SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello all new to this board

Go down 
+9
dorton
ChrisC
Clayboy
AIRBORNE
Admin
Big-R
bush
shawnley1222
dixiecop28
13 posters
AuthorMessage
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Hello all new to this board Empty
PostSubject: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:32 pm

hey guys got a question for ya. I have posted this question on the Holler Crawlers site as well. I am thinking of trading in my Arctic Cat 650 V2 and getting a Rhino. My question is do you guys miss your quads or do you have just as much fun on the Rhino? Thanks for any help you can give.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:46 pm

First of all welcome and I dont really miss my old quads the rhino is just as fun if not more
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:52 pm

welcome

i still have my atv but i never ride it. and i will never buy another atv. unless its a sport atv. plan sell the attv and buy another sxs next year sometime
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 10:21 pm

Hey dixiecop28,

glad you found the site. The Rhino is much easier on the body as you get older. I sure WVyankee2 will chime in and give you his $0.02. He has expressed the difference between the two.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 10:57 pm

welcome man
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 11:06 pm

Rhino is more fun for group rides, IMO. It is also more useable for hunting and chores. I still love my King Quad for going fast, but the SxS is definitely the way to go.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 5:09 am

cheers welcome You wont miss the quad!
Back to top Go down
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 5:27 am

thanks for the input guys. I guess the main reason I want to get one is because the wife would much rather look at the scenery then drive a quad and I figure that way I would get to take more trips lol. I know they would be different to drive, but do they feel alot more unstable over a quad? I might be able to use that as an excuse for the wife though that i need alot of practice on the thing so she would feel safe and that means more trips. once again guys thanks for the info. one more thing if you guys get a chance check out our club's website. I got some videos and pictures from the trips we have taken. Ohio Puddle Jumpers
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 6:25 am

I am done with 4 wheeler. its side x side only for me.
Rhino will go anywhere if not more places than a Quad.
you will love it...... cheers
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 6:52 am

Agreed. You will have more fun with the SxS, especially if you want to bring your wife along.
Back to top Go down
dorton

dorton

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 7:13 am

With my rhino, after riding 2 stroke dirt bikes, multiple sports, and utilities for years, I can honestly say I really have little to no desire to go back to a quad.

On a atv or dirt bike a 60-80 mile day would make me feel like I had just got a beating, on the rhino after a hundred mile day, the only thing I would wish for would be another day of riding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dorton_
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 10:43 am

After buying my first quad in 1986 and owning many makes and models for 22 years I would not trade my RZR for any quad made.The nice thing about the RZR is the power is still there and it's a blast to drive 2cents
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 1:52 pm

What type of riding do you like to do on your ATV?
Back to top Go down
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 7:03 pm

usually on the trails I do a little of both. some fast riding and other time I slow down looking at the scenery. The one thing i really dont care for is rocky steep trails.
Back to top Go down
recon33alpha

recon33alpha

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 7:33 pm

glad dixie asked the question, I have been wondering the same thing. My wife doesn't want a quad of her own, and won't really ride on back with me. The RZR-S is looking pretty inviting with the upgraded supension and all?? Just don't know if I can get away from a quad,,, what about wheelies, anyone miss those?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:08 pm

Recon, I know I love to rip and run with my King Quad, and I am a big fan of wheelies. But, if you want to include someone in the riding with you, the SxS is the only way to go. You have seatbelts, roll cage, you can add a stereo, haul a cooler no problem. I love the Rhino so far (even though I have only had it out on three trail rides) and I could not see me getting rid of it and getting the wife another four wheeler. The RZR has made some awesome improvements. Depending on what the Army and the future holds for me, the RZR may be the next thing that is sitting in my garage. I still have not driven one or been on the trail with one, so I want to test one out in the spring on some of these rides. I will know by summer if I am going to take the plunge or not. I would say the fun factor of a RZR would make you forget about wheelies on that Brute Force, IMO.
Back to top Go down
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:34 pm

i had thought about getting the rzr because they seem to have a beter center of gravity and speed but the only thing i do not like about it is how small the bed is. I would like to be able to use a side by side for some yard work and cutting wood along with trail riding. thats why i am leaning towards the rhino.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 pm

I really liked flat out hauling ass on the trails with a big bore utility quad. I had a Kingquad 700 before the rhino. I do miss being able to do that, but the pros outweigh the cons with the Rhino. I dont regret going to the sidexside, but I do miss my ATV from time to time. I just dont ride enough to justify having both.
Back to top Go down
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:48 pm

wvyankee you and me are in the same boat i would love to keep both but i just dont ride enough to justify it. especially up in northwest ohio you can only ride flat land for so long and it gets boring.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 9:36 pm

Ive wheelied my rhino Smiles
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 10:57 pm

shawnley1222 wrote:

Why does this not surprise me Laughing
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 11:00 pm

Big-R wrote:
shawnley1222 wrote:

Why does this not surprise me Laughing

What Question

drunken drive peppers
Back to top Go down
recon33alpha

recon33alpha

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 5:07 pm

I JUST DON'T KNOW.....LMAO,,,,ITS KILLING ME
Back to top Go down
RZRSguy

RZRSguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 1:17 am

I had a sport quad and a rhino. After purchasing the rhino I sold th quad quickly. I miss my sport about 15 minutes a year. The S X S is in my opinion the only way to ride. I can say I would quit riding if I didn't have a S X S. I have ridden may a 80-100 mile day and like someone else said, the only thing I said when I was done is where and how far are we going tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello all new to this board   Hello all new to this board Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello all new to this board
Page 1 of 1