SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need some advice

Go down 
+2
bush
AIRBORNE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:38 pm

Hey guys, as you know, I have been looking for a trailer. Well I found a dealer in KY that will sell me a brand new 6x12 with treated wood floors and a tailgate for 895. Does anyone know any dealer in WV or KY that can match or beat that. I just hate to jump in and buy one and be able to get it cheaper somewhere else. I called three dealers in Huntington yesterday and the cheapest I found was 1250. Do you guys know anyone that will match this KY dealer? I would like to find one in WV so my Dad could get it for me and bring it to FT Campbell when he moves Melissa back in January. What do yall think?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:49 pm

LT try this place. its about 30min from ky line in VA. dont think they have a wed site.

O'Quinn Trailer & Motor Company
(276) 395-5975
10746 Norton-Coeburn Rd, Coeburn, VA 24230
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Chris,

I took a trailer from work and rebuilt it. I have 1200 in it now and it looks like poo However, it is a solid trailer and it's a 14' deck.

If it is a good built trailer, I think that is a great price. I don't think Tractor Supply can beat that price.

2cents
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 10:37 pm

Thats a great price i paid a little under that for my 6x12 trailer new
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Check Northern-Tool if you've got one nearby LT.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:07 pm

Sounds like a good price to me since I heard the price of steel has went up.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:13 pm

He was running them at 995, then he dropped again to 895.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
He was running them at 995, then he dropped again to 895.

That's because of the economy I would think sales have been slow but his cost has not went down he is just wanting to make something than nothing.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:57 pm

Well, I have made up my mind to buy it. I just need to figure out how I am going to get it from Somerset, KY up to FT Campbell, or at the least to Lexington to my friend's house. Maybe if someone is going to Evarts in the next couple of months they would not mind to bring it up to Lexington, IDK. I will work something out. My little 4x6 trailer is not going to cut it for the Rhino. I need this 6x12.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:59 pm

im sure someone on here will be swingin through and maybe you can sweet talk em into it
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 12:02 am

Lt I go get it for you. Just let me know when you buy it.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 12:08 am

Well, the plan is to buy it tomorrow, but it could be picked up anytime. I was thinking about the long term.............. I will really need it before I head to Evarts in February. I am trying to figure out how to get it, then get it to FTCKY before the Evarts trip. Worst case scenario.......buy it, get it to Lexington (or Winchester maybe?), I borrow a trailer from someone to get the Rhino to Lexington or Winchester in February (bring two vehicles that far), then once the ride is over swing back through and pick up the second vehicle and trailer and bring them back to FTCKY. I don't know, there may be a better plan, but I can't really think of it right now. I don't think there would be any issues leaving it at somone's house for a couple of months, just want to be sure. I sincerely appreciate the offer. I am sure we can figure something out.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 4:47 am

I will help you out any way I can. You are welcome to keep it at my place in Winchester and Somerset aint too far for me.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 9:09 am

Thanks brother. I may take you up on that. I was going to call and buy it today but I ran into too much stuff to do. I plan on calling tomorrow and setting up the purchase and explaining to the guy that I have someone else picking it up for me. I know I will need it so I just need to suck it up and buy it.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 9:57 am

Just make sure to tell him the Full namr of the person picking it up and have him check I.D. cause you dont want someone gettin a free-bee Wink and i;m sure he dont either
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 11:04 am

Good idea. That is what I did when I bought my big enclosed. My friend's Dad picked it up from the manufacturer in GA. He checked his ID and everything!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some advice
Page 1 of 1