SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok, guess I'll fess up

Go down 
+9
ChrisC
bush
Foxfire
Clayboy
AIRBORNE
wheelin's girl
Neuromax
wvyankee2
GunRunner
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 7:39 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Thanks Bobby, Im a nut when it comes to buying something, I want to know all about it, assess its good and bad points before deciding. After much research and a fondness for Polaris i decided it was what I wanted to buy. Then the research turned to what it needed to be like i want it to be, you know the extras! lol! I have a big pile of stuff waiting for me to install it and some more things on the way. Chris go to freedom powersports and ask for Jimmy, he will let you ride one, :D

I have never owned anything I like better or had as much fun with and I read all I could on them too before I bought mine and I knew about the dirt injestion problem and that's why I bought the ext warranty which I never do.I'm just a little disappointed with the it being in the shop again so soon.I really don't want to get rid of it because there is nothing else out there to buy any better that's like the RZR IMO.I just want to ride ride ride lol! I keep looking at the bright side which is I don't owe anything on it but I don't want to have to pay for motor work in the near future because I doubt if Polaris will fix it again 😢
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Bobby you should insist on a real rebuild this time call polaris if you have too. They are doing them i read several guys getting the full deal bottom end and all. Only way it stops using oil is to seal it up with a bore job and new pistons and rings. I would insist Mad
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 7:49 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Hell no , i want to ride yours..... Smiles

You will have to wait its not going anywhere till its transformed lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 7:51 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Bobby you should insist on a real rebuild this time call polaris if you have too. They are doing them i read several guys getting the full deal bottom end and all. Only way it stops using oil is to seal it up with a bore job and new pistons and rings. I would insist Mad

I think I will call tomorrow and see if it does any good.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Bobby , Gunny is right. if thay just hone it and put new rings in.
you will be in the same boat in no time. Sad

you should really insist on a full rebuild from the ground up.
or a new motor swap. What thay are doing is putting a bandaid
on the problem to get by. someday that warrenty will run out.
and you know that will be big bucks. if it did not last a hafe a year.
you know you ride alot. you know it will happen again. specialy
if its not done right. Rolling Eyes

what thay need to do is install a 09 motor with the
complete 09 air filter system..... Wink
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:02 pm

Also , dont call the dealer. you need to call polaris motor company.
you need to talk to someone that has the power to help you.

Sqeeky wheel gets the grease as thay say. make yourself heard..... rant2

Last edited by ChrisC on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:05 pm

bobby
if it needs a topend rebuild again i would want a new motor or the bottemend done also. if enuff dirt got in to need a rebuild the bearings and seals need to be replaced also.

hope everything works out for you bobby. and let me know when you get it back, im ready to ride.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:17 pm

Bobby,

IMO, I would get it fixed and sell it. Buy a new 09 RZR if you want but I would get rid of that one. I am not A po po fan because of your story. I have heard it many times over. We have a friend that has an 09 and he broke a motor mount. He is getting a new engine. However, I have a friend that has a 90 model po po four wheelers that are still kick-in. So they have good machine just not the one you have.

I would no longer have faith in the future of that machine. 2cents

Bobby D wrote:
I keep looking at the bright side which is I don't owe anything on it but I don't want to have to pay for motor work in the near future because I doubt if Polaris will fix it again 😢

Last edited by Big-R on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:26 pm

I agree. I would make them put in a whole new motor. If they do that, you will be good and make the changes Gunny suggested. Or, you could always trade it in on a new one, which the problems are supposedly fixed.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
roadtrip

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:35 pm

congrats Gunny
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Hay LT you are still with us...... cheers
I thought you were getting cut off last night.... :D
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:21 pm

thanks roadtrip, welcome to our little well not so little anymore family!
Back to top Go down
roadtrip

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:26 pm

thanks Gunny,looking forward to ridin with all of you!!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:12 pm

It is a funny thing. I am still hooked up to the internet even though the guy flew home yesterday and turned off service to the satellite. I am not complaining..........I like to get on here and watch everyone give you hell about your Rhino soapboxing Laughing

It really does suck that you are going to have to get another rebuild Bobby. My Honda was always running strong when my buddies' Polaris bikes would be in the shop. I was always happy with the reliability thing. I like to able to go ride when I get the time, not sitting wishing my toy was not in the shop. Hopefully this time around you can do some other measures to prevent it from happening again. Or, you could give in to Chris' mind tricks and go out and buy a Rhino..... lol!

Hope you get it back in a timely manner so you are back out on the trails. I want to see you at WW in March. We need a seasoned "Outlaw Trail" guide.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:16 pm

BTW, if the dealer gives you the run around, I know some Suzuki folks that got results by going straight to corporate. The King Quad had some early transmission issues and air filter issues which led to motors prematurely giving out. Some dealers did not want to cover it but after some arguments to corporate, some guys on NYROC got their motors rebuilt for free even though it was out of factory warranty.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:50 pm

No mind tricks from Me LT. :D if this motor shit keeps up
he will he will change his own mind... Wink

I said it a 1000 times , I know it is a little fast.
But it would not be worth all this trouble..... No

I just hope thay step to the plate and help
him fix it right..... allright
Back to top Go down
roadtrip

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 1:02 am

Gunny whats going on?I am checking for an update??Is it out of the Batcave yet??
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:29 am

Not yet, Block off kit installed, keeps mud and dust out of cab area, front end back on and pre-runner front bumper and hella spot lights installed. Going to pull the bed and start my mods on the air intake and checking out the sealing of all the air ducts.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 10:41 am

nopics come on Gunny....I want to see some more pic's of that RZR Cat!!! Yahoo :(lmao: :(lmao:
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 8:51 pm

Soon as you show us some of the 1000 cat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok, guess I'll fess up   Ok, guess I'll fess up - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok, guess I'll fess up
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2