SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok Who gets to ride??

Go down 
+4
Wingman
FLY TRAP
Admin
GunRunner
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Ok Who gets to ride?? Empty
PostSubject: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 2:59 pm

Is the first forum ride where only supporting members are invited or is this a free for all and anybody can come? Just wondering, not much since in joining the club if anybody gets to come on all the rides I guess is what I mean. :pirat:
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Id like it to be just the supporting members but if someone wants to come that planes on joining thats fine too :D

Last edited by on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 3:21 pm

well if they intend to join, they can pay and get there decal before we head out then. :albino:

You know its a better ride when you dont have a ton of people, and everyone is up to speed cause they are here and know whats going on. IMO, but Im for inviting prospects who want to join. I just wondered what this first ride would be like, forum members or like the other one where everyone was invited, sxs or not.
Back to top Go down
FLY TRAP

FLY TRAP

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 5:15 pm

So if I have a couple of friends show up that have rhinos thinking about joining the forum, and they don't join before the ride they cant go?
and if my son and daughter come and bring ATV's and don't join they don't ride?

I understand wanting to have members only but if you keep potencial members from going and not seeing what the club is like we will seam like a bunch of snobs.

and if you we want UTV's only why did we let people with ATV's join the forum?

IMO we should be open to all, because the ATV riders may become UTV riders once they ride with us!

Before this gets turned to hell and back I'm just asking questions and giving my opinion these things we need to decide.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 5:46 pm

I did not mean they couldnt go, just if they wanted to join they could do it then rather than by the mail. I dont think anyone is talking about not inviting family either. I just asked because , windrock and others have member only rides and was this first offical ride one of those or not.
Back to top Go down
FLY TRAP

FLY TRAP

Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 5:54 pm

I guess we will have to ask the man with the big fuzzy wheels
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 6:20 pm

we are friendly ..Im not goin to tell my friends that THEY CANT GO IF THERE NOT A MEMBER! Im not like that .

I made this forum so i could meet up with other sxs riders and have a great time..If you have friends that want to come bring them cheers

Alot of ppl cant afford a sxs but might someday :D Plus ..think what ppl would think if we said..No SxS NO GO 😢

*****ALL IS WELCOME TO RIDE WITH US !!!!!!!!******* We are Friendly People lol!

Last edited by on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 6:36 pm

imo,i think a forum member ride is for everybody on the forum to get together and ride,cookout or whatever and have some fellowship.we all enjoy doing what we do.i think it would be rude to tell somebody they cant come member or not!!! this goes for the others to!!!i would hope that if somebody goes thats not a member,will see how nice us bunch of guys r and want to be a part of us.why would somebody want to join our forum and and ride with us if they didnt know us.we might be a bunch of drunks that try to take pics of everybody wife and lur them to chatsworth for fun!! lol! lol!
i vote that if someone wants to come,let em come.LETS RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 6:42 pm

I say members only and on the ride if we don't like the members ..... we vote'em off the island! lol! Just kidding!!!!!!!!! I am just a private in this army!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 6:44 pm

yup, i vote for anyone... b/c everyone that does not have a sxs or is not a member.. is a potential member.

let's all ride... :afro:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 6:52 pm

you have spoke the gospel cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 6:56 pm

Wheelin wrote:
you have spoke the gospel cheers

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Z28

Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 7:26 pm

Wheels wrote:
yup, i vote for anyone... b/c everyone that does not have a sxs or is not a member.. is a potential member.

let's all ride... :afro:

LET'S RIDE!!!! :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 7:37 pm

Dang Let's go RIDEEE Laughing I have some friends that will probably come ride and join the forum :) Just want be talking to them much on puter as not there bag but wil join because they enjot Riding and be with Friends and Meeting new friends Plus when they join the can get a COOL DECAL lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 8:03 pm

RSR... the Decal sold me on this membership... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 8:05 pm

the decal scratch i thought it was bc all yall loved me so much lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 9:22 pm

rhinomcb wrote:
we might be a bunch of drunks that try to take pics of everybody wife and lur them to chatsworth for fun!! lol! lol!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who would that be.................The Pimp maybe Razz Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 12:35 pm

rhinomcb wrote:
imo,i think a club ride is for everybody in the club to get together and ride,cookout or whatever and have some fellowship.we all enjoy doing what we do.i think it would be rude to tell somebody they cant come member or not!!! this goes for the other clubs to!!!i would hope that if somebody goes thats not a member,will see how nice us bunch of guys r and want to be a part of us.why would somebody want to join our club and and ride with us if they didnt know us.we might be a bunch of drunks that try to take pics of everybody wife and lur them to chatsworth for fun!! lol! lol!
i vote that if someone wants to come,let em come.LETS RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just asking because if you look on winrock atv club forum they have some rides listed as "Members Only" same with other clubs. To be honest, I like the way we run Team Emerson and the way the Soggy bottom boyz do it to. NO Dues to join, 20.00 is not a lot of money but really what is it for? A decal, we could have done that anyway with guys who wanted them paying 15.00 the extra cash going toward website fees which if I remember was only 60.00 a year. I sure hope my 20.00 was for a lifetime membership! Because once the word is out that there is no advantage or nothing special about being a member and anybody can come ride, why would they join? To be honest, if you want to grow the club, you need something that is "Members Only" to attract people to joining, IMO anyway. :D
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 12:49 pm

I agree - but only to a point - the website is a minimal fee - but the time it takes to run it and keep it up is a lot.

Member only rides would be cool, when the club is large enough that organizing these rides is a pain in the ass, BUT with the caveat a member could invite a guest if they want to see what the club is and then join. It seems right now that club rides are posted and whomever wants to show will,a nd ride and be merry. But when large enough - there may only be limited camp spots - or have a member only pig jig or something like that.

The infancy stages of any club are always the toughest to manage - right now you have to remember that seting up infrastructure is key for LONG term club management. Plus - being one of the "original" members is a privelage Wink

Of course though this is also why I dont belong to my local atv clubs and really limit myself

Last edited by on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 12:57 pm

gunny if you dont want to join i'll refund your money..i dont want anyone here that doesnt want to be here..
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 5:40 pm

Wheelin wrote:
gunny if you dont want to join i'll refund your money..i dont want anyone here that doesnt want to be here..

I love the idea of a sxs club Im just asking questions that others are thinking. Maybe you miss my point, do you know ( and I did not)that when you take in money that you open your self up to problems including, the IRS? I just read about windrock atv clubs IRS woes they are dealing with cause they did not file taxs for 7 years affraid I just was thinking we can have a great club without the whole money thing. The club needs so little of it to do what is needed. To answer rcmass about the website being a lot of work, yes it is but to what Ive heard none of the money collected was to be paid for that. In the future maybe atvrick or others doing it will want to be paid for their hard work, thats for them to say. If It were me (as in just my opinion) I would try and sell some web space to cover the forum costs, have no dues and just enjoy riding with whoever showed up. That said its not my call as I am just a paid member and leave the running of the club to those who choose to shoulder the responsibility. Im kool with however you want to do things Nick. :D cheers

Last edited by on Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 6:17 pm

some of the money i have taken in IS GOIN TO THE WEBSITE! im sending rick a check because he paid for the website from his pocket..ALSO the club money has went to decals..None of this stuff is free :| I have taken in $240 worth of club dues so far..Some ppl are still sending checks . The decals were $10 bucks a peace..plus givin rick some for the website..

I want to have this club grow..and i dont think $20 bucks is to much ..

I see your point about "why should someone join if they can still ride with us for free" but the reason for them riding for free is so that they will see how cool we are and want to join cheers

ANY money that is in the club account will not be touched..

If we decide to do something for the club using the club money it will be talked about AS A CLUB!!!!

I think im being very fair about all of this !!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 8:33 pm

The question is, what is the club, and what will it be in the future. There are no bylaws or constitution, no official anything ( except Wheelin and Rick king ) Another words, what this club is, are a bunch of guys who are getting together to establish a SideXSide forum that is proactive in group get togethers. The key word is establish. Once this site gets really rolling, there will be no need for dues, and everyone will be able to buy decals or T-shirts for a fee if they choose. The current Club members are the pioneers of this forum, and this forum and web site needs a little cash to get goin. Once established, it will take care of itself. We ( the original members are provideing resources to make this a reality. that is all the money is for. As far as Official Club Rides, we shouldn't have any. We should have unofficial club rides. Official club rides carry liability that none of us want. Clubs are exclusive, people need to be accepted into them. We will never have that here. Everyone is welcome, until they wear out their welcome, and at that point they will be told. So, this Club that we talk about is just a group of people who want to get this site going by donateing a little cash, and some a lot of time ( thanks) for our and future members enjoyment. So, bottom line is anyone can come to any Club function, just some of us will choose to pay and some wont. Thats Ok, after meeting us, they will probably want a cool $20.00 decal. People will either be proud to display the LOGO or not. I hope that we do all we can to make them want to DISPLAY the LOGO Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 8:50 pm

very well put cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 8:58 pm

cheers

hey i got a new sig THANKS NICK!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok Who gets to ride??   Ok Who gets to ride?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok Who gets to ride??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next