SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

no forward or reverse

Go down 
+5
shawnley1222
bush
Gary
ChrisC
rat123
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rat123

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-16

no forward or reverse Empty
PostSubject: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 5:41 am

Hi
I have no forward or reverse on my rhino. I just got a clutch kit installed about a week ago. Could this be the cause of it? I also have a noise in the back brake. When I jam on brakes it makes a clunk noise. Has anybody else have this problem. This noise also started after clutch was installed
thanks
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 6:19 am

if you have no foward or reverse. sounds like the belt
is loose and slipping. i wonder if the nut came loose on the sheave.
I am sure pate or others that have had it apart should be able to shed
more light on this.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 7:41 am

just wondering if it is a older model an the rear dif is bad an the chunk u hear when hitting brakes is the drive shaft when it stops turning.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 8:30 am

if you just put a clutch kit in last week one of the nuts on the clutch pullys may have backed off . take cover off and check before you run it any more!!! and if the nuts are still tight check the roller weighs ,they may have came out of there track in the sheave.

for the clunk noise check the two bolts at the rear diff. they come loose often and check them after every ride.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 8:57 am

and double check the linkage make sure it is actually engaging the transmission
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 9:04 am

...and see if you still have beer in the cooler......Eatcocolol!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:31 am

Its your imagination, rhinos never have problems just ask chris lol! Its almost a sure bet if youve been messing with it and now it dont move its something related to what was done.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:44 am

Was if ok before the clutch install??? Did it move at all after the clutch install???
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 11:14 am

GunRunner wrote:
Its your imagination, rhinos never have problems just ask chris lol! Its almost a sure bet if youve been messing with it and now it dont move its something related to what was done.

lol!

Brother, I can say one of two things has happened.
1) Your main big nut holding your primary has come off and the primary sheave face was not fully threaded on the splines of the output shaft OR
2) You got lots of grease on your primary sheave face and belt.

I would take that apart pronto, and make sure the nut is where it should be. If you don't, you will be sorry. If it is just grease, use Westleys Bleche White to clean it all up really good. You should be fine.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 9:11 pm

GunRunner wrote:

Gunny if the nut came loose on the clutch
after work was just done to it. How is it the Rhino's
Fault..... Razz

There ant nothing made that wont break.... Wink

Chris.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 9:29 pm

I would check the linkage between the shifter and the trans first and make sure that bolt didn't come loose, I have seen it happen. My next step would be to take the belt cover off and see whats out of place there.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:47 pm

Neuromax wrote:
I would check the linkage between the shifter and the trans first and make sure that bolt didn't come loose, I have seen it happen. My next step would be to take the belt cover off and see whats out of place there.

I would do both check the linkage like I said orignally and double check the work on the clutch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no forward or reverse   no forward or reverse Empty

Back to top Go down

no forward or reverse
Page 1 of 1