SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Places to ride in SC and GA ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duramax

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Places to ride in SC and GA ? Empty
PostSubject: Places to ride in SC and GA ?   Places to ride in SC and GA ? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Mon. Nov. 3, 2008-
We are on vacation in Charleston, SC and would like to find some places to ride. Brought my rhino with me from Dallas. Will be here 4 days and then on to Savannah. Would like to ride around there also. Then heading back towards Tx. and again, wold like to find places to ride on the way. Any help appreciated. Thanks Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Places to ride in SC and GA ?   Places to ride in SC and GA ? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:33 pm

Back to top Go down
c5tiger

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Places to ride in SC and GA ?   Places to ride in SC and GA ? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 11:40 am

There are no good public trails for a rhino near Charleston. I am local to the area and can help you find a place to ride, or you could meet me and ride at my place which is a hour from Charleston if you like. I will help any way I can - Mark (803) 496-3535
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Places to ride in SC and GA ?   Places to ride in SC and GA ? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 8:39 pm

c5tiger wrote:
There are no good public trails for a rhino near Charleston. I am local to the area and can help you find a place to ride, or you could meet me and ride at my place which is a hour from Charleston if you like. I will help any way I can - Mark (803) 496-3535

thats a southern sxs rider right there....send that man a sticker! cheers
Back to top Go down
Duramax

PostSubject: Re: Places to ride in SC and GA ?   Places to ride in SC and GA ? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 9:49 pm

Mark! Thanks for the great offer. It looks like I will have to decline your generous offer. Recieved a call from my daughter in law saying that my son has been hospitalized with chest pains. My wife thinks we need to be there so we will be cutting things short and heading back to Dallas. You are quite a guy to step up and offer to take someone riding that you have never met. That is what makes riding atvs so great. You meet great people everywhere you go and they often end up in long term friendship. I wish I could return the favor but we also have very little public land in Tx. Most riding area are few and far apart and are commerical. There is some good mud riding in east Tx. and some dunes in west Tx. In '03, our legislature put riding in creeks and rivers off limits. Enviromentalists convinced them that we were polluting the water. That really hurt a lot of the commerical operators that had rivers on their places. Sorry about climbing on the soap box. Anyway, thanks again, and take care.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Places to ride in SC and GA ?   Places to ride in SC and GA ? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 11:33 pm

Dura,
Ever been to Muenster??? It's north past Texas Motor Speedway. Great place, not all that far from Dallas. Also there's Barnwell mtn. I've still got a T-Shirt from there. when I belonged to TX4X4.........Not what we here call a mountain but hills anyway. There's also 360, off 360, probably closed down by now it was a renagade place.............lots of mud.

Places to ride in SC and GA ? K1c4er
Back to top Go down
Duramax

PostSubject: Re: Places to ride in SC and GA ?   Places to ride in SC and GA ? EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 9:31 am

We go to Muenster most of the time. About 120 miles from home. We also go to Rocky Ridge but it is not a large place but only 75 miles. Barnwell Mtn. is about 130 miles. 360 is only about 45 minutes but it has been a long time since I was over that way. I have heard that they have pretty much shut it down. They were issuing $800 tickets for trespassing but have not spoken to anyone that has recieved one. It was a fun place. There is good riding about 120 miles east of us at Longview. Gator Run, Fun Wheeler Park and a few others. Lots of mud. The last two winters, we have gone to AZ. and Glamis, Ca. I am jealous of those that live in that part of the world. I just wished we had of made it to Hatfield-McCoy and Winrock when we were up that way. Maybe next year. We will be back to this part of the country. We had never been to the eastern part of the US.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Places to ride in SC and GA ?   Places to ride in SC and GA ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Places to ride in SC and GA ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: