Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!


 
GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

When do you want to have a Moab, Utah group get together for the Moab UTV Rally?
May 9-19 2008
30%
 30% [ 3 ]
May 2009
70%
 70% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10
 

AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 57
Location : Cabell Co., West Virginia

PostSubject: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:58 pm

Lets all give our opinion here. Time is a wastein for this year. This could be us folks.





Got Rock Crawlin cheers





Got Dune Ridin cheers



Last edited by on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:31 am

I went ahead an put a vote in for May of this year. I thought the event was later in the year but May is good. Just need to see if we can get at least a small group from this SxS Riders group ready to go. Then start planning a big convoy out next year.

I just got to see if I can get Vacation Time\ Personal Time approved off for those days! Is that the second week in May. I am betting Inventory will be the first week in May and that is mandatory no way I could get vacation the first week.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 57
Location : Cabell Co., West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:50 pm

So far, doesn't seem to be much interest Sad
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:42 pm

i'd like to go... but, i'm not sure i could pull it off this may. I know i could pull it off in May of 09 though.

looks like it would be a fun trip.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21
Age : 44
Location : In the South

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:19 pm

id love to but couldnt afford it No

_________________
SouthernSxSRiders Administration
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:29 pm

When my now 2-3/4 year-old is 6, I'll be able to go...........maybe. Untill then I'll stick around here, thanks for the invite tho!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:44 pm

Just a post to keep this topic up there. Are we just going to wait and see about getting a group together for May 2009. Probably be the best bet then everyone has plenty of time to get things arranged.

wvYankee2 whats your call on it since you started the discussion? Need to get an official MOAB UTV RALLY thread started and Stickied. Keep the discussion alive so everyone remembers this upcoming event. Should be some awesome riding out there.

wvyankee2 how long did it take you all to drive out there last year? Probably would take about 1.5-- 2 days I would guess.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 57
Location : Cabell Co., West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Rick, I havn't givin up on this year yet. I've got reservations at the Sleep inn at Moab, from May 11-17. It will be 1700 miles, and 29 hours driving. Thats taking the southern route thru New Mexico. Thought about leaving early on the 10th, and getting there late on the 11th. Ride 12th and 13th by ourselves. Go to the Rally on the 14,15,16 and leave for home Sat 17th, getting home Sunday the 18th. Would have to stay one night in hotel going out and coming back. If you decide you want to go this year, can you pick me up in Nashville? My son lives there, and I could leave my truck and trailer with him, and ride out with you. we could split Expenses that way. Like I said, I'm keeping my options open, I'd really like to go this year if it works out. It would be great if we could get 4 to go. I'm working on some people up here. Your looking at about $750.00 in gas to get out and back, and I'm looking at about the same in Hotel expenses. So, it's going to cost about $750.00 plus your food and spending money for two people to pair up and go. Of course if someone had a big truck and trailer that could haul 4 UTV's the gas would be split 4 ways. But, That would be a Big Trailer lol! Tell me what your thinkin scratch
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:59 am

Sounds like a great plan! So the trip could probably be made for around $1000 split 4 ways. I got to seriously see about trading trailers myself. I will have a mininum of an 18 footer if I make that trip. So If I drive out I could find a way to fit 3 UTV's....

Which way did you take going out? Go to nashville an take I-40 all the way across the east to west. We might make it somewhere in Texas\New Mexico and stop for the night or do you think we will get furthur or less. I'll drive it as straight thought as possible.

Only other concern got to see if I can get them days Approved off from work. I am asking for alot an losing alot of time but it should be worth it to ride out west. Between Vacation an Personal time I have 160 hours to burn.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:09 am

^^ To add to my above reply I just looked at my work schedule. You mentioned leaving on the 11th early and I am off that weekend so I could leave Friday the 9th even. That means to take this trip I will be taking 5 days of actual work off. Monday-Tuesday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday.

Thats 60 hours worth of vacation time I need so I will still have some left over.

Count me in for this trip! Just still got to see if I can get APPROVED OFF. If I can't then I am out. I think they will let me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21
Age : 44
Location : In the South

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:23 am

man that would be a fun trip but i never could ride long enough to make the cost worth it Mad

_________________
SouthernSxSRiders Administration
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21
Age : 44
Location : In the South

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:25 am

man that would be a fun trip but i never could ride long enough to make the cost worth it Mad

_________________
SouthernSxSRiders Administration
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 30
Location : Brandon, FL

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:30 am

i wish i could go looks like loads of fun but its cost way more then that 4 me to go Sad


Last edited by on Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rcmass
Sausage Biscuit
avatar

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Catawba, NC

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:27 am

oly cow I would love to go in May of '09

but looking at those pics - I wouls have to take a spare machine in case I roll Shocked

sounds like a blast though....

and Wheelin - if a group - say 4 - go in together and rent an rv (then find a trailer for all 4) it shouldnt be that bad.... dont count it out yet!
Back to top Go down
TnIceman
Sausage Biscuit


Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 53
Location : Cookeville Tn

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:41 am

Rental RV's cost a Fortune.. LOL, I looked into it last year when we were planing for our trip to Colorado.

I would also suggest the northen route as it will save you some hours and several $$ in fuel. I wanted to go to the Rally, but it is too early in May, kids are still in school. It would have been great if it were a month later and we could have done the rally and then stayed out there and rode all the areas for a week. But.. not the way it worked out. Oh well..

I am planning a trip out to Moab this summer, maybe in June is all goes well. I would like to spend 3-5 days there and then move to a different riding area and spend 3-5 there before heading home. Not sure where that second area might be yet.. Might be in Utah or in Colorado. I really liked the Taylor Park area in Colorado.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windrockatv.com
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:47 am

One more cool idea for the ones of us that hopefully can make the trip.

Wheelin can you decal guy do Flags also or can we also borrow the Banner for this trip. Would be nice to have a giant Southers SxS Riders Flag flying above one of the SxS's.

Since you know most UTV's fly a flag around the dunes out there.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 57
Location : Cabell Co., West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:16 pm

Thats where we went last year. 4 days in Moab, and 4 days riding in Buena Vista, CO. Rode Taylor park one day.
Back to top Go down
TnIceman
Sausage Biscuit


Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 53
Location : Cookeville Tn

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:03 pm

How is Buena Vista? I have not read about it. What would you compare it to?
Back to top Go down
http://www.windrockatv.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 57
Location : Cabell Co., West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:35 pm

TnIceman wrote:
How is Buena Vista? I have not read about it. What would you compare it to?

It is awesome. You have so many riding areas from Buena Vista. Taylor Lake is about 15 miles. You have the 4 mile area right there. St. Elmo, Tin Cup, Hancock, Grizzly Lake, Mount Antero (14,000') We went over 8- 12,000' passes in the 4 days we rode there. You can ride up towards Leadville and do Mosquito pass( 13,200') or down towards Salida. Great little town, and a Restaurant named Quincy's, where you can get a great Filet Mignon for $7.95. We ate there alot! Buena Vista is the only town in the USA where you can stand and look at (7)14,000+' mountains at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:40 pm

Who else is going to be up for this ride in May? wvYankee2 are you Definitly in?
Guess in the next week or 2 I will ask my team leader or supervisor about getting those days approved off an let them know what its for. Just want to know if its going to happen before I ask for those days off.

wvYankee2 are you still running a Carburated bike? Did you rejet before you left for Utah or wait until your there. Just wondering how much sputtering an backfiring I will hear if I leave the jetting like it is now.
Thats something for everyone to think about that is not Fuel Injected.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:45 pm

here are the directions I found on mapquest to get to Moab, UT. Although I will be running a GPS the whole time there. wvYankee2 did you know anything about this rounte?>


Note to Missouri I-64/Hwy 40 Travelers:

Attention: All lanes of I-64/Hwy 40 will be closed in both directions between Ballas Road and I-170 in the St. Louis, MO area. This section of the construction project will be closed from January 2, 2008 through the end of 2008 to allow for The New I-64 reconstruction project. Local businesses will remain open during the construction and can be accessed using alternative routing. MapQuest is working directly with the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) to ensure accurate driving directions in the affected area, but you may wish to verify your route on MoDOTís website, The New I-64 project. For your safety, always obey local construction and detour signs.

Maneuvers Distance Maps
1: Start out going SOUTH on MOONTOWN RD toward COUNTRY CHARM LN. 1.2 miles Map
2: Turn RIGHT onto WALL RD. 0.6 miles Map
3: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto US-72 W / TRAIL OF TEARS CORRIDOR. Continue to follow US-72 W. 5.9 miles Map
4: US-72 W becomes I-565 W. 1.7 miles Map
5: Take the MEMORIAL PKWY exit- EXIT 19B- toward US-231 N / US-431 N. 1.2 miles Map
6: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto N MEMORIAL PKWY / MEMORIAL PKWY NW. 0.2 miles Map
7: Turn LEFT onto UNIVERSITY DR NW / US-72 / AL-2. 1.6 miles Map
8: Turn RIGHT onto JORDAN LN NW / AL-53. Continue to follow AL-53 (Passing through TENNESSEE- ALABAMA- and TENNESSEE- then crossing into ALABAMA). 22.4 miles Map
9: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto AL-7 / MAIN ST. Continue to follow AL-7 (Crossing into TENNESSEE). 2.3 miles Map
10: Merge onto I-65 N. 81.1 miles Map
11: Merge onto I-40 E via EXIT 82B toward KNOXVILLE. 0.9 miles Map
12: Merge onto I-24 W via EXIT 211B on the LEFT toward CLARKSVILLE. 4.9 miles Map
13: Keep LEFT to take I-24 W via EXIT 88B toward CLARKSVILLE (Passing through KENTUCKY- then crossing into ILLINOIS). 176.2 miles Map
14: Merge onto I-57 N via EXIT 44B on the LEFT toward CHICAGO. 52.1 miles Map
15: Take I-64 W toward ST LOUIS (Crossing into MISSOURI). 74.0 miles Map
16: Merge onto I-70 W toward KANSAS CITY. 248.3 miles Map
17: Keep LEFT to take I-670 W / I-70 ALT W via EXIT 2L toward TOPEKA / WICHITA (Crossing into KANSAS). 3.8 miles Map
18: I-670 W / I-70 ALT W becomes I-70 W (Portions toll) (Passing through COLORADO- then crossing into UTAH). 920.8 miles Map
19: Take the US-191 exit- EXIT 182- toward CRESENT JCT / MOAB. 0.3 miles Map
20: Turn LEFT onto US-191 / UT-128. Continue to follow US-191. 31.5 miles Map
21: Turn LEFT onto E CENTER ST. <0.1 miles Map
22: End at Moab, UT US Map
Total Est. Time: 24 hours, 36 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1632.20 miles
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 57
Location : Cabell Co., West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:46 pm

Rick, Lets forget about the trip this year, and start planning it for next. I had to make a decision whether to go to Moab, or go to Windrock March 1st. I couldn't do both, and since Windrock is right upon us, I decided to just do it. This will give us plenty of time to Plan the Southern SXS Riders "Roundup at Moab" for 2009.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 57
Location : Cabell Co., West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:48 pm

ATV_Rick wrote:
here are the directions I found on mapquest to get to Moab, UT. Although I will be running a GPS the whole time there. wvYankee2 did you know anything about this rounte?>


Note to Missouri I-64/Hwy 40 Travelers:

Attention: All lanes of I-64/Hwy 40 will be closed in both directions between Ballas Road and I-170 in the St. Louis, MO area. This section of the construction project will be closed from January 2, 2008 through the end of 2008 to allow for The New I-64 reconstruction project. Local businesses will remain open during the construction and can be accessed using alternative routing. MapQuest is working directly with the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) to ensure accurate driving directions in the affected area, but you may wish to verify your route on MoDOTís website, The New I-64 project. For your safety, always obey local construction and detour signs.

Maneuvers Distance Maps
1: Start out going SOUTH on MOONTOWN RD toward COUNTRY CHARM LN. 1.2 miles Map
2: Turn RIGHT onto WALL RD. 0.6 miles Map
3: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto US-72 W / TRAIL OF TEARS CORRIDOR. Continue to follow US-72 W. 5.9 miles Map
4: US-72 W becomes I-565 W. 1.7 miles Map
5: Take the MEMORIAL PKWY exit- EXIT 19B- toward US-231 N / US-431 N. 1.2 miles Map
6: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto N MEMORIAL PKWY / MEMORIAL PKWY NW. 0.2 miles Map
7: Turn LEFT onto UNIVERSITY DR NW / US-72 / AL-2. 1.6 miles Map
8: Turn RIGHT onto JORDAN LN NW / AL-53. Continue to follow AL-53 (Passing through TENNESSEE- ALABAMA- and TENNESSEE- then crossing into ALABAMA). 22.4 miles Map
9: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto AL-7 / MAIN ST. Continue to follow AL-7 (Crossing into TENNESSEE). 2.3 miles Map
10: Merge onto I-65 N. 81.1 miles Map
11: Merge onto I-40 E via EXIT 82B toward KNOXVILLE. 0.9 miles Map
12: Merge onto I-24 W via EXIT 211B on the LEFT toward CLARKSVILLE. 4.9 miles Map
13: Keep LEFT to take I-24 W via EXIT 88B toward CLARKSVILLE (Passing through KENTUCKY- then crossing into ILLINOIS). 176.2 miles Map
14: Merge onto I-57 N via EXIT 44B on the LEFT toward CHICAGO. 52.1 miles Map
15: Take I-64 W toward ST LOUIS (Crossing into MISSOURI). 74.0 miles Map
16: Merge onto I-70 W toward KANSAS CITY. 248.3 miles Map
17: Keep LEFT to take I-670 W / I-70 ALT W via EXIT 2L toward TOPEKA / WICHITA (Crossing into KANSAS). 3.8 miles Map
18: I-670 W / I-70 ALT W becomes I-70 W (Portions toll) (Passing through COLORADO- then crossing into UTAH). 920.8 miles Map
19: Take the US-191 exit- EXIT 182- toward CRESENT JCT / MOAB. 0.3 miles Map
20: Turn LEFT onto US-191 / UT-128. Continue to follow US-191. 31.5 miles Map
21: Turn LEFT onto E CENTER ST. <0.1 miles Map
22: End at Moab, UT US Map
Total Est. Time: 24 hours, 36 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1632.20 miles


This is the way I go from my house.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:49 pm

If you had to make a decision then you need to be at Windrock on the 1st.

Everyone who can make the MOAB trip in 2009!!! This now gives like 1 year, 3 months notice.


We got Windrock and Hopefully a West Viringia\hatfield-mccoy trip coming up!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 57
Location : Cabell Co., West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:54 pm

ATV_Rick wrote:
wvYankee2 are you still running a Carburated bike? Did you rejet before you left for Utah or wait until your there. Just wondering how much sputtering an backfiring I will hear if I leave the jetting like it is now.
Thats something for everyone to think about that is not Fuel Injected.

Rick, for your info, Moab sits at 4000'. Rejetting is not necessary. Your UTV will run fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll   

Back to top Go down
 
Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Moab, Utah UTV Rally Poll
» My X in Moab, UT
» 2011 Outerbike - Bike Demo Event at Moab, Utah
» MOAB UTAH 2014 ROTR
» 4 days of mud, rocks, rain & adventure in Utah. 10/10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: Southern Riding and Trail info :: Other places to ride-
Jump to: