joining us! We are gonna have a "Big" time!

Ya Clay , you got to remember , LT will have to get passed
that ,Uhmmmm..... Welcome home stuff..... cheers

Chris.... :(lmao:
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 8:47 am

Quote :
We ride that area some, but we always go in on the Albany, KY side and end up at the state park. I don't know where to go to start at Pickett. I am up for some good trail riding after the last GNCC.

Josh Starrett

Do you go in at the litte country store?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 9:13 am

hump drunken then more hump
Back to top Go down
Thumper Vince
SSXSRider Member
Thumper Vince

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 10:17 am

Evarts sounds good for me in Feb. Where the hell do you stay around there? I could camp, Virginia only camps at good motels) but I need a place to scrape the dirt off.
Vince
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:19 pm

Evarts has many many rentals. I have stayed at Black Mountain Cabins behind Buddy's Chevron and really like them. You can check out many more options here. http://www.kyoutdoors.org/Lodging.html
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 1:57 pm

I think the topic of a cabin came up before. I looked at a calender today. Looks like the weekend of Feb 6-8 would be the best as not to interfere with Valentines Day and the RR Sweetheart Ride. What are your all's opinions?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 11:54 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
I think the topic of a cabin came up before. I looked at a calender today. Looks like the weekend of Feb 6-8 would be the best as not to interfere with Valentines Day and the RR Sweetheart Ride. What are your all's opinions?

:hijacked:

Lets start a different thread for this topic guys. I do not want to look for days to find some info...
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 12:12 am

Good call R
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 11:37 am

Now I am still thinking about riding the Rock in November.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 12:18 pm

Windrock has been unlucky for me. First trip I ruined a brand new tire. Second trip my King Quad got totalled. Maybe third time is a charm..........sometime in spring?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Windrock is special to me. It is the first ride on the rhino for the wife and I.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 12:30 pm

Yeah, I would like to go back sometime. The Rhino would make it more fun I think.......especially once I get the winch installed and the lift kit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Ride , How about Winrock in November   Next Ride , How about Winrock in November - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Ride , How about Winrock in November
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next